E.L.F. Eyebrow Kit

4.3

Brow Gel Ingredient:Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil) , Ricinus Comunis (Castor) Seed Oil , Talc , Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax , Ozokerite , Methylisothiazolinone , Caprylyl glycol May Contain:Iron Oxides(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499) , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Brow Powder Ingredient:Talc , Mica , Caprylic/Caprictriglycerides , Hydrogenated Polyisobutene , Sodium Dehydroacetate May Contain: Iron Oxide(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Oh my gosh....ok well first I have to say I'm really not a person who needs eyebrow stuff. I have thick black natural brows but everyone said to try filling them anyway so I did and I liked how a light filling at the arch made them look polished but still natural. However, even though mine are basically black, I use a medium to dark brown filler since I reaaaalllly don't like the harsh thick(er) black look on me. I already have very harsh features so I like the softer look of a mid brown and it blends in well anyway.

SO what does that have to do with this kit? Well I was using an eyeshadow powder (Cover Girl Brown Smolder, sometimes Too Faced Tiple Fudge from the Chocolate Bar which is darker, for reference) and figured why not toss this into my E.l.f. haul? Maybe a gel would help tame the wildness of some of my hairs as well. I chose Dark since I have dark brows and because it looked so much like the medium kit and I could play with the powder too. Plus the shadows I was using were sort of darkish brown.

Well the packaging is cute, I love E.l.f.'s packages. I don't like the brush so much, it's reaaallly small and the powder side is too frayed out and the gel side of the brush is reaaallly tiny. I acutally was using an E.l.f. shadow/liner brush that came with a small shadow pot. It's not full size, just slightly longer and bigger but still flat. I'm sure many people would prefer a full sized brush regardless. I also like that the case is great for traveling including the brush which is convenient to save space even if you don't use it on the daily. Personally, I'd just bring my pencil since I need so little coverage but for serious brow people I would say this is perfect for your purse or travel.

The issue for me is the color. It's just soooo dark on me!! I think I just look too brooding and angry lol. I can't fault the product for that though, since a lot of people like a darker brow. I just can't see myself using it often. I tried to go lighter handed but it's still really harsh on me. But I can't say it lacks pigment. It definitely does not. The powder also looks super light but it's not, it's deceptively darker. I like the powder and might even use that on it's own. So for that I wish I had gotten Medium, but I can't see myself getting another one now that I have this and so many others I can use, especially since I just use so little.

I like the gel too I just don't like a very sharp line around my brows (just personal preference, I know I'm the minority there). So I just try to lightly stipple some inside.

But bottom line, Dark is dark. So if you want a dark brow, I would recommend this, if you wanted a more soft or natural look or aren't as naturally dark, try medium or just a powder.

Update: the more I use this, the more I like it! I notice I reach for just the powder side more to give a softer and slightly lighter look.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wanted to love this - the packaging is so convenient. I bought the "blonde" hoping that it would be a taupe-ish color since I prefer a neutral/cool toned light brown however this was VERY warm toned, almost reddish. Bummer :(

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I loved this initially, since it was the first eyebrow product that worked for me. I have this one in Light, and it give me very minimal, natural brows. As I moved onto other products, this just doesn't satisfy me the same way any more, now that I prefer a heavy dark brows that it can't provide. However, the wax in this is really good at holding brow hair in place, and what's more, it's great as a base for other brow products to layer on top! I just can't find a better cool toned brown shade, the staying power is amazing, since it;s quite a thick wax. When patiently layered well, my brows can go from nearly invisible to Cara Delevingne, I'm not kidding. However, as it got colder in the winter and the wax hardens, it's become near impossible to use. I have to rub my finger in for quite a while to warm it up and put that directly onto my brows. Since I just use it as a base nowadays, it's fine for me like that. But with such a hassle, I don't think I'll repurchase it again, unless in the darkest shade.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Cheap, good quality, great for just beginning to fill out your brows. I only used the gel half and not the powder, so I switched to a brow pencil instead of a kit and like that much better, but I already have fairly dark, thick brows, so I only need definition.

This product is HUGE NO when used alone. If you're somebody with dark hair but thin brows and want that full/thick/bold brows this is NOT the product for you. When used, the gel side is almost unnoticeable. I use the medium shade and the powder side is way too light. I use this product(the gel side) to set my brows after I fill them in and to fill in little parts of my brows that I've missed. For what this product claims it doesn't do the job. Maybe for someone who has nice full/long/thick eyebrows, this product could be for you. But for someone with thin/light brows just no. Another con is that if you have super oily skin DO NOT buy this product...your brows will look extremely shiny (especially in pictures)

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is amazing. The wax fills in the gap in my brows from a childhood scar better than anything i have tried. The powder is perfect and works as an eyeshadow too. This often lasts through entire workouts especially if set with a gel

This is a great product ESPECIALLY for the price!! $3?? you can't beat that and it lasts FOREVER. I honestly can not tell much difference between the medium and dark kits. I have both and the difference is barely discernible. Medium might be a "smidge" cooler in tone.

The winner in this duo is the colored wax. I love that it's a dark color. Most products out there have a clear colored wax. With this colored wax, I don't even need to use the powder!!! I wish the powder color in this kit was darker. It's far too light for my brows. But aside from that, I love this product. Lasts all day on me without any smudging or fading.

Oh and the package is really nice and sleek as well.

Definitely would repurchase. I go back and forth between the NYX eyebrow kit and this ELF one. I love the wax in the ELF more but I prefer the powder colors/payoff in the NYX one.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like it! I apply it around 7am, and when I get back from school around 6pm the tint in my brows is still there (even in this 88 degree mildly humid weather). It's just a little less noticeable, especially since I have very oily skin so it does slide off. The gel itself is super buttery, almost greasy, so you HAVE to use the powder to set it. It's my first eyebrow kit and while I do want to try out others, I can see myself coming back to it if I really need something.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This lasted me for almost 2 years up until last month when I lost it lol. Great for a beginner.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This product is amazing. I only use the gel side because the powder is too light for me and i just dont trust powders much but the gel stays put through out the day and especially during these California heat weather. The only bad thing about the product is that with the gel, if you try to put more than one layer, it'll take the bottom out.

Popular Brows Products