November 26, 2014 | 1831 users online

Powder - Cover Girl - Fresh complexion oil control makeup (powder foundation) [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

As per Cover Girl's website, this was replaced by

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2010 8:37:00 PM More reviews by mandycool01

great coverage for a ds powder! however, i couldnt find a color match. im nc20 for reference

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2009 5:20:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is probably the best powder foundation I've tried at the drugstore! The only other powder foundation I love is Bare Escentuals, but I reach for this little blue baby when I want a matte finish rather than the glowy one that my beloved BE gives me. This provides a light to medium coverage, and I apply using a good quality kabuki brush, and it's never cakey...it's matte, yet natural looking. Covers my large pores nicely and controls oil better than most. I am about a NC37 and use either Soft Honey or Classic Tan depending on how tan I am. Great for touchups throughout the day as well, it's nice to have an all in one product like this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by carlybabes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used (and loved) Versace Extra Creamy Compact Foundation in V2003. I was convinced nothing would ever compare to this silky, perfectly medium coverage, and ideal shade for my skin-foundation. However Versace ECCF was $40 for .26 oz. (YIKES!) Took me 5-6 weeks to go through a compact. But I dealt with it because it was perfect. One day, though, I had finished my ECCF and didn't have a backup (WTH- I know!), so I bought this on a whim. While not quite as silky, luxurious, or housed as beautifully, this gave me the same finished product. It's not chalky-matte, it has a bit of glow, but not shimmer (nothing like Bare Escentuals, which was full-on frost on my face). Best of all, the Classic Ivory shade is a good match for my skin (the other problem I have with foundations, especially at the drug store). I have been using this now for at least 5 years and dread the day they discontinue it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2009 11:21:00 PM More reviews by cms937

When i was younger (7th-8th grade) i use to use this all the time. Then i stoped wearing makeup except for the eyes, then i stopped wearing make up completely (i lacked caring about my appearance.) One day on a makeup shopping spear at the drug store (i missed make up) i decided to get this product again. I still love it just as i did when i was younger. The sponge it comes with is awsome when im on the go and i get i little oily and need to get me nose or mid forehead. I don't use this to set my make up i use the covergirl Trublend minerals loose mineral powder, but i use this when im not wearing a liquid foundation and it works. I would buy this again for how cheap it was, and i would recomend using this. I love this prodcut its one of my favorites that i always go back to.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2009 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Kaylaxkaos

This product is awesome. i love to use it when im in a rush and dont have the time to apply and blend liquid foundation or when i want a matte look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2009 7:27:00 PM More reviews by 800256

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my all time favorite drugstore powder foundation. I don't know why I stray and keep buying other more $$ expensive powders when I always come back to this one. It work's good at controlling shine,it covers any minor imperfections I may have well. Best of all I find that I don't breakout when I use this, and also it feels lightweight and not all cakey. I'm NC-25 in MAC and get the Ivory shade in this. I hope they never discontinue this.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2009 3:00:00 AM More reviews by kourtshort

This is an ok powder. Not the best, but it does come with a nice sponge to apply with.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2009 9:09:00 PM More reviews by evolxlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder has a great silky texture and leaves a great finish on the skin. The application and coverage is good whether you use the sponge in the compact or a separate brush. It does a good job of concealing redness and absorbing oil. I've never noticed how long it keeps my skin from appearing shiny, but I usually only have to reapply this powder midday aside from it's original application.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2009 11:15:00 AM More reviews by lapelirroja

Best foundation I have ever used! I have combination skin and always make sure to moisturize first to avoid flaky spots. With a little bit of concealer on my spots plus a dusting of the fresh complexion (i use a powder brush to dust it on) it is perfection! Just touch up with regular powder during the day to keep it fresh looking and it is fabulous. Classic Ivory is a great match for my skin tone and looking at pictures of myself, it's not terribly cakey or noticeable. I hope covergirl never discontinues this product or I will be up the creek!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2009 10:10:00 AM More reviews by megglundrigan

Ew. I used this as a setting powder and the results were pretty gross. It's very very matte and almost looks chalky on my skin. Just not what I'm looking for.