Smashbox High Definition Concealer

3.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane , PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Propanediol, Polysilicone-11, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Decyl Glucoside, Dimethicone, Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate , Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Silica, Methicone, Ribose, Soy Isoflavones, Lecithin, Polysorbate 80, Alcohol, Angelica Archangelica Root Extract, Caffeine, Sodium Salicylate, Lysolecithin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Aspartame, Soybean Germ Extract, Coleus Forskohlii Root Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This concealer is nearly perfect for me. A little product goes a long way, sorta. What I mean is that for my under eyes just a dot will completely " wake up" that area. I wear glasses with transition lenses ( lenses that automatically darken in light) and these lenses can throw shadows giving you circles. This concealer combats that. On the downside I have two dark spots on my face that smashbox doesn't cover no matter how much product I put on. So for waking up areas and for extra color correcting for redness this product is great. If you need extra coverage for more serious discolorations such as acne scars you will need to look elsewhere. Plus at 18.50 at my local Sephora it isn't cheap but then it's Smashbox.

I've been using this for nearly 4 years now. I'm not a huge fan of concealer, as they tend to make me break out, and this one is no exception. It's also a little difficult to spread, exaggerates flaking, and tends to dry out my skin. That said, it's also the only one I've tried that stays on. It doesn't disappear after a couple hours, or wipe off, or sink into my skin. It covers.

I don't know if they are still selling this in tubes (What I currently have is about a year old), but if they do, try to get it in one with a pop-cap. The small tube tends to make things messy, especially since the cap (not a pop-cap, but one that removes completely) doesn't like to stay on. Too many times I would throw this guy into a purse or coat pocket, only later to find smears of concealer all over.

Since I don't need to use it often (mostly for dark circles and the occasional scar), I've stuck with it. However, if I had the money and patience, I'd probably have searched for a better product.

Was suggested this when I stopped into Sephora, looking for a good concealer to cover a few pimples that had sprouted up before my sister's wedding. In the store, it came out of the tube fairly thick and seemed to cover well. However, when I came home to try it out, it separated like others had mentioned, and it turns out that the trial tube must've been old, because this is SUPER watery and barely covers. I was looking for something a little nicer than the Neutrogena stick i have been using for eons, but this isn't it. On the plus side, it matches my skin perfectly. I will be returning this and not purchasing again.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This concealer is just okay for me. It does seperate in the tube so when you first buy it you have to shake it up as best as you can. The first time I tried to squeeze some out all that came out was a watery oily clear liquid. Took a couple of full squeezes to actually get to the concealer.

Much like the smashbox hd foundation, this concealer offers only light coverage but feels heavy going on. Then it seems to disappear completely which would normally be fine. I usually use the MUFE hd lift concealer which also seems to disappear after application, however it's still concealing. I can't say the same for the smashbox as it does seem to offer any concealing properties once it soaks in. I got a small tube of it as part of a kit and once it's gone it's doubtful that I will ever repurchase.

color is good and it doesn't settle in lines too bad but it also doesn't provide much coverage

not good with coverage, its too thin and runny, expensive.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

While this product isn't completely awful, it's not super fantastic either. The coloring on the shade for fair skin is definitely for more yellow-toned skin. It's great for brightening the under eye area because it's so...well, bright. But it doesn't have much staying power and is too light/thin of a formula to cover up any acne I might have at the time.
I said "yes" that I would repurchase this product but that's more of a "maybe'. I got it in the complexion perfection kit and may just buy a shade that matches my skin tone more to see if it makes any difference.

I needed a concealer for my purple, tired-looking eyes and the makeup artist at Sephora quickly suggested this. Luckily they'd run out of my shade, because this concealer is so not worth the price. The fair shade is yellow, and it settled into the lines around my eyes making me look 10 years older. It's also weirdly thick and powdery for a liquid concealer. Not impressed.

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This stuff sucks. It doesn't cover my dark circles and it separates in the tube. Way too expensive for what it is.

I've been using for a week now, and really like this concealer a lot. I have fair, delicate, sensitive skin, adult acne, redness, dark circles, and oily T-zone and eyelids. This stuff goes on smoothly and blends very well with my finger or concealer brush. I prime with Photo Finish Light primer, then conceal with Fair/Light HD, and set with my BareMinerals foundation (Fairly/Light). This combo covers all my problems, looks flawless, and does a great job through the whole workday. I have a few small wrinkles, and it doesn't seem to crease. Even my eye makeup has stayed put over it. The only issue is, you have to work fast when you apply, and get it nicely blended before it dries, or it will cake. However, that property lends itself to buildable coverage if you need it. I love the color match to my skin - no more freaky orange concealer! Also, use a good cleanser to dissolve all this makeup off, to prevent further breakouts.
Can't wait to see how this stuff holds up to the tropical Houston climate this summer!

Top Rated Smashbox Products