Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer

3.2

Isododecane, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Beeswax, Silica, Boron Nitride, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Talc, Microcrystalline Wax, Propylene Carbonate, Cetyl PEG/PPG10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-12 Glyceryl DiMyristate, Water, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Betaine, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Tremella Fuciformis Sporocarp Extract. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron oxide

Just like the smashbox mascaras this product does not irritate my very allergy prone, sensitive eyes. I've tried soooo many products and as long as they don't change the formula I am a fan for life. I also like that the consistency of this primer is thick which makes it stay longer, apply evenly, and makes shadow last liner without creasing. It's color also makes for a great concealer. I could do without the wand, but tubes tend to dry out so quick ill deal. Thank you smashbox for creating a product that I feel is worth the price. So happy!

on 3/25/2013 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is the first eyelid primer i've tried, and overall it is a decent eye primer. I have oily lids and my eyeliner and eyeshadow always seems to ware off without any primer. Since i've started using this product i notice my eyeshadow and eyeliner staying longer, I like this primer becuase my eyeshadow tends to stick right when it's put on, on the other hand blending does take a little longer but thats okay becuase the end result is still great. I do recomend this primer!

on 3/16/2013 5:01:00 PM

I got this in a swap and so far I'm not happy with this product. It's creamy and similar texture like smashboxes other face primers. It stays on well with my eyeshadows. Tip is only use a toothpick dot size because it's your eyes, not face. It works well with Smashbox products, obviously, especially shadows.

on 1/15/2013 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very suprised at how good this is. I've used UD Primer Potion and MAC paint pots as bases. Both are decent. This blows them away. My shadows pop, stay on and stay true. No creasing. And even worn alone, it makes my eye area look "clean".

on 1/13/2013 9:56:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have several eyeshadow primers and each one has a different purpose.

When I want to brighten my eye and wear little or no eyeshadow, this is my go-to primer. It does a great job at evening out my eyelid tone and, because the color suits my particular skin tone (N15-20, slightly warm undertone), I could stop my eye makeup routine here and head out for the day with eyes that look bright and well rested.

When I wear eyeshadow over this primer the color of the shadow held without creasing for the full day. I did not find the full-size tube to have a "dry" consistency. I have had no issue with dryness of my eyelid from wearing this primer.

For those of you that want a more opaque primer I suggest MAC paint pots. These little gems are pots of color "shadows" that come in a variety of shades. If you have fair to medium skin with cool undertones you may want to look at the shade "Painterly." If you have fair to medium skin with warmer undertones "Soft Ochre" might be your color. This product really gives your lids an opaque base and all of your eyeshadow colors will be much more intense.

on 12/28/2012 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I got this in a kit as well, and glancing at the reviews below, it appears that most who got the GWP do not like it. Perhaps there's an issue with the mini version.

I will chime in to concur that yes, this dries out really quickly and is chalky and impossible to spread over the eyelid. Am also in the camp for whom the shade is too dark. Disappointing.

on 11/19/2012 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've tried tart, mac, urban decay and lancome lid primers. I return to smashbox (3rd time now) because it works, it's easy to apply, and it's convenientfor me to purchase. My eyecolor stays put around 8 hours with this stuff, and I often use cheaper products like loreal or nyx shadows.

There is nothing really amazing to say about this stuff though. It works well enough to where I forget it exists most of the time, outside of that brief 60 seconds it takes me to apply it. What more could you ask of a lid primer, I guess.

on 9/27/2012 4:54:00 PM

This lid primer works perfectly on me. I have fair/medium olive skin, and my eyelids are a sallow grey. This primer evens the skin tones on my lids and makes me look more awake. It is a yellow-based tone, which I imagine would look strange on someone who has cool/pink/purplish/blue undertones. For fair to dark skin with warmer undertones, it is absolutely perfect. I have tried Urban Decay and MUFE lid primers, and they do not compare in any way to this one.

The packaging on this primer is particularly great. The doe foot applicator is the perfect way to get the product onto lids.

My only complaint would be the high price per ounce of this product. It is ridiculously expensive. I wish Smashbox would make it in a jumbo size at a value price. That would solve the value problem for me.

on 7/15/2012 6:35:00 PM

Come on girls ! This is a great primer. Even if you dont put on eyeshadow, it evens out the color of your eye lids and makes you look younger. Works well under eyes as well. The product does what it says it will do... extends the life of powders and eyeliners. Would repurchase for sure.

on 6/26/2012 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Not that great. Got it in a mini-size, and the texture is so dry, and the finish is extremely chalky. What's even worse is that it's at least three shades darker than my skintone. It's a warm yellowed beige, and I have fair, cool toned skin. Hmmm, doesn't sound right, does it? I find it preposterous that they only sell this in one color (which they call 'universal'). You've got to be joking. It's not sheer, either. It's quite opaque. And this is even worse than UDPP in terms of blendability of shadows over the primer. The texture of this is so stiff and tacky, that my shadows....will...not...BLEND! And by the end of the day, they've turned into a faded, creased, muddy mess anyway. It's like I hadn't even used a primer. Do not recommend. May work for medium-toned gals with oily lids, but that really narrows it down in the market for this primer. No wonder it's not popular.

Video Reviews & Tutorials