Smashbox High Definition Concealer

3.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane , PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Propanediol, Polysilicone-11, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Decyl Glucoside, Dimethicone, Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate , Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Silica, Methicone, Ribose, Soy Isoflavones, Lecithin, Polysorbate 80, Alcohol, Angelica Archangelica Root Extract, Caffeine, Sodium Salicylate, Lysolecithin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Aspartame, Soybean Germ Extract, Coleus Forskohlii Root Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 11/7/2012 1:52:00 PM

not good with coverage, its too thin and runny, expensive.

on 10/10/2012 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

While this product isn't completely awful, it's not super fantastic either. The coloring on the shade for fair skin is definitely for more yellow-toned skin. It's great for brightening the under eye area because it's so...well, bright. But it doesn't have much staying power and is too light/thin of a formula to cover up any acne I might have at the time.
I said "yes" that I would repurchase this product but that's more of a "maybe'. I got it in the complexion perfection kit and may just buy a shade that matches my skin tone more to see if it makes any difference.

on 10/10/2012 12:46:00 PM

I needed a concealer for my purple, tired-looking eyes and the makeup artist at Sephora quickly suggested this. Luckily they'd run out of my shade, because this concealer is so not worth the price. The fair shade is yellow, and it settled into the lines around my eyes making me look 10 years older. It's also weirdly thick and powdery for a liquid concealer. Not impressed.

on 9/24/2012 9:48:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This stuff sucks. It doesn't cover my dark circles and it separates in the tube. Way too expensive for what it is.

I've been using for a week now, and really like this concealer a lot. I have fair, delicate, sensitive skin, adult acne, redness, dark circles, and oily T-zone and eyelids. This stuff goes on smoothly and blends very well with my finger or concealer brush. I prime with Photo Finish Light primer, then conceal with Fair/Light HD, and set with my BareMinerals foundation (Fairly/Light). This combo covers all my problems, looks flawless, and does a great job through the whole workday. I have a few small wrinkles, and it doesn't seem to crease. Even my eye makeup has stayed put over it. The only issue is, you have to work fast when you apply, and get it nicely blended before it dries, or it will cake. However, that property lends itself to buildable coverage if you need it. I love the color match to my skin - no more freaky orange concealer! Also, use a good cleanser to dissolve all this makeup off, to prevent further breakouts.
Can't wait to see how this stuff holds up to the tropical Houston climate this summer!

on 9/22/2012 10:32:00 PM

This is the 2nd concealer I buy from Smashbox...the first one being one that was some sort of stick (absolutely terribly concealer)..this one however i must say, pleasantly surprised me..prior to using this concealer,
i was using Nude by Dior..huge fan of Dior products, however as I said earlier, this concealer is pretty good. Better than any I have tried before (Dior, Mac and Lancome). This concealer is not only cheaper than the other ones, but it also has a lighter texture (those looking for heavy coverage, this isnt for you). Pros: $22 for a small tube( wish the tube was a tad bigger, but I mean, if it can last me up to 4 months im good). The texture is very light so it doesnt feel heavy nor look cakey nor does it crease into the fine lines. Very natural finish and looking. Cons: tube is quite small :( and just dont find the packaging practical at all.

on 9/13/2012 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This product doesn't cover much. I have acne and darkening due to acne. This does nothing for it and considering the price, I was hoping it would cover up more.

One good thing about it is that it matched my skin perfectly and doesn't turn orange.

Will not repurchase.

For the price, there are MUCH better concealers out there. I just don't care for this product. It doesn't cover much.

on 8/10/2012 1:02:00 PM

Medium Tan Asian, yellow undertones
Mac Foundation Shade NC35, C4
Combination Skin, oily at t-zone & dry at cheeks

I have this product in the shade medium, and it goes well on my under eyes when applied lightly, as it tends to brighten up my skin a tiny little bit. This concealer has quite a coverage, and works well on blemishes too, but since I have quite clean skin, I tend to only use it on my redness and under eyes, where it works very well. Nothing much more to say about this product. It covers well, has nice yellow undertones for Asian skins, has nice packaging that allows me to control the amount to use. But then again, being smashbox, it does come to me as a bit expensive, but the product is so totally worth the buy!

on 8/8/2012 10:36:00 PM

Let me put it this way.
It does cover either light pink to pink, or darkcircle
It does not cover red pimple, scars (NOT AT ALL),