July 24, 2014 | 1904 users online

Polishes - OPI - Over The Taupe

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2010 2:22:00 PM More reviews by lhofer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Has there ever been a more perfect fall nail polish? I don't think so!

The color is unique and different enough to stand out from other traditional polishes, yet everyone I've shown it to loves it. It goes on smooth, but takes about two coats. I bought back in June, and wore it throughout the summer, and now I'm looking forward to have my nails match the beautiful look of autumn. Do yourself a favor and buy this nail polish! You won't regret it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2010 9:44:00 PM More reviews by pulitzer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Colorwise, this deserves a 5. An unique, not quite brown, not quite taupe that goes with just about everything, Over the Taupe is great (especially for this time of year).

However, the problem I had was with the formula...it was a bit watery and translucent; two coats were barely enough to be completely opaque.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by lilpumpkin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This polish is hands down the classiest color for the fall. Its a little lighter than YDKJ & I prefer it over the aforementioned color because it looks fantastic on my pale freckled skin. The thing I love about this polish the most is the formula. Im a messy polisher, and everytime I use OTT I get the most perfect, flawless mani that requires minimal to no cleanup. Get it, you'll LOVE.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2010 12:27:00 AM More reviews by jenna88chu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fabulous medium shade of taupe. It works perfectly with my medium asian skin tones. It's one of my top 5 polishes :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2010 4:05:00 AM More reviews by neslin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's a great dupe for Chanel's 505, and actually even better because it's a little darker so it won't look too pale. It's a beautiful brownish mauve color like a milk chocolate brown,with a bit of greyish tone and looks so chic & classy.Not too dark, not too light, it's great for fall & winter. Also I noticed it looks even better with a slightly longer nails with just 2 coats.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2010 3:22:00 AM More reviews by lissabunny9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Very pretty creamy brown nail polish. Not too dark and not light enough to be considered a nude on my pale hands. Very flattering and work appropriate color. Staying power is similar to other OPI colors. Would be a good polish choice for fall and winter especially.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2010 5:05:00 PM More reviews by bunnyfoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great colour! I have gotten several compliments on Over the Taupe. It's a brownish mauve colour - whether you go outside or inside, it doesn't really change too much. No sparkles or glitter but that's okay. It's a really subtle but chic polish that you can either wear to the office or for a night out. I borrowed this from a friend at work and will definitely be picking up my own bottle for a future mani! For reference, my skin tone is a C4 or NC35.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Preeti88

This was my first venture into the whole gray/mushroom nail varnish hype. This product was very hyped up on blogs and youtube so I had to try it. I love this colour even though most people think it looks awful I think it looks very chic. It is a mushroomy taupe and it glides on and dries to a nice shiny finish. It lasts better than some OPI nail varnishes but I do believe a good top coat and base coat make all the difference. I look forward to wearing it again this coming fall.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by 4arakim

This is my absolute favorite OPI color. It's polished and sophisticated without being so dark. I don't care what anyone says, I do and will wear it year round.

I don't have a problem with this particular color being runny. Two coats and I'm good to go. It lasts a good 10 days on me with my Out The Door Top Coat.

It's hard to find it in stores. I ordered mine off of eBay for about $7. I love it! : )

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2010 8:44:00 PM More reviews by myluckypenny

I have a LOVE/HATE relationship with this polish... I had originally set out for that perfect putty color w/o having to cough up the cash for Chanel Particulière and I was hitting snags left and right. I bought OPI's You Don't Know Jacques and it was a beautiful color, but too brown/charcoal. Then I went and bought Rimmel's Steel Gray and it looked GREAT in incandescent night time lighting, but during daylight and fluorescent lighting, the lilac undertones really shone through. A unique color, but not what I was looking for.

I was going to try one more time, and it was between this and Sally Hanson's "Commander in Chic"... obviously, I went with OPI's "Over the Taupe". This color initially is VERY watery/runny, and not as pigmented as I would have thought. Even my Rimmel polish was more pigmented than this. I needed 3-4 coats to get it to show up opaque, but those layers really added to the complexity of the color. Looks PERFECT w/ my NC30 skin... I no longer have the desire to hunt down another perfect putty color... UNLESS, you can point me in the direction of a dupe of this color - in a more pigmented formula, then I'm all ears!

Hate the runny formula, love the color. Would buy again in a heartbeat if I run out... would love to find a dupe for this in a more pigmented consistency.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No