Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Eye Pencil

on 8/1/2011 10:26:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This eyeliner is great for winged eyeliner looks, but fails to do its job at "staying-in-place". It wears off on my lower lid throughout the day. Might not buy this again.

on 6/11/2011 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

More of a 4.5.

It's wonderful, works great. Although, not as great as grand rival 24/7 liner. Sadly, that wins overall. But since I don't have that and this was a nice gift, it's good, and awesome. Although when I run out, I'll go for something cheaper.

on 6/10/2011 2:43:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I use this in the Bronze shade and it is one of my HG items. I am a part-time SA for the Lauder and Clinique lines (smaller stores "blended" their associates) and really love the Double Wear line in Lauder. All the products in the line are made to be long wearing. I have used up 2 of these liners down to stubs . I apply it in the morning and it stays put until I remove it at night. This is a nice medium brown shade with a bit of a golden undertone. When I apply it, I take the smudger on the other end and lightly dip it in some powder and run it over the liner to "set" it. This color compliments blue eyes very nicely, but it's a color that can be used by almost everyone. These do run $20 apiece at counter and I will be the first to say, there are drugstore brands that may last every bit as well. However, since I am an SA for the line and get gratis, usually these are free for me. Out of all the brands we sell, and eyeliners I am able to choose from, this is one of the ones I would probably still purchase if I did not receive gratis.

on 6/6/2011 12:18:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I was suckered into buying this product at the EL counter. After trying it, I was not disappointed. It stayed on all night at my prom, and is long wearing for every day use. My only complaint is that it rubs off on the creases of my eyelids when I use it on my top lash line, but my oily lids may contribute to this. Will not buy again, especially since I had better results on my lids with a $4 liquid liner.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Got my Mother's Day E.L. tote and goodies from my darling UPS man yesterday. I bought two DW eyeliner pencils--one Onyx and one Coffee. I tried the Onyx last night after removing all my daytime MU. As a trial, I put in on and wore it to bed. Still there and still looking okay. I really want a nice black to use on my waterline but e/l either irritates my eyes or disappears into my lower lashes. It lasted on my rims until I went to bed at least. Today it's just blended into my lashes. Will try the coffee today on upper lids and waterline. They are beautiful colors--very rich. Will update as far as WL wear.

on 3/5/2011 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

During Estee Lauder's gwp sell, I bought this eyeliner in 'Bronze' for the first time, along with my usual DW foundation. I tried it out along with the eyeshadow and mascara I already had on, and it gave my eyes definition without screaming, "Eyeliner!" The second time I used it, I attempted to apply it on my waterline, with no luck. Today I tried it one last time, applying it over my DW Shadowcreme, and about 3 hours or so later, it had mostly evaporated from my top lid. For almost 20 bucks a stick, eyeliner shouldn't be this complicated! I originally had wanted the midnight blue (which may have worked better for me, since it's darker than the bronze and perhaps more pigmented), but they only had Bronze and Onyx in stock. Unfortunately, this color soured me to the point of it going back to the store, and I don't care to try the other colors.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I love this eyeliner especially the black plum. It looks light but when you put it on your eyes they just brighten up. (I have hazel eyes). They are creamy, easy to apply and do not budge. The color payoff is amazing and I will for sure try some other colors in the future.

on 1/8/2011 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It's funny how different products work differently from person to person! Reviewer right below prefers these double wear liners to the Clinique cream shapers, but I would go with the cream shaper over this any day! I got this double wear pencil in coffee. The color is nice, a dark, kind of cool brown. It applies beautifully, very smooth, no tugging, nice pigment. The problem is the staying power and that's what this product is named for! The color completely disappeared from both my waterline (ok, this I can understand) AND my lower lash line, and faded quite a bit from my upper lash line. Disappointed.

I'm pleased with this eyeliner. Yeah, it's hella expensive, but it's a very high-quality pencil. The liner gives a rich, creamy color and it really does stay put. Compared to my Clinique quickliner, this stuff lasts at least twice as long. I have the Onyx color, which is a deep, striking black. It's perfect for night wear. I'd like to try the forest next.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm a sucker at lining my eyes, so I really need very good eyeliners to get a decent result. This one is a godsend. When I first swatched it on my hand I noticed how incredibly creamy and smooth this was, so I though it wouldn't have a decent staying power. After the first day of use I had to change my mind: it really stays on, no matter what you do, and it only comes off with oil. What I really love about this pencil is the colour, I got it in Onyx, which is a super-rich and brilliant black colour. It does transfer a very little bit on my crease (even with eye primer on) but it's an almost undetectable detail. Quite pricey, but I would repurchase.