April 21, 2014 | 963 users online

Lip Treatments - Christian Dior - Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 8:03:00 AM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I eyed this in Sephora for months before finally deciding to shell out for it. The price definitely puts me off but I do quite like the product. The texture (to me) is fairly similar to the Revlon lip butters, only more emollient. My lips are pretty pigmented so I didn't expect much as far as color but right upon application I can see the difference. "Lip Glow" is a good name, it gives me a pretty pink glow to the lips. I have quite dry lips and nothing ever completely softens them but this does do a good job. It's thick enough that it stays on for a good long time and feels lovely while there. I only need one swipe across each lip so I think it will last a long time as well. The packaging is gorgeous, sturdy and luxe. Most days I can't be bothered to put on and reapply lip products so this is a very good choice for me. I'm fairly confident that I will repurchase this item.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by chechi

The only con about this product is the price - it is steep for a lip balm. However it is convenient and it gives a nice transparent pink tint. It is also moisturizing and it does not cause dry or peeling lips.... You can find less expensive alternatives but this is a lovely product to consider especially if you want to treat yourself. I have this with me in my pocket while at work all day

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 4:53:00 AM More reviews by KittieVanilly

I haven't stopped using this lip balm since I started. I AM IN LOVE with it! It's pretty pricey but a must buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by thechain

I wanted to try this balm so bad, so I was willing to overlook the price tag.

It's a fun product. Great packaging. And it enhances the color of your lips (for me, it brings out the darker pigments, leaving me with a deep rosy color).

It is not, however, moisturizing. At all. It reminds me more of a lipstick, than a balm.

I will enjoy using this up, but when it's gone I won't buy another.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was really excited for this, and admittedly, blinded by the sleek packaging and the brand name. I debated purchasing this for quite some time, but finally took the plunge...and it's just all right. It applies buttery and rich, and tints my lips a healthy flush of bright pink as the product warms up. It smells delicious, like vanilla mint (Shamrock Shake!). What really let me down about this product is how often I need to reapply, and how little it actually moisturizes my lips. I have regular lip glosses that leave my lips feeling hydrated much longer than this balm. Within 4 hours at work, I must have reapplied 5 times because my lips felt parched.

When asking girls around the office, what they thought of my lips, they surprisingly said "They look great. Natural, yet healthy and standing out." without even knowing what I was wearing. This product does do what it claims in terms of color and finish....I just can't rank this high because of the lack of hydration and wear time.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2013 8:25:00 AM More reviews by dblou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The packaging is so cute and the colour perfect. Not the most effective moisturizer but okay. The only thing that really bothered me was the awfull scent of a mint. I hate mint soooo much in everything, even in the foods i can't stand it. So i just couldn't use it and had to give it away.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2013 4:53:00 AM More reviews by jerseycindy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Tangee, anyone?
For those of you who are too young to remember, Tangee was a translucent orange lipstick that went on clear and then supposedly would magically transform into your own unique clolor. Unfortunately it pretty much just stained your lips pink and dried them out. It was a cute gimmick but not a good lipstick. Along comes Dior doing the same schtick but this time instead of bright orange, it's a pale pink in the tube. Unfortunately, once it goes on your lips it's Tangee all over again. It stained my lips and gave them a burning sensation. For $31 I expect more than a recycled gimmick.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by nikrou

This lipbalm was awesome but I could not justify paying 30 dollars almost every month because it's so rich and creamy so you use it often. Great stuff but I would need two in a pack or something. Just not enough for 30 bucks. Aquafor works just as fine for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by squizzersqoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

is this ridiculously and amazingly expensive? YES
is this overly hyped up? YES
could this easily be replaced by cheap drugstore lip balms/tints? YES
But is it still worth it? YES

yes, yes, and yes this is ridiculously overpriced and considering the effect it gives, it is easily replaceable my something cheaper like the maybelline baby lips

BUT nonetheless

I choose makeup products not only for its quality, but for the entire experience. The fact that remains is...the packaging is AWESOME BALLS. Its so wonderful, and it brings me silent tears of joy. Just swooshing it out of your pocket/handbag and using it in public makes you somehow more "posh". The dior lip treatment completes me, and I complete is as well.
And mind you, it is quite hydrating! At least, it was for me when I went to paris in the middle of March and was basically freezing my arse off with cold winds that slapped and bit into my skin. It gives my lips a feisty attitude, almost as if I did a little smoochy smoochy with somebody a few seconds ago.

*sorry...I was trying to make my review somewhat interesting/entertaining but nonetheless in truth*

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by alabee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I must agree with other low-rated reviews -- this stuff is majorly overhyped. The texture is creamy and the scent is pleasant, but the color payoff/quality is not in keeping with the super high price. If this were a Revlon or Maybelline product, it would maybe get four stars, but for the uneven application and uninspiring color payoff it delivers combined with the crazy price tag, I have to give it two. Bummer!