August 29, 2014 | 1954 users online

Eye Primer - Smashbox - Photo Finish Lid Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Kate1488

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Come on girls ! This is a great primer. Even if you dont put on eyeshadow, it evens out the color of your eye lids and makes you look younger. Works well under eyes as well. The product does what it says it will do... extends the life of powders and eyeliners. Would repurchase for sure.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2012 2:28:00 AM More reviews by Cailee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Not that great. Got it in a mini-size, and the texture is so dry, and the finish is extremely chalky. What's even worse is that it's at least three shades darker than my skintone. It's a warm yellowed beige, and I have fair, cool toned skin. Hmmm, doesn't sound right, does it? I find it preposterous that they only sell this in one color (which they call 'universal'). You've got to be joking. It's not sheer, either. It's quite opaque. And this is even worse than UDPP in terms of blendability of shadows over the primer. The texture of this is so stiff and tacky, that my shadows....will...not...BLEND! And by the end of the day, they've turned into a faded, creased, muddy mess anyway. It's like I hadn't even used a primer. Do not recommend. May work for medium-toned gals with oily lids, but that really narrows it down in the market for this primer. No wonder it's not popular.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2012 9:27:00 AM More reviews by TheUnforgiven

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This primer is crappy. I'm glad I didn't purchase it with full prize. I got it from a 'try it kit'.
First... it's way too dark. I'm pale and when I put it on I look like I have mud on my eyelids. I can only use it with darker eye shadows. I also use primer under my lower lashes and this is totally unwearable there.
Second... it's very drying. It's hard to apply because of the dryness.
Third... the biggest reason why this product fails so badly is that it doesn't prevent my eye shadow creasing. That's the only reason I wear eye primer and if a primer doesn't do that, it's as good as nothing.
This primer doesn't hold my eye shadow on place even for an hour. Many times I've put on some make up when I go food shopping to my nearby supermarket and when I've gotten back home, I've noticed my eye shadow creasing really badly and every time I've worn this primer.
Even the cheapest primers, like E.L.F, keep my eye shadow from creasing the whole day, but not this one.
It's a crap product in my opinion. Total fail. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by DecayingUrban

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have no idea why everyone hates this product. This is the only eye lid primer I've trusted. It might have a weird consistancy but it does the job of holding eye shadow and really making shadows reach their full potential.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by juillet4paris

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

MY HG for eye primers is NARS, but a friend of mine mentioned that this one was great and that I should try it. I'm not a fan of the chalky looking and feeling texture. Coverage is less than average compared to Nars which goes on colorless and holds up for about 8hrs. So happy that this tube is almost finished !

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by karissajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Completely agree with the reviewer below me. This product dries really quickly, in fact when you open it it's not that smooth and moisturizing to begin with. I have some right now that I received from the Smashbox Try It Kit (which is kind of a miss btw) so thankfully I didn't buy a full bottle of this at full price. l likewise combine this with e.l.f. primer (which is $1) and the two compliment each other very well! e.l.f. is too fluid, and Smashbox is too dry. However, is it worth purchasing this product to then combine it with another product? Absolutely not in my opinion. However if you already have this eyelid primer, then yes purchase the elf primer at $1 to be able to utilize this and not waste it.
My order for Urban Decay primer potion is coming in a couple days so I'm thrilled to try that next.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by alldaygirl

=( buy Urban decay instead. On par w/ ELF eye primer. Dries out very quickly. Better than nothing, but not by a whole lot.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaMidwife

This is just an average primer and it does an average job. I think you can get just as effective of an eye primer for a lot less money.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2012 9:13:00 AM More reviews by troubleinlipstick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by vhgalita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Inconsistent, or rather I suppose it depends on what shadows you're using for this primer. I've actually had no problem with using this under my mineral shadows, but I tried it with a MUFE pressed shadow (without using a base shadow) and it creased like you wouldn't believe. Maybe the mineral shadows absorbed oils that the MUFE shadow couldn't absorb for shit, but it creased regardless.

I won't buy this again since I have UDPP coming in the mail. If you have the Smashbox primer I say try it with a mineral shadow (if you have one) and see if it creases or not because again, I only had problems with pressed shadows over this primer.