October 2, 2014 | 1086 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Telescopic Explosion

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Audrey0

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really enjoy this wand. But maybe that's because I have big eyes and they are very round in shape, so my lash line is very much like the shape of a rainbow. I enjoy being able to get into the inner corner lashes and slowly work my way across the lash line, section by section, fanning out the lashes how I want. Longer, straighter mascara wands don't allow me the detailed control I want. Caution: wipe off any excess goop that comes out of the tube and is still left on the wand. It is a thick formula, so make it work by using the least possible.
I will keep the wand and try it using different mascara formulas so see if it makes a big difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 1:11:00 PM More reviews by ladyeaton

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara. I love the round brush but....you have to be a "mascara person" and you have to use a mirror that magnifies A LOT. This brush lets you get to individual lashes and lets you manipulate the odd errant lash. If you like to swipe and run, this is not for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2012 7:33:00 AM More reviews by TMK6959

Yeah... This sucks. The worst mascara I've ever used. No matter how I apply this (yes, I do know how to apply mascara properly with this type of brush) it clumps my eyelashes together to the point that it looks like I have three really fat eyelashes on each eye. Not a good look. I won't repurchase and I'm pretty pissed that I shelled out $26.99AU for this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by lizzea

Got this on sale today at Target, it does really get into the corners where I find it difficult to apply mascara, apart from that I don't use it for anything else really so I don't have much to be disappointed about as it does the job for me! It's so bizarre looking but it really helps get those nooks that I can never get with a normal wand. I didn't have high expectations of this mascara so I'm not disappointed. It's probably pretty average except it has an unusual wand which helps me with what I want to do (get into those corners). I probably won't repurchase as I would really like to try Clinique's lower lash mascara which will probably do the same thing and double as a lower lash mascara of course.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by makeuplove999

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really thought I would like this mascara, but the first time I tried it I HATED it. It clumps horribly and has a bad brush. It's supposed go separate and get every lash, but it did nothing for me. Worst mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by 12catcrazy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

One of the worst mascaras that I've ever tried! I was intriqued by the different style applicator (as others have described it, like a "Medieval Ball " i.e. a Mace), and I've seen some postive reviews, so why not give it a try?

First off, the "Mace" applicator takes a bit of getting used to - I've found it best to start at the very base of your lashes and go up vertically. Do NOT use this in a horizon back and forth motion (talk about clump city). Applying it vertically (and making sure the applicator didn't have excess product on it) gave me nice lenght without clumping. Applying more than one coat risks getting clumps, so if you want to add coats, have an eyelash comb or clean spoolie handy.

While the "Mace" worked great for my upper lashes, I found applying the mascara to my lower lashes difficult to do without making a mess, which is a minus.

And speaking of "a mess", I found that this mascara both flaked AND smudged something awful. The flaking seems to start within 4 hours of application, and the more coats, the worse the flaking (but it even flaked with one coat). And within 6 hours, I had the dreaded black smudges under my eyes. Yuck! Sorry, L'Oreal, you scrwed up big time with this mascara!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by JennyBean13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

You need to know how to work with this brush as it takes some practice to be able to lash it on in 2 minutes. I think it's decent, but not amazing. It clumps quite easily but when done correctly it can look very nice.
However, I was experimenting one day and put on my normal mascara (Maybelline Great Lash) and then used Explosion to add detail to the corners and bottom lashes. I found this combination of mascaras worked great for me.
Alone, it's only alright but combined it's a nice handy little tool. I think I'd buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2011 12:55:00 AM More reviews by michtou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Lisa Eldridge did a tutorial in which she used a small, round mascara wand. Since I'm pretty adept at my wand skills, this Telescopic seemed to be perfect for my needs: get way down to the root and shimmy up to the ends of my lashes. So...

Pros:
-if you know how to use this type of mascara brush, it can make getting the roots and each lash covered so easy! I feel I can manoeuvre the brush more freely than with traditional brushes
-the size of the tube is easy to handle

Cons: (mind, I wanted to give this a 2.5)
-the wand is made of rubber, so the tip is TOO flexible. I had two problems: either I couldn't get enough product off the brush tip or I tried too hard and flicked mascara on my top. Not very nice.
-the mascara itself is simply mediocre. I've used it for 3 months now & while it lengthened my lashes and only started to flake recently, it didn't justify a re-purchase.

Alors, l'Oreal: perfect the brush & kick the formula up to Voluminous level and then we'll talk. For now, I've just bought Covergirl Lash Blast. Watch this space!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by BlondeKat

After tyring mostly high end mascaras, I decided to go out on whim and try a drugstore brand. Maybe every six months I'll pick out a mascara from a drugstore for the heck of it. This one is acutally pretty decent. If your are going for fullness, or thickness this one probably isn't for you. The best thing about it is how much it lengthens your lashes and it how cleanly the application goes on your lashes. Also, it gives you a really dark lash. It is great for me, because I have naturally light lashes. Would I purchase this again? I put yes, because its a quick go to, if you are out of a mascara you typically like to use. In my case I was using Mufe, and it was getting dull, so I picked this up real quick at the store. All in all, decent product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by violetsky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

Pro's: Works just as well as Givenchy's spiked brush. It curls and lengthens like no other, while also giving a bit of plump-ness.
Con's: The formula can get mucky and clumpy. I follow up with Covergirl Lash Blast length and it kind of takes off some of the gluck and seperates.

YOU NEED TO KNOW HOW TO USE IT. If you don't, you'll be unhappy. It's very easy to use, just start at the roots with not tons of formula on the brush and work your way up.

I use it everyday, can't imagine my makeup bag without it.