Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer

3.2

Isododecane, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Beeswax, Silica, Boron Nitride, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Talc, Microcrystalline Wax, Propylene Carbonate, Cetyl PEG/PPG10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-12 Glyceryl DiMyristate, Water, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Betaine, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Tremella Fuciformis Sporocarp Extract. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron oxide

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've also got the Estee Lauder Eyeshadow Base, but I still think Smashbox is far the best. It does what it does, doesn't crease at all esp.when you have to wear eye make-up for 12 hours. I can't do make-up without this product because my eye lids get oily easily and it doesn't help when I put eye make-up without the primer. So yeah, will definitely stick to this product for as along as I can and I hope they won't discontinue this in the future.

My review is for the hydrating under eye primer from smash box. This stuff is GREAT for priming a dry under eye area! Concealer glides on over this stuff, and it keeps them from settling too much. Just be careful, only use a little bit and let it set for about 5 minutes before applying concealer. It is hydrating for me, and really is a must have in my collection. The price is a little steep for a primer, but honestly, it prevents so many concealer issues that I would pay 2x the amount. LOVE!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I was disappointed with this product. I was so excited to use it, my first eyeshadow primer. It was given to me in a sample size. Packaging was excellent and appealing--it was a wand type. But the product was too dry and difficult to blend. I wanted to use it as a preventative for my eyeliner to spread--in just an hour or two, my very oily lids already have two lines of eyeliner lol.

Just like the smashbox mascaras this product does not irritate my very allergy prone, sensitive eyes. I've tried soooo many products and as long as they don't change the formula I am a fan for life. I also like that the consistency of this primer is thick which makes it stay longer, apply evenly, and makes shadow last liner without creasing. It's color also makes for a great concealer. I could do without the wand, but tubes tend to dry out so quick ill deal. Thank you smashbox for creating a product that I feel is worth the price. So happy!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is the first eyelid primer i've tried, and overall it is a decent eye primer. I have oily lids and my eyeliner and eyeshadow always seems to ware off without any primer. Since i've started using this product i notice my eyeshadow and eyeliner staying longer, I like this primer becuase my eyeshadow tends to stick right when it's put on, on the other hand blending does take a little longer but thats okay becuase the end result is still great. I do recomend this primer!

I got this in a swap and so far I'm not happy with this product. It's creamy and similar texture like smashboxes other face primers. It stays on well with my eyeshadows. Tip is only use a toothpick dot size because it's your eyes, not face. It works well with Smashbox products, obviously, especially shadows.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very suprised at how good this is. I've used UD Primer Potion and MAC paint pots as bases. Both are decent. This blows them away. My shadows pop, stay on and stay true. No creasing. And even worn alone, it makes my eye area look "clean".

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have several eyeshadow primers and each one has a different purpose.

When I want to brighten my eye and wear little or no eyeshadow, this is my go-to primer. It does a great job at evening out my eyelid tone and, because the color suits my particular skin tone (N15-20, slightly warm undertone), I could stop my eye makeup routine here and head out for the day with eyes that look bright and well rested.

When I wear eyeshadow over this primer the color of the shadow held without creasing for the full day. I did not find the full-size tube to have a "dry" consistency. I have had no issue with dryness of my eyelid from wearing this primer.

For those of you that want a more opaque primer I suggest MAC paint pots. These little gems are pots of color "shadows" that come in a variety of shades. If you have fair to medium skin with cool undertones you may want to look at the shade "Painterly." If you have fair to medium skin with warmer undertones "Soft Ochre" might be your color. This product really gives your lids an opaque base and all of your eyeshadow colors will be much more intense.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I got this in a kit as well, and glancing at the reviews below, it appears that most who got the GWP do not like it. Perhaps there's an issue with the mini version.

I will chime in to concur that yes, this dries out really quickly and is chalky and impossible to spread over the eyelid. Am also in the camp for whom the shade is too dark. Disappointing.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've tried tart, mac, urban decay and lancome lid primers. I return to smashbox (3rd time now) because it works, it's easy to apply, and it's convenientfor me to purchase. My eyecolor stays put around 8 hours with this stuff, and I often use cheaper products like loreal or nyx shadows.

There is nothing really amazing to say about this stuff though. It works well enough to where I forget it exists most of the time, outside of that brief 60 seconds it takes me to apply it. What more could you ask of a lid primer, I guess.

Video Reviews & Tutorials