August 21, 2014 | 1807 users online

Mascara - Blinc Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by msdixiemom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG mascara. I' m 51 and had given up hope of ever finding a mascara that didn't.'t leave me with raccoon eyes. This stuff goes on smoothly, and stays put-- even after sleeping in it--which is a no-no but we're all guilty of it occasionally. Unlike typical waterproof mascara, it removes VERY EASILY. I absolutely love it, and will never use any other mascara---- and I have tried them all. I hope they never stop making it.

Update: I recently started using DHC Cleansing Oil ( which I love) I apply to dry skin and massage gently-- it removes my makeup like a dream-- EXCEPT-- my Blinc mascara-- it will not budge even with all that oil on my lashes-- until I add warm water and wipe. Then off it comes like magic. Can you believe it? I have NEVER seen a mascara that doesn't come off with oil. Amazing .

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by hiiixox3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this mascara in green a few years ago. I loved the idea of tubing my lashes to make them more noticeable, as opposed to painting them and making my lashes heavy. I am sensitive to most mascaras, so if I find one that works, I usually stick to it. I loved that green mascara, however, the mascara has a 6 month expiration date (which is quite a while for a mascara). The problem with the green one I had is, I am sure I got an old mascara because after about a month and a half later, it smelled absolutely rancid and I had to throw it out. I did purchase it on a sale and it was completely seals, so I'm not entirely sure why it went so bad so quick.

Anyway, just 2 weeks ago, I was at Sephora and reached 100 points, so I picked up this in black in a deluxe sample size. I figured I'll try it again and see how I feel about it. So far things are going great. Even though it's not green, I love the black one for everyday uses. I love how it doesn't smudge or make my eyes water. I love how it doesn't make my lashes feel stiff or sticky. The purpose of this mascara is to make them noticeable... not volumize them or lengthen them really. I do notice that for my lashes, they lengthen a little. I curl my lashes and apply one coat of this (for everyday use) and it stays clump free, smudge free, comfortable, and it holds my curl all day. I'll see how this sample size goes for the month. Hoping that the mascara works well because I really do enjoy using this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by chicklet846

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This mascara is essential for people with sensitive eyes, those who are prone to smudging, and people who work long hours like I do. I would also recommend this mascara if you are going swimming or to an event that might cause some tears! I work 12 hour night shifts and so far this is the only mascara I've used where I don't have to worry if it's smudging or flaking. I don't exactly have a lot of time to check in the mirror while I'm working, and with this mascara I don't have to worry about it. The tubes don't budge from my eyelashes until I am ready to wash it off. And most importantly, I no longer have redness or irritation under my eyes from removing mascara every day!! The little tubes slide off my eyelashes with a little warm water and pressure, and no trace of mascara is left over. No need to use harsh eye makeup removers, and no more waking up with raccoon eyes from leftover mascara!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by PorcelainDream

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is currently my HG mascara. However the price is pretty damn steep ($27) - so if any of you have any other tubing mascara recs I should try...please let me know via PM. :)

This is the first mascara I have ever tried that won't smudge on my super oily eyelids. That is (sadly) why it's my holy grail. It gives *decent* length & volume, nothing spectacular. The only con I can really think of is you can't layer this foundation. It dries quickly.

Now....let me give y'all a tip. The first time I used this mascara, I tried using make up remover to get it off. Haha. I applied cleansing oil, then went to yank off the tubes. BAD IDEA. I removed 10+ lashes from my left eye & learned a valuable lesson..........it only takes warm water. Removing this stuff is actually sort of fun!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by ruthyeh910

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I naturally have lashes that go down and a really wet mascara doesn't help. After I curled my lashes and applied this mascara it seemed as if I haven't even curled my lashes which I find happens with only non-waterproof macaras. It definetly lengthens though, but makes them really stiff. It didn't smear and smudge too. The weird thing is that when I washed it off it was a clump of black stuff and in it looked like a bunch of lashes. I don't know if it was my lashes or that the product just has stuff that look like lashes in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by susismiles

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Finally -- a mascara that does not melt or smear! And it washes off with warm water!

I can finally get through a day without mascara melting into my undereye concealer. I can take a mascara off without removers that irritate my sensitive eyes. I can go out in public and be glam without worry!

Here's the downside: it's one wet mascara. Use utmost care, and have a cotton swab at hand to remote the (almost inevitable) little dabs the awkward brush can trace onto your lids.

Taking that into account, Blinc is my HG mascara. Long live Blinc!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Roby

Blinc Amplified Mascara...in Brown.
I have blonde lashes & this is my usual mascara application. Curl lashes wait a few minutes (3-5min) then apply mascara. As soon as I applied the Blinc I saw my lashes collapse! I continued to apply & saw no volume at all . Also missing was any length.
Contrary to what the pkg literature says this is not buildable. You wind up with clumps & at the end of the day flakies too; but no raccoon eyes (lol). The best part about this is the ease of removal & that's about it. This cost $27.00 which was way too much but you live & learn. I will continue to stick with CG lash blast 24hr.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 9:13:00 PM More reviews by windowbird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have finally found my HG mascara. For the past few years, I have tried every mascara imaginable in search of one that does not smudge. No matter what kind I tried, waterproof or not, I would have very large dark smudges under my eyes within a few hours. I was constantly checking my reflection and wiping off my undereye area.

A poster on the Cafe board recommended this, so I went to Sephora and plunked down $26 for this. Crazy expensive for mascara, but since Sephora has such a generous return policy I figured I wouldn't be out anything but a bit of time should it not work for me.

I love it. It honestly does not smudge AT ALL. I have crazy weird work hours and very long days and it holds up perfectly. It is tricky to work with; you have to work quickly and carefully. Once it's set, it's set. Removal is a breeze, just water and gentle pressure removes the tubes. Plus, I don't have to go over my undereye with eye makeup remover to get off any leftover because there is none.

I am a very frugal person, but this mascara is so great that I will not hesitate to fork over $26 again for this little gem!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by camilla8

I agree exactly as the last reviewer, does form tubes and doesn't flake, but did absolutely nothing for my lashes except make them look darker. Got NO volume or fullness at all, in fact probably the worst mascara I've tried in those categories. Wasn't sure what the point was either.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Nomnynom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yea it does form tubes around your lashes, doesn't flake etc. But it really doesn't do much for the lashes. No volume and no lengthening. I just don't see the point.