Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk UV Foundation SPF20

INGREDIENTS: AQUA/WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ALCOHOL DENAT, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, SQUALANE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TALC, NYLON-12, MALTITOL, LIMONENE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, SORBITOL BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL [MAY CONTAIN: CI 77891, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491, IRON OXIDES]

on 4/11/2012 2:42:00 AM

this foundation looks so natural on my skin on any lights anytime of the day.i do have good skin the only problem is just uneven skin tone and a few blemishes on my cheek nd chin but not that noticeable..perfect coverage and not too heavy on the skin..would definitely buy it again i ran out my 1st bottle!

on 4/2/2012 10:10:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Incredible makeup! I love, love, love this foundation! I use it with the GA loose powder for all-day staying power!

PROS:
1. Flawless coverage
2. Semi-matte finish
3. Perfect color match

CONS:
1. Pricey

on 3/29/2012 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I first tried out the giorgio armani Luminous Silk Foundation. I really liked that foundation but I felt like I was producing a lot of oils on my face which is why the foundation is called Luminous. it's suppose to bring out the natural oils and make you glow but I prefer a semi matte look. I went back to the Make Counter and asked for something that doesn't make me oil up too much and so the MA directed me to this foundation. It's pretty light and the consistancy is very watery and not like the Luminous Silk. The Luminous Silk has a thicker constancy and I believe it has more coverage than the Lasting Silk. Another difference is this foundation has SPF and the Luminous Silk does not. I do like this foundation but it is pricey for a foundation. My boyfriend is a geek and does not care for makeup but when he saw my face he actually complimented on my face and really it's 'cause of this foundation. It gives a nice natural look and it feels very light even after you put 2 coats on your face. The Lasting Silk colors are a lot lighter than the Luminous Silk. I was a 5.5 in the Luminous silk but for the Lasting silk I'm a 6 or a 6.5. I do recommend this foundation but I prefer you get a sample and see for yourself! Everyone's skin is different but this foundation suits me pretty well! (:

on 3/28/2012 12:06:00 AM

Amazing HG foundation for me! I've been using Armani Lasting Silk in shade #2 for about 2 years or so now and I don't know what I would ever do if it were discontinued. First of all, the shade matches my skin perfectly and does a great job giving that "porcelain doll" effect by helping to tone down redness and give the skin a soft glow. The foundation stays on all day until I remove it at night and feels very comfortable on my skin. I rarely ever need any touch ups with powder when I wear this foundation and I have combination (sometimes oily) skin. This product hasn't caused me any breakouts and it contains SPF 20. It is on the pricey side, at about $59 per bottle. I usually buy about 2 bottles per year when Armani has their Friends and Family discount when you can get 20% off. It does last a long time as you really don't need a lot of product to achieve adequate coverage because it spreads and blends very easily. The glass pump bottle is nice and sanitary, which is a plus. I will continue to repurchase this product as long as it's still available.

on 3/1/2012 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I love this foundation!! I have been using full coverage, long lasting foundations for years - Revlon Colorstay. The problem - it was too hard to remove it and wash my brushes. Sometimes it felt like I had a mask on. So I switched to Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation that was similar as Revlon but lighter wear.. and broke out my skin.
Then I got a sample of GA Lasting Silk UV Foundation (No. 5.5 in winter and in summer. No.5 is actually darker than No.5.5). First of all, its really pricy, USD 62.00.
As its water based, its really strange to apply it - it feels like foundation that is mixed with water. But after all, I love the finish! Its really smooth (not shiny or greesy and not too matte - very natural, can barely see it) and my skin feels "make-up free", it does perfect!
UPDATE: Have been using this for about 3 years now and I love it! Have tried Chanel Vitalumière Aqua Ultra-light skin perfecting foundation and they are THE SAME (I mean - feels the same for me). Only Chanel is cheaper $42. So I would suggest trying Chanel, if you think Armani is too expensive. For me they work the same (I tried Chanel No. Beige 30 and Armani 5.5 each on one side of face for few days and noone could tell a difference). They both feel amazing, but I feel that I am felling in love with Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua. Feels lighter and does not break out my skin. It is also little bit more drying that GA.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I accidentally purchased this one when I actually wanted to purchase Luminous Silk after my friend strongly recommended me to use that one. However, thank goodness I got Lasting Silk! I feel like Luminous Silk makes me super shiny (even though I have dry skin) but Lasting Silk gives me this gorgeous finish and it lasts all day, like literally ALL DAY. I put on my makeup at about 7:15am, and then I go to school at 7:30am and it stays all the way through until I take it off at about 9pm. I use cotton pads soaked with makeup remover and my goodness...when you take it off the color is STILL THERE! I was amazed.

Another plus is because I wanted something that was SHEER, but not as sheer as a tinted moisturizer, BUIDABLE, so I don't have to purchase another heavy coverage foundation, and GOOD FOR DRY SKIN. It didn't dry out my skin at all! YAY!

