October 25, 2014 | 1425 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Small Angled Brush

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by blua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Wasn't as firm as I thought it would be, therefore I had to go over my brows a couple more times because it doesn't deposit color as strong as I like (I love statement brows!)....but it does the job. Plus it was under $5, so who can complain?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by frckls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Gah. I thought I would love this product to bits, but turned out not.

I used this in place for too-scratchy-for-my-poor-lashline brush that came with Maybelline Gel Line. People rave about it, but not my stupid eye skin. The bristles are seriously soft and dense enough. But I always wipe my brushes to tissue paper after each usage, in between washes. And because of that, the bristles splayed on me after a few gel liner usages and cannot retain its old shape even after washing. Bah.

I found a much better replacement for this, with thinner end as well, although this is not that bad either. But I have moved on ever since the splaying.

Tsk. Too bad. The other brushes from the same line are actually pretty awesome.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by gojiberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The worst eyeliner brush I have ever used. I bought 4 of these because of the price and good reviews and I definitely wish now I hadn't. The width of the brush head looks thin in the photos but it's actually quite thick, at least 3 times thicker than the Sephora #15 eyeliner brush I prefer. I wing my eyeliner and with this brush, sadly, you cannot get a extremely thin point at the end of your wing. I don't get as elegant a line with this ELF brush as most other eyeliner brushes. It's stiff but I wish it had slightly more bend in order to line more smoothly. . Also, the handle is way too long for my liking, much longer than any other eyeliner brush I've owned. This can be a complication if you use this while looking into a mirror. And it is true, the first few uses these brushes stink like a cheap factory. For me, the price doesn't cut it. I won't be repurchasing any other ELF brushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2012 9:04:00 AM More reviews by Doubleshot70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Firstly,I have a vast amount of professional brushes and we are all different in our needs,for instance some of us have different eye shapes.Let's begin,this brush has a sturdy handle,the ferrule is well connected to the handle.It is a nice weight,the width of the bristles is quite short, these are a few things to bear in mind.
On towards application,it produces a thin line,close to the lashes,if you need a thicker line then you can build it slowly and you may need to dip in to your gel liner a few times.I found the brush to be firm and smooth and it required minimal pressure to produce a nice,swift and clean cut wing.
For the price, this is a fantastic brush, do bear in mind we are all so different when it cones to our personal needs when it comes to brushes.This brush serves me well, and I am versatile with my eye lining, sometimes I want a brush to give me a thicker line in one swift, controlled movement and other times I just want a very thin line, close to my eye lash line and some tight lining, this is where this brush shines.
The next line may shock some of you, but I will add that the Bobbi Brown fine liner brush just would not perform for me, and I just apply eye shadow as an eye liner or to apply shadow to set pencil liners.That has been my only mistake and my biggest highly regretful purchase.Ladies, be careful before you part with your money.I do hope this was helpful for some of you.
Thanks For Your Time(ladies and gents)

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2011 8:01:00 PM More reviews by allthegoodonesaretaken

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

It's a good brush, but when you buy their studio cream liners, you get the same exact brush but with a shorter handle, for free! I actually like the little one better as the handle on the $3 one is far too long. It get's in the way when I try to line my eyes close to a mirror. I actually got the entire studio set when they had a 75% off sale. Good brush overall, but while $3 ain't bad, I'm glad didn't have to. : )

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by GreenTea02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great for applying eyeshadows in wet form, but creates a sloppy cat eye. The brush is too thick to create a smooth, thin line for the "wings." That was the reason I purchased this brush.... Great for applying eyeshdadows to the waterline. I can use any eyeshadow and turn it into a liquid liner using rosewater. I have been using this brush for over a year now and it is still in pristine condition. NO shedding or falling apart like other elf brushes.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Nanaisbeautiful

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This brush is way too flimsy for anything! I intended to use this brush for lining my upper lash with a cream liner but this brush absorbs too much product as well not providing any control to apply the product. I could not even use it for applying lip products because the brush has no control . I tried to give the brush to a friend of mines for filling in her brows but she did not like it as she found it too flimsy as well. Of course I do not like nor do I recommend this brush.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2011 1:16:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

Ugh. This brush sucks at applying eyeliner. Its to thick and makes your lines look huge, not a fan.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2011 5:09:00 PM More reviews by sweetiesweetie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I like to apply eyeshadow as lower liner for a softer look, or I use eyeliner on the too, take this brush, dip it in some eyeshadow and put it over it to keep it in place and avoid panda eyes.

It's very soft and precise. I think the handle is a bit long, but maybe it's just because I'm a noob haha

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by paradoxia1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I really don't like this to be honest. Its too thick and way too stiff. I tried using it for gel liner, eyeshadow and even lipstick but I hated it for all those things . I still love elf though.