July 29, 2014 | 1857 users online

Mascara - Blinc Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by PorcelainDream

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is currently my HG mascara. However the price is pretty damn steep ($27) - so if any of you have any other tubing mascara recs I should try...please let me know via PM. :)

This is the first mascara I have ever tried that won't smudge on my super oily eyelids. That is (sadly) why it's my holy grail. It gives *decent* length & volume, nothing spectacular. The only con I can really think of is you can't layer this foundation. It dries quickly.

Now....let me give y'all a tip. The first time I used this mascara, I tried using make up remover to get it off. Haha. I applied cleansing oil, then went to yank off the tubes. BAD IDEA. I removed 10+ lashes from my left eye & learned a valuable lesson..........it only takes warm water. Removing this stuff is actually sort of fun!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by ruthyeh910

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I naturally have lashes that go down and a really wet mascara doesn't help. After I curled my lashes and applied this mascara it seemed as if I haven't even curled my lashes which I find happens with only non-waterproof macaras. It definetly lengthens though, but makes them really stiff. It didn't smear and smudge too. The weird thing is that when I washed it off it was a clump of black stuff and in it looked like a bunch of lashes. I don't know if it was my lashes or that the product just has stuff that look like lashes in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by susismiles

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Finally -- a mascara that does not melt or smear! And it washes off with warm water!

I can finally get through a day without mascara melting into my undereye concealer. I can take a mascara off without removers that irritate my sensitive eyes. I can go out in public and be glam without worry!

Here's the downside: it's one wet mascara. Use utmost care, and have a cotton swab at hand to remote the (almost inevitable) little dabs the awkward brush can trace onto your lids.

Taking that into account, Blinc is my HG mascara. Long live Blinc!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Roby

Blinc Amplified Mascara...in Brown.
I have blonde lashes & this is my usual mascara application. Curl lashes wait a few minutes (3-5min) then apply mascara. As soon as I applied the Blinc I saw my lashes collapse! I continued to apply & saw no volume at all . Also missing was any length.
Contrary to what the pkg literature says this is not buildable. You wind up with clumps & at the end of the day flakies too; but no raccoon eyes (lol). The best part about this is the ease of removal & that's about it. This cost $27.00 which was way too much but you live & learn. I will continue to stick with CG lash blast 24hr.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 9:13:00 PM More reviews by windowbird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have finally found my HG mascara. For the past few years, I have tried every mascara imaginable in search of one that does not smudge. No matter what kind I tried, waterproof or not, I would have very large dark smudges under my eyes within a few hours. I was constantly checking my reflection and wiping off my undereye area.

A poster on the Cafe board recommended this, so I went to Sephora and plunked down $26 for this. Crazy expensive for mascara, but since Sephora has such a generous return policy I figured I wouldn't be out anything but a bit of time should it not work for me.

I love it. It honestly does not smudge AT ALL. I have crazy weird work hours and very long days and it holds up perfectly. It is tricky to work with; you have to work quickly and carefully. Once it's set, it's set. Removal is a breeze, just water and gentle pressure removes the tubes. Plus, I don't have to go over my undereye with eye makeup remover to get off any leftover because there is none.

I am a very frugal person, but this mascara is so great that I will not hesitate to fork over $26 again for this little gem!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by camilla8

I agree exactly as the last reviewer, does form tubes and doesn't flake, but did absolutely nothing for my lashes except make them look darker. Got NO volume or fullness at all, in fact probably the worst mascara I've tried in those categories. Wasn't sure what the point was either.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Nomnynom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yea it does form tubes around your lashes, doesn't flake etc. But it really doesn't do much for the lashes. No volume and no lengthening. I just don't see the point.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by pinkcandii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

PRICE: $20 usd for a tube of mascara is pretty steep, but I wouldn't be able to wear mascara without this

PRODUCT: As a mascara by itself, this is absolutely crap.

But if you have oily eyelids and under eye area, then this is the perfect mascara as a HG topcoat. I always get black smudges under my eyes regardless of seasons due to my oily eye area, even when I am using Kiss Me Heroine mascara. By wearing this mascara at the very last step, it prevents the other mascaras from smudging and can help keep the curl.

Also, this product is a godsend when you are in the tropical environment. In the humid weather of HK, this was the only thing that would stay on when the torrential rain comes out of nowhere. It also stays on very well considering how hot and wet the weather is in HK.

TIP: if wearing as a topcoat to prevent smudging, get it real close to the base and only run the wand to half length. The mascara isn't too heavy but depending on your bottom mascara, bringing the wand all the way to the very tips of eyelash can make them droopy at times.

Note: I have thin Asian lashes that are naturally straight. They are long for Chinese but short in comparison to Caucasians. And have Oily eyelids that causes all mascaras to smudge even when wearing Urban Decay primer on the bottom and top area.

CONCLUSION: I will continue to shell out $20+ per tube just to have the HG topcoat that prevents smudges and panda eye effects.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by louieludwig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I disagree with the reviews saying Blinc isn't a powerful enough mascara. It takes a number of coats and the application technique is different from any other mascara I've ever used, so it was difficult at first -- and a pain in the ass. But once I got used to application it became my favorite mascara of all time. It's my preference for day to day AND special events. More coats and more attention to lash tips completely transforms the effect. It's true that a single coat will never be enough, but two is fine for going to work, and the best part is the tube effect makes for seriously dark, thick-looking lashes that don't fade until you want to remove. The removal also weirded me out the first couple of times (I was afraid of pulling out or weakening my lashes), but again, once I got used to it, I LOVED it. I don't think I'll ever go back to any other mascara! Just take a few days to play with it and adjust.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by pinkshoeaddict

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite mascara. No, it's not going to give me a dramatic look, but since I tend to have a more natural look outside of work anyway, Blinc suits my needs. It really stays on all day with no smudges or smears. I've bought my mom (who is in her 60s) Blinc as well and now it's the only mascara she wears.