October 22, 2014 | 1289 users online

Concealers - Smashbox - High Definition Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Pattycakesquare

I've been using for a week now, and really like this concealer a lot. I have fair, delicate, sensitive skin, adult acne, redness, dark circles, and oily T-zone and eyelids. This stuff goes on smoothly and blends very well with my finger or concealer brush. I prime with Photo Finish Light primer, then conceal with Fair/Light HD, and set with my BareMinerals foundation (Fairly/Light). This combo covers all my problems, looks flawless, and does a great job through the whole workday. I have a few small wrinkles, and it doesn't seem to crease. Even my eye makeup has stayed put over it. The only issue is, you have to work fast when you apply, and get it nicely blended before it dries, or it will cake. However, that property lends itself to buildable coverage if you need it. I love the color match to my skin - no more freaky orange concealer! Also, use a good cleanser to dissolve all this makeup off, to prevent further breakouts.
Can't wait to see how this stuff holds up to the tropical Houston climate this summer!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Ninasa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the 2nd concealer I buy from Smashbox...the first one being one that was some sort of stick (absolutely terribly concealer)..this one however i must say, pleasantly surprised me..prior to using this concealer,
i was using Nude by Dior..huge fan of Dior products, however as I said earlier, this concealer is pretty good. Better than any I have tried before (Dior, Mac and Lancome). This concealer is not only cheaper than the other ones, but it also has a lighter texture (those looking for heavy coverage, this isnt for you). Pros: $22 for a small tube( wish the tube was a tad bigger, but I mean, if it can last me up to 4 months im good). The texture is very light so it doesnt feel heavy nor look cakey nor does it crease into the fine lines. Very natural finish and looking. Cons: tube is quite small :( and just dont find the packaging practical at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by chazieurbie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product doesn't cover much. I have acne and darkening due to acne. This does nothing for it and considering the price, I was hoping it would cover up more.

One good thing about it is that it matched my skin perfectly and doesn't turn orange.

Will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by marissaclaire

For the price, there are MUCH better concealers out there. I just don't care for this product. It doesn't cover much.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by shycho

Medium Tan Asian, yellow undertones
Mac Foundation Shade NC35, C4
Combination Skin, oily at t-zone & dry at cheeks

I have this product in the shade medium, and it goes well on my under eyes when applied lightly, as it tends to brighten up my skin a tiny little bit. This concealer has quite a coverage, and works well on blemishes too, but since I have quite clean skin, I tend to only use it on my redness and under eyes, where it works very well. Nothing much more to say about this product. It covers well, has nice yellow undertones for Asian skins, has nice packaging that allows me to control the amount to use. But then again, being smashbox, it does come to me as a bit expensive, but the product is so totally worth the buy!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by 0mgitsalice

Let me put it this way.
It does cover either light pink to pink, or darkcircle
It does not cover red pimple, scars (NOT AT ALL),

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by crystelle07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this concealer about 6 months and waited to finish the bottle before writing my review. As mostly all Smashbox cosmetics are a little pricey but you get what you pay for- a good concealer. i don;t always have dark circles but sometimes when I stay up late, you can definitely tell on my face. This concealer has about medium-full coverage, although, I don't think it is "HD" I can't tell in pictures. It's not a thick concealer so it doesn't feel heavy on my face. I usually get a very small drop and that's enough for both eyes. It goes on smoothly and evenly. I recently tried NYX's HD Concealer and it works just as good for 1/3 of the price, you also get more product. I would repurchase Smashbox if either it was on sale or if it came in a bigger tube.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a pretty good concealer. I'd call it medium to full coverage. I took off one lipstick for the packaging, because I'd prefer a wand or a brush, but I just squeeze a bit onto the back of my hand. I dot it where I want it on my face and blend it out with a concealer brush. It blends nicely and doesn't accentuate any dry areas, or crease or collect in lines. I find that it covers well what I need it to, but I don't have any really dark circles or extreme redness. It's supposed to have a slight light reflecting quality but I don't notice that too much. It helps reduce the look of the pores on my nose a bit. It does stay put for a long time-it keeps up with my 10-12 hour days at work with no problems. I am very fair with a neutral-cool skin tone, and I use the shade fair, and it's an excellent match. I'm pretty sure I would buy it again, but I don't really care for the packaging. It's a bit expensive but a little really goes a long way!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by nour1985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Honestly, this product did not work AT ALL with me. I have very bad dark circles...that I have to wear a corrector then a concealer...someone at Macy's recommended this product to me and it worked well when she put it on me...but when I went home and tried the product myself, the texture is very thin and watery....it does not conceal and it does not even last an hour...I would not recommend this product if you have bad dark circles...because it will honestly be a waste of money....I think smashbox is good for their primers but for concealers..not so great!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by kdtown66

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This concealer just doesn't work for me. I found it to be bizarrely thin--not just in its coverage but its consistency. It spreads like a runny liquid. I use it for under my eye area (I have very dark circles) and I found when I blend it it virtually disappears. I've used comparable products from Lancome and Clinique and found them to be of much better quality. I think this might be good for someone looking for a very, very light coverage but in my opinion if you are spending over $20 on a concealer, you are probably looking for more coverage. On a more positive note, the colour selection is great and the product did not irritate my sensitive eye area.