August 30, 2014 | 1645 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm Tin

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Lietuva

It`s a great balm,really moisturizing & I absolutely adore the tingling effect! By the way,I had no probs with opening the can. Good stuff.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 2:52:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

No problems with opening the tin, it's minty and refreshing on your lips, but the smell is terrible, and I don't like sticking my finger in the tin. Maybe I got a bad batch, but this really stinks. I will not buy this lip balm again...

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2010 5:31:00 AM More reviews by summerbrow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I binned this product promptly about 10 min. after first application. The menthol/peppermint ingredients migrated straight to my gums from my lips and my gums were burning and stinging for nearly half an hour after application. So this product is not for me.
Obviously, my reaction is not normal, I must be extra sensitive, but apart from that, I just don't understand why manufacturers keep putting ingredients that are known to be local irritants, like menthol, peppemint, witch hazel etc. in skin care products.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2009 9:19:00 PM More reviews by kieustar

I like this it does help moisturise your lips however it doesn't last that long (my lip smackers last longer!).

There's this minty fresh sensation on your lips, i guess it means it's working.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 3:41:00 AM More reviews by fkngabi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this. My favorite lip balm. It's pretty cheap and I didn't have a problem opening it lol. And I love the mintyy smell but my boyfriend hates it tho lol

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by ginger9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Did they produce defective tin lids?? I am reading many reviewers having problems opening the tin lid. I however do not have this problem. In fact it is a cinch for me! I really like the tin box, very nostagic, nice and compact for storage and carrying around. Personally I don't like tube balms. I am a loyal bistex (the round plastic packaging) user. I got thisbecause of it's all natural and simple ingredients. I also like the minty feel, although it wears off rather quickly. I'm in Canada and right now it's December so the consistency is a bit hard due to the cold temperature. I have to "scrape" to get a good amount. It's not as moisturizing as Blistex, but I like it nonetheless. Would love to know how it will perform on a freezing cold winter day and I am in need of some serious chapped lip relief.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2009 3:13:00 AM More reviews by CitrusT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I must have gotten lucky with a tin that is easy to open. I'm on a natural lip balm hunt, so I decided to finally give this product a try. I love the peppermint oil in the balm. It tingles when I first put it on, and I could still feel that cooling sensation well after applying it. I also love the way the pepperment oil opened up my nostrils. I was shocked by that. The scent makes my breath feel fresh. You can smell it feets away from the person who's wearing it. I had to take a lippie away because of the texture. It's hard to get out the pot, but once you get beneath the surface of the balm, it seems to be a little easier to get out. I noticed that with a lot of beeswax based balms. The lip balm is a little too waxy on my lips, and because of that I will not repurchase this again. Next time I will try this in the stick form.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2009 2:12:00 AM More reviews by myrifle

I bought this because of the novelty of having a tin. It works well as a balm but i don't like having to find a napkin to wipe my fingers afterward, esp. if i'm out and about. It tingles and smells great. Second day, the top got stuck! it took like 10 minutes to open and i had 3 friends try and open it. After I somehow got it off, it hasn't been stuck as bad.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2009 12:24:00 PM More reviews by falovalo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I liked the tingling feeling that I initially got when I applied this, but after that it was just an ordinary lip balm put into cute packaging. The tin is kind of hard to open, mine got stuck closed and I couldn't get it opened for a year. I'll stick with Chap Stick!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2009 3:31:00 PM More reviews by luminaryb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't know how I used to live without this. I have very very VERY dry lips. They crack a lot. Till I started using this, my lips were literally ugly and it was very hard to apply lipstick because of the rough texture of my lips but now they are soft and easy to work with thanks to this life-saving product. The texture is a little bit hard and that I only use it at home and use the Burts Bees stick lip balm outside, which is easier to apply.The lip balm (untinned) is the best lip treatment in a stick form I've ever used, but still not as healing and softening as this one.