December 19, 2014 | 1320 users online

Mascara - Blinc Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by ExoticAlbino

I really like this mascara. It gives my lashes a natural look, yet still definitely does it's job. If you're looking for a clumpy, false lash look - this isn't the right mascara for you. The price is a bit high but it's worth it for a mascara that can last all day thru the TX heat/humidity on my pizza face. I love how it actually tubes on my lashes & only comes off in warm water. This mascara is sort of fun to remove!!! I'd reccomend & will repurchase. Blinc was my first tubing mascara experience. I am hooked for life.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by panchita64

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I keep thinking there is a better mascara out there because I am not too thrilled with the brush. But this is the ONLY mascara I can wear and not end up with mascara under my eyes. I work 24 hour shifts as a flight nurse and am exposed to the elements...I can put this on and completely forget about it. It is really a "natural" look mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Coffeeberry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Well starts off with the fact I've got seriously oily eyelids, so I've always looked for smudge-proof mascaras that wouldn't give me raccoon eyes half an hour after application. I'd never realised that truly smudge-proof mascaras needed to be tubing mascaras (because water-proof mascaras don't resist oil!) so when I found this out I went for this Blinc mascara.

This has its pros and cons, but I can tell you that this baby will not smudge. I wore this out for a day and came back in the evening ecstatic to see that it never smudged. With this I will now no longer self-consciously wipe away at the corners of my eyes just in case my mascaras smudging. Such a relief!

The formula and brush for this don't exactly give me my ideal lashes (the mascara that's done that is Max Factor's False Lash Effect in particular the waterproof version) because it has a tendency to make my lashes stick together looking almost stick-like and it refuses to hold a curl (a common tubing mascara problem apparently). I combat these issues respectively by using a toothpick/pin to separate the lashes and pinching away extra mascara at the end of my lashes and I wait for the formula to just about dry and curl my lashes again so it stays in place with a curl. With those solutions I end up with lashes I'm happy with! It may sound like a chore but I'm quite picky with lashes since mine are so short and straight (asian lashes, man), and it's something I tend to do with every mascara I've tried because I like tapered ends

Removing this mascara is really simple as well, I dip my fingers in water and gently rub my lashes between my fingers, slowly edging my fingers away as the mascara tubes slide off. Don't tug, because with any mascara brand that could pull some lashes out :O!

Bottom line: If you've always had a problem with oily lids that make your mascara smudge very quickly, this mascara (or in fact any tubing mascara) is the way to go. They're not designed to hold curls but if you're willing to put in a bit more time and effort they can manage it throughout the day!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by AlisonB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I read a lot of reviews, but don't normally write them. However I wanted to tell people about this mascara because it IS different and my one and only HG product. I'm in my 50s now and have looked for decades for a mascara that doesn't smudge beneath my eyes.

This is definitely the best mascara for me, BUT there's a couple of things I would say about using it -

1. I'm looking for darker and more defined lashes, not the fattest and longest lashes I can get. I love the look this mascara gives me because you can tell I'm wearing mascara and I like the finish as it's not OTT, but it won't suit everyone.

2. The way I use it is to apply the mascara BEFORE I apply any other makeup. This way it doesn't budge until I take it off. I don't apply it straight after I moisturise either and wait 10/15 minutes after applying moisturiser. It does take some time to learn to apply your other makeup when you're wearing mascara, but it's worth it when you've looked for a mascara for as long as I have.

3. I only apply one coat, but I don't stop applying it until I've got the look I want.

4. It comes off really easy with a wet wash cloth.

5. The sample size is not representative of the full size product because the brush with the sample size is simply rubbish.

It's the most expensive mascara I've tried and I wish it was cheaper, so I could give it 5 stars.

