November 27, 2014 | 943 users online

Bronzers - Guerlain - Terracotta Bronzing powder

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by MakeMeUp19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been on the search for a perfect bronzer for MONTHS because I have finally stopped spray tanning and I am now the palest of the pale. I got a 00 in this bronzer but will probably get an 02 for the summer. I LOVE it! It is not too orangey at all! Anyone who says this is not wearing the right color (01 was too orange on me). This is a hard color to find though! Only one out of three counters had it! But it is so smooth and I only use three taps to cover my whole face! This will last me FOREVER!! I tried bronzers from Chanel, Dior, Too Faced, Benefit, Drugstore, EVERYTHING! And this was the only bronzer that looked natural on me, so for me it is well worth the money since it will be my only bronzer in my collection. Go to a counter to get color matched though! Online colors are rather deceiving.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by trina856

So I finally gave in to the guerlain bronzer hype and I'm glad I did.i will admit I'm a bit of a bronzer addict,so my collection would not be complete without this. I'm a nw30 in Mac,a 9 in ysl tient resist.i have natural red undertones brown eyes and light brown/ dark blonde hair. That being said I chose the brunettes number 5. It gives a warm glow to my skin,no orange.i think a lot of you that are saying its too orange are choosing the wrong color.it does have a particularly strong smell but it doesn't bother me.its very finely milled and the packaging is gorgeous.all u need is to basically tap your brush into the product 2 or 3 times for each side of your face.i use my Bobbi brown bronzer brush and get a great result.i chose number 5 as I knew summer is coming but will go back and purchase the number 3 for fall and winter. I have read that the brunettes offer the nicest colors and are a cooler tone than the blondes are. I switched a lot of the blonde sin sephora and they all looked too red for me and the brunettes looked to be more neutral. Def glad I splurged on this bronzer and it's nw a part of my collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by ldej5757

Anyone who downgrades this bronzer is a crazy face! It is quite simply the best. Real tan tone minus the sun damage, sensorial scent, moisturizing qualities, and one little compact lasts 3 times longer than a cheaper bronzer!!! BEAUTIFUL... and a large array of shades to boot!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2012 2:02:00 AM More reviews by SoCalNanny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a lover of all bronzer..cream, gel, powder, they all have a place in my heart. That being said, after my LE MAC bronzer was accidentally dropped (This was about 6-7 years ago, I don't remember the name but remembered it was amazing!!!! it was in a gold case, which made it even more pretty-to me), I was on the search for another Bronzer. Fast forward to a drunken trip to Sephora on the Vegas strip. This was purchased and I fell in love all over again. This is amazing, goes on smoothly, doesn't have any orangey-ness to it. I'm already tan-medium complexion so this just adds a pinch of color. The price is outrageous! and I don't think I'd have boughten it had I been sober, but i digress=)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 11:12:00 AM More reviews by riceboxes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the BEST bronzer that you could ever think of getting, imo!

I'm an nc35 and I have it in #3 and it looks very natural.
The bronzer itself is extremely buttery and not powdery at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2011 2:36:00 AM More reviews by mbrowne37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

With my caramel complexion I have been searching for years for a bronzer without shimmer. I love that I can use this a bronzer, contour my cheekbones/jaw. or dust lightly for a great color.

I also love the smell. I use a number 7, which is too dark in winter for a allover powder but works well in summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2011 2:47:00 AM More reviews by claraflo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had long envied the celebrity summer looks with shimmery eyes and bronzed skin. Alas my skin has only three shades, white, pink and freckled. A summer tan was never to be mine by natural means. I've also long stayed away from purchasing a bronzer because I was convinced it would look like shiny dirt on my skin. I could not imagine ever finding a bronzer that would look good on me. For reference I wear #02 I'm Guerlains foundations. When at last I discovered that my beloved makeup brand was supposed to the best for bronzers I went for broke.

After reading that Natalia Vodianova wore my foundation colour and that they used #01 in bronzer for her, I bought it sight unseen. I purchased the permanent product line Terracotta Bronzer in moisturizing and long lasting formula.

The compact is quite small for a bronzer, it's very slim an made in artificial tortoiseshell with Terracotta embossed within the laminate. It's the prettiest and classiest compact I've seen for a while. It's also slim lime and small making a perfect handbag throw in. Top marks for packaging. The powder itself is a rich caramel colour that appears completely matte, both within the compact and on the skin. Not a hint of shimmer, and it even lacks the glow of my Guerlain finishing powder. If you want a bronzer with shimmer youmcould try and get your hands on this seasons LE, Radiant Sublime powder or just layer some meteorites over the top.

This powder is my ode to summer this year. So I use it as a contourer on my face, touching it to my cheeks, temples and the sides of my neck. The colour, while appearing scarily reddish brown in the compact is sheer and a very good colour for my skin tone. I have yellow undertones so the 01 colour is great. With a light application I look a little sun kissed, a heavier hand and I'm tanned. My skin developed some pigmentation this year which was a bit unwanted. But a touch of this bronzer helps to blend it in and make it less obvious.

For a great look I used Nars Comstantinople cream blush on the apples of my cheeks to give the tan a bit of warmth. The deep red of this blush mimics my natural blush well and layered over the bronzer brings a healthy glow to my face.

Overall I'm extremely happy with this purchase. It wasn't all just hype Guerlain bronzers are fantastic if you are looking for a very natural result. Well worth the $60 price tag. I'm glad I tried a famed product and even gladder it lived up to it's reputation.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

To be quite honest, i just thought this was "eh". I went to my local Sephora and the SA raved about how wonderful this bronzer was and how EVERYONE was wearing it and it was the ONLY bronzer I would ever purchase, blah blah blah. So i shelled out the $50 (which i thought was waaay overpriced) and see how well it worked. To me, it was just like any bronzer.. to be honest, it is a dupe for the wet n wild princess bronzer which was $2.99!!! I was horrified. I had to do a side by side comparison and yes, the Guerlain did go on smoother and not as ruddy, but the color payoff was almost spot on. I will keep the Guerlain just to say I was crazy enough to spend $$$$ on it but I will never repurchase again. Very disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by joey_s

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Guerlain Terracotta is the original bronzer -- and it's simply the best. I have tried several others out of curiosity (Bobbi Brown, Stila, L'Oreal, Estee Lauder, NARS) but none have ever topped the performance of this classic. Expensive, but one compact will last you years!

Shades/Tones:

For blondes, three pink-toned (red) shades: 00/02/04
For brunettes, four golden-toned shades: 01/03/05/07
For ethnic skin, one copper-toned shade: 08

17 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2011 11:46:00 PM More reviews by sexylovie84

I have shade 02.. would NOT EVER buy this one again as it is ORANGE and turns muddy and dirty looking on me.. However I am eyeing up shade 08 (a more solid brown shade).. I do like the matte effect. I just think for a 50$ bronzer it should be better