Burt's Bees Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm Tin

3.5

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), limonene.

on 3/27/2010 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this product; natural ingredients, moisturizing, leaves a tingly feeling and very affordable. I like to use this at night since it doesn't have spf

on 3/18/2010 5:23:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

i got this the other day when the skin on my lips started to flake. the good thing about this product is it dont make your lips feel oily and really does help with any dry skin on the lip area. i love it..........the best balm ever!!

on 3/8/2010 10:55:00 PM

Didn't have any trouble opening the tin but sadly, the best part of this balm to me is how cute the packaging is. I love how slim the tin is, and seems to be tight enough to be secure when chucked into your bag, but not too tight that it's hard to pry open.

Otherwise, its moisturising qualities are dismal, doesn't last long, and I'm not very fond of the texture. I enjoyed the tingly sensation from the peppermint oil but it could possibly be irritating to some folks. Probably going to use it as a possible lip plumper before layering my regular lipbalm or lipstick on top.

on 3/3/2010 5:17:00 PM

It`s a great balm,really moisturizing & I absolutely adore the tingling effect! By the way,I had no probs with opening the can. Good stuff.

on 1/30/2010 2:52:00 AM

No problems with opening the tin, it's minty and refreshing on your lips, but the smell is terrible, and I don't like sticking my finger in the tin. Maybe I got a bad batch, but this really stinks. I will not buy this lip balm again...

on 1/24/2010 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I binned this product promptly about 10 min. after first application. The menthol/peppermint ingredients migrated straight to my gums from my lips and my gums were burning and stinging for nearly half an hour after application. So this product is not for me.
Obviously, my reaction is not normal, I must be extra sensitive, but apart from that, I just don't understand why manufacturers keep putting ingredients that are known to be local irritants, like menthol, peppemint, witch hazel etc. in skin care products.

on 12/29/2009 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like this it does help moisturise your lips however it doesn't last that long (my lip smackers last longer!).

There's this minty fresh sensation on your lips, i guess it means it's working.

on 12/28/2009 3:41:00 AM

I love this. My favorite lip balm. It's pretty cheap and I didn't have a problem opening it lol. And I love the mintyy smell but my boyfriend hates it tho lol

on 12/7/2009 4:14:00 PM

Did they produce defective tin lids?? I am reading many reviewers having problems opening the tin lid. I however do not have this problem. In fact it is a cinch for me! I really like the tin box, very nostagic, nice and compact for storage and carrying around. Personally I don't like tube balms. I am a loyal bistex (the round plastic packaging) user. I got thisbecause of it's all natural and simple ingredients. I also like the minty feel, although it wears off rather quickly. I'm in Canada and right now it's December so the consistency is a bit hard due to the cold temperature. I have to "scrape" to get a good amount. It's not as moisturizing as Blistex, but I like it nonetheless. Would love to know how it will perform on a freezing cold winter day and I am in need of some serious chapped lip relief.

on 12/7/2009 3:13:00 AM

I must have gotten lucky with a tin that is easy to open. I'm on a natural lip balm hunt, so I decided to finally give this product a try. I love the peppermint oil in the balm. It tingles when I first put it on, and I could still feel that cooling sensation well after applying it. I also love the way the pepperment oil opened up my nostrils. I was shocked by that. The scent makes my breath feel fresh. You can smell it feets away from the person who's wearing it. I had to take a lippie away because of the texture. It's hard to get out the pot, but once you get beneath the surface of the balm, it seems to be a little easier to get out. I noticed that with a lot of beeswax based balms. The lip balm is a little too waxy on my lips, and because of that I will not repurchase this again. Next time I will try this in the stick form.

Popular Lip Treatments