If you struggle to find a mascara that lasts until you take it off, spend the money on this mascara. ;-)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 6:11:00 AM More reviews by Venlanen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Loving the fact it has two shades of brown for us fair ladies. Does clump a bit, but easily solved with a lash comb. Copious crying makes it come off (in its usual strings) if my lashes rub against my glasses. Vastly prefer this to for example Kanebo 38C mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by msdixiemom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG mascara. I' m 51 and had given up hope of ever finding a mascara that didn't.'t leave me with raccoon eyes. This stuff goes on smoothly, and stays put-- even after sleeping in it--which is a no-no but we're all guilty of it occasionally. Unlike typical waterproof mascara, it removes VERY EASILY. I absolutely love it, and will never use any other mascara---- and I have tried them all. I hope they never stop making it.

Update: I recently started using DHC Cleansing Oil ( which I love) I apply to dry skin and massage gently-- it removes my makeup like a dream-- EXCEPT-- my Blinc mascara-- it will not budge even with all that oil on my lashes-- until I add warm water and wipe. Then off it comes like magic. Can you believe it? I have NEVER seen a mascara that doesn't come off with oil. Amazing .

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by hiiixox3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this mascara in green a few years ago. I loved the idea of tubing my lashes to make them more noticeable, as opposed to painting them and making my lashes heavy. I am sensitive to most mascaras, so if I find one that works, I usually stick to it. I loved that green mascara, however, the mascara has a 6 month expiration date (which is quite a while for a mascara). The problem with the green one I had is, I am sure I got an old mascara because after about a month and a half later, it smelled absolutely rancid and I had to throw it out. I did purchase it on a sale and it was completely seals, so I'm not entirely sure why it went so bad so quick.

Anyway, just 2 weeks ago, I was at Sephora and reached 100 points, so I picked up this in black in a deluxe sample size. I figured I'll try it again and see how I feel about it. So far things are going great. Even though it's not green, I love the black one for everyday uses. I love how it doesn't smudge or make my eyes water. I love how it doesn't make my lashes feel stiff or sticky. The purpose of this mascara is to make them noticeable... not volumize them or lengthen them really. I do notice that for my lashes, they lengthen a little. I curl my lashes and apply one coat of this (for everyday use) and it stays clump free, smudge free, comfortable, and it holds my curl all day. I'll see how this sample size goes for the month. Hoping that the mascara works well because I really do enjoy using this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by chicklet846

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This mascara is essential for people with sensitive eyes, those who are prone to smudging, and people who work long hours like I do. I would also recommend this mascara if you are going swimming or to an event that might cause some tears! I work 12 hour night shifts and so far this is the only mascara I've used where I don't have to worry if it's smudging or flaking. I don't exactly have a lot of time to check in the mirror while I'm working, and with this mascara I don't have to worry about it. The tubes don't budge from my eyelashes until I am ready to wash it off. And most importantly, I no longer have redness or irritation under my eyes from removing mascara every day!! The little tubes slide off my eyelashes with a little warm water and pressure, and no trace of mascara is left over. No need to use harsh eye makeup removers, and no more waking up with raccoon eyes from leftover mascara!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by PorcelainDream

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is currently my HG mascara. However the price is pretty damn steep ($27) - so if any of you have any other tubing mascara recs I should try...please let me know via PM. :)

This is the first mascara I have ever tried that won't smudge on my super oily eyelids. That is (sadly) why it's my holy grail. It gives *decent* length & volume, nothing spectacular. The only con I can really think of is you can't layer this foundation. It dries quickly.

Now....let me give y'all a tip. The first time I used this mascara, I tried using make up remover to get it off. Haha. I applied cleansing oil, then went to yank off the tubes. BAD IDEA. I removed 10+ lashes from my left eye & learned a valuable lesson..........it only takes warm water. Removing this stuff is actually sort of fun!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by ruthyeh910

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I naturally have lashes that go down and a really wet mascara doesn't help. After I curled my lashes and applied this mascara it seemed as if I haven't even curled my lashes which I find happens with only non-waterproof macaras. It definetly lengthens though, but makes them really stiff. It didn't smear and smudge too. The weird thing is that when I washed it off it was a clump of black stuff and in it looked like a bunch of lashes. I don't know if it was my lashes or that the product just has stuff that look like lashes in it.