L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion

2.6

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

omg they were on sale so I bought one and it honestly was SUCH A MISTAKE. It's SO terrible, and I hate it absolutely! The wand sucks, the mascara clumps, and it does NOTHING to my lashes except coat them with black gunk. I hate this so much..

on 1/28/2012 5:50:00 PM

This mascara was just ok, not a trainwreck, but I have owned better mascara in my lifetime. The brush is what caught my interest, but now I realize that the traditional brush is something I feel really gives my eyes that pop.

on 1/22/2012 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I got this and used it twice for my lower lashes which is why i gave it a 2 besides that this sucks. Why is the wand so small but still clumps your lashs. I thought this may be good I was WRONG!!! so wrong!!!! Loreal is a Highend Drug Store brand more of the more exspendsive ones why does this suck so much!

on 1/19/2012 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Worst mascara I've ever tried. I bought it because it was marked down to $3 at my store, and I usually love L'Oreal mascaras. The brush is just dumb. You can't swipe your lashes to get coverage, you need to go one by one, and when you do this there is major clumpage. It really should be called "Spider Lash Mascara"

This being said, if you want a secondary mascara to do your bottom lashes with, this would be a good one. I don't have thick lashes on the bottom and this one works for that. But who buys a mascara just for their bottom lashes?

Do not buy.

on 1/15/2012 4:34:00 PM

I really enjoy this wand. But maybe that's because I have big eyes and they are very round in shape, so my lash line is very much like the shape of a rainbow. I enjoy being able to get into the inner corner lashes and slowly work my way across the lash line, section by section, fanning out the lashes how I want. Longer, straighter mascara wands don't allow me the detailed control I want. Caution: wipe off any excess goop that comes out of the tube and is still left on the wand. It is a thick formula, so make it work by using the least possible.
I will keep the wand and try it using different mascara formulas so see if it makes a big difference.

on 1/7/2012 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this mascara. I love the round brush but....you have to be a "mascara person" and you have to use a mirror that magnifies A LOT. This brush lets you get to individual lashes and lets you manipulate the odd errant lash. If you like to swipe and run, this is not for you.

on 1/5/2012 7:33:00 AM

Yeah... This sucks. The worst mascara I've ever used. No matter how I apply this (yes, I do know how to apply mascara properly with this type of brush) it clumps my eyelashes together to the point that it looks like I have three really fat eyelashes on each eye. Not a good look. I won't repurchase and I'm pretty pissed that I shelled out $26.99AU for this.

on 1/3/2012 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Got this on sale today at Target, it does really get into the corners where I find it difficult to apply mascara, apart from that I don't use it for anything else really so I don't have much to be disappointed about as it does the job for me! It's so bizarre looking but it really helps get those nooks that I can never get with a normal wand. I didn't have high expectations of this mascara so I'm not disappointed. It's probably pretty average except it has an unusual wand which helps me with what I want to do (get into those corners). I probably won't repurchase as I would really like to try Clinique's lower lash mascara which will probably do the same thing and double as a lower lash mascara of course.

on 12/24/2011 10:39:00 PM

I really thought I would like this mascara, but the first time I tried it I HATED it. It clumps horribly and has a bad brush. It's supposed go separate and get every lash, but it did nothing for me. Worst mascara.

on 12/16/2011 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

One of the worst mascaras that I've ever tried! I was intriqued by the different style applicator (as others have described it, like a "Medieval Ball " i.e. a Mace), and I've seen some postive reviews, so why not give it a try?

First off, the "Mace" applicator takes a bit of getting used to - I've found it best to start at the very base of your lashes and go up vertically. Do NOT use this in a horizon back and forth motion (talk about clump city). Applying it vertically (and making sure the applicator didn't have excess product on it) gave me nice lenght without clumping. Applying more than one coat risks getting clumps, so if you want to add coats, have an eyelash comb or clean spoolie handy.

While the "Mace" worked great for my upper lashes, I found applying the mascara to my lower lashes difficult to do without making a mess, which is a minus.

And speaking of "a mess", I found that this mascara both flaked AND smudged something awful. The flaking seems to start within 4 hours of application, and the more coats, the worse the flaking (but it even flaked with one coat). And within 6 hours, I had the dreaded black smudges under my eyes. Yuck! Sorry, L'Oreal, you scrwed up big time with this mascara!

Popular Mascaras