I can't say this is one of my HGs, but I would say that it's definitely working its way up. I would definitely recommend it, however, the price is SUPER DUPER up there. So if you don't trust yourself in emptying your pockets for a not-so-sure-if-it's-good foundation, then take your time and consider a little more. At least stop by and grab a sample! :)

on 2/3/2012 6:17:00 AM

This is an excellent foundation. I've used many over the years (mostly high and mid end) and so far, this is the best (for me) in terms of colour, texture, effect and wear.
It's a satin/matt finish that gives my skin an airbrushed luminous quality whilst still looking natural - providing the right application method is used. Small buffing motions with a flat top brush (I'm using the Elf flat top powder brush - love it) will give that kind of finish. I have used a Beauty Blender for a more sheer natural finish but it doesn't give you as much of a luminous effect.
Lasting power is pretty good. I have a combination skin and this will last me the length of a working day. I don't tend to powder because it mutes the luminous quality a bit. I don't find that I get too oily during the day - but that's probably just me.
Now girls (and guys), about wear time: for those who have this product sliding off very quickly, check to see what products you are wearing underneath. This is a water based makeup, so any products you wear underneath also need to be water based - including your moisturiser. Water based foundations will slide straight off an oil based moisturiser. So if you want it to last, wear water based or oil free products underneath to get the most out of this foundation.
I have a light asian skin tone so the colour I'm wearing during the winter months is 4.5; it works pretty well for me as this colour has a good clean/pure yellow undertone, which most foundations (high end or otherwise) on the market don't have. Many tend to have an orange or a yellow/red tint and unfortunately, anything with red makes me look like a beetroot face :o. In the summer, I am a little bit darker, though I do try to stay out of the sun and always wear a separate sun block underneath (and a hat) - NZ sun is strong regardless of the time of year. The down side of this colour range for me is that as you go darker in the yellow base (colours ending in .5), the colours tend to have more red pigment in them. I mix 4.5 with 5.5 for the summer which is acceptable but not ideal.
I do also wish though, that they left out the SPF altogether because realistically, SPF 20 isn't enough on its own - particularly if you are wearing a sheer layer. You do need more protection than that, so using a separate sunscreen underneath during the day is advisable (btw see dermtv.com for some great skincare advice). Also, if you wanted to wear this out at night (and get photographed) you will likely get scary ghost face photos. It would be good at least to have the option of SPF or SPFless in the one bottle.
Bottom line: if you can find the right shade, go buy it. Make sure you prep your skin properly with moisture (of the right kind) to get a great airbrushed luminous (but natural) finish.

on 1/18/2012 1:21:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Overall, I'm a bit underwhelmed by the product. It's not bad, but it's not "wow" either. Perhaps it's the wrong formulation for my skin type. I find the best way to apply it is to use a small amount (1-1.5 pumps) and use a blending brush to buff it in well. Any more and it feels like a mask. I also tend to mix it with Mac face and body, which kind of defeats the purpose, as the 2 have totally different finishes. I do like that it has spf, but it seems a bit pointless if i'm only using such a thin layer

Coverage: medium-full to full (estee lauder double wear has fuller coverage, but i find even with the small amount I use, my freckles are quite muted)..
Finish: Velvety matte
Staying power: lasts 6-8 hours on me with powdering my T-zone or wearing primer
Colour: I think it might oxidise a bit. I was in between colours so got the lighter one, as I can just apply bronzer. But it seems to suit me fine without bronzer, even though it goes on a tad pale. I'm a NC15-NC20 for reference, and got this in colour #4.
Adverse effects: none. I did break out initially, but I wasn't removing it properly. There is a light fragrance which may be irritating to some. I didn't find it particularly irritating, but neither was it particularly pleasant.
Packaging: looks sleek and chic. Has a pump. You can kind of control how much comes out by depressing it partially or all the way.
Other: it does pick up on flaky skin. For whatever reason, I found that applying it with a traditional foundation brush made it look "stripy"

The bottom line: It didn't quite suit me, so that's why I won't be repurchasing it. However, it does what it says it will do, so If this is what you're looking for, you'll probably be happy with it

on 9/8/2011 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I got this in the colour #2 which was a good match for my Nc15 skin , I'm very oily and wanted a luminous foundation that lasted on my skin . Unfortunately there was nothing "Lasting" about this foundation. It was coming off my oily skin after an hour. No primer , fixing spray or powder helped. Very disappointed with this foundation

on 8/8/2011 2:34:00 AM

On the hunt for a new, higher end foundation after my previous HG (lancome Adaptive) was discontinued. I use Revlon Colorstay on a day to day basis and love it, but occasionally i get this idea in my head that i can find something better.

Let me start by saying that my skin is pretty good, aside from some dermatitis around my chin (which is a whole other issue). I want a versatile product that will go over sunscreen, or moisturiser, will give me a light, natural coverage for during the day, that i can build to a heavier night time look. I don't particularly like using foundation brushes, but i will if i have to - i much prefer using a damp sponge.

The consultant at David Jones decided i was a 5.5 - looked ok on the back of her hand, but when she applied it, it looked so terribly yellow. I decided to give it a couple of hours, continue with my window shopping and just see what happened. Lo and behold, in every light except for the ridiculously bright white GA counter light, it looked great - very natural and exactly the right tone. I returned, got a sample and have been using it daily since.

On conclusion, i will say that it works best when i use it over a sunscreen (neutrogena healthy defense) during the day, and over MD Formulations antioxident gel and Neutrogena Oil free moisturiser for combination skin - so i guess the moral of the story is SKIN PREP. I don't think this would work well on anyone who had dry skin, but i'm no expert, that's just my feeling.

The finish is lovely, not completely matte, but not shiny - i guess this is what dewy finish looks like. My boyfriend (who says he prefers me barefaced, WTF??) thinks it looks more natural than 'what you usually use' but i'm not advocating anyone rush out and buy it based on that endorsment.

It last well through the course of an 8 hour work day, i don't get any oxidisation and it feels quite comfortable on my skin. I don't think this quite matches up the results i got with Lancome, but it's an acceptable substitute.