September 2, 2014 | 1456 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2011 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Amee88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

URGH, I wish I read reviews before purchasing this, it's super sticky, drying and sets in lines of my lips. Ugly Ugly Ugly is what I will say about this horrendous product, don't buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2011 12:49:00 AM More reviews by LuxDeVille

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Although there seems to be a lot of negative reviews for this product, I love it. Some days I just don't feel like dealing with the possible smearing and transferring of my bright lipsticks so I reach for this. I have it in top tomato and the color is great. It is drying of course so you'd need to put a lip gloss over it after it's set and dry. But the lasting power is amazing. It will last me a whole day of eating and drinking usually with no touch ups. Sometimes at the end of the day it does start to peel off though but that's not the usual case. Oh but the packaging could definitely be better.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by sistersarah

Really like this. It's a stain and is not moisturizing at all, so once it's dried, make sure you keep a lip balm, or a clear lipgloss handy. I'm terrible at reapplying traditional lipstick, so this long-lasting product works great for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by MissNRI

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't understand why there are so many negative reviews on this. I absolutely love Colorstay Ultimate and Colorstay Overtime. I haven't been able to find another lip product with the same staying power of these two. I can't decide which I like more as the formulas are very very similar, but the wonderful thing about Colorstay Ultimate is the beautiful range of shades. While Overtime has matte cream shades (or gloss cream shades, if one uses the clear overlay with them,) Ultimate has mattes, shimmers, satin/cream finishes and just less basic and more exciting shades than Overtime. Of the Ultimates, I own Superb Sangria, Top Tier Truffle, Premier Plum, Maximum Mocha and Stellar Sunrise and they are all beautiful and stay on so long. Best of all they give me that "heavy" rich feel that I adore and would go as far as to say require in a lipstick. I would highly recommend these for the lovely shades and exceptional staying power.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Selune13

First off, I think Revlon calling this "Liquid Lipstick" is slightly misleading. Lipstick I expect to be creamy and need to reapply. This is really lip stain. The tube is transparent and the applicator more suited to lip gloss. It makes you feel like the color would be slightly less potent on your lips than what it looks like in the tube. Wrong. This goes on VERY dark! So, word to the wise, drop down a shade from what you think would work. Also, the applicator is dreadful for putting this stuff on. It's so liquid, that the applicator makes it go on uneven and puts on way too much. I find it works best to just pull the applicator out a bit, wipe some on my finger, then apply it to my lips using my finger. It just takes the tiniest amount to apply color. And boy does this stuff last. I keep finding myself checking to see if I need to reapply and nope, this lasts all day through talking, eating, even wiping my lips. Yes, it does feel dry next to your lips and tacky when your lips press together, but that doesn't bother me too much. If it does start to annoy me, I just put a little gloss on top or that top coat they sell with lip stains (Cover Girl has a really nice one - it's white looking but goes on as just a soft top coat with the perfect consistency and look over stain).

Bottom lines:
- great lip stain - color really lasts
- go a shade lighter than you'd think - this stuff is dark
- don't use the built-in applicator - you'll get a mess

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2011 9:22:00 PM More reviews by turkishdelightxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Awful stuff. Color was NOTHING like what it looked like in the tube. I don't remember which color I purchased, as I threw it out, but it appeared to be a pinkish-nude, but turned out tan. Very ugly. It dried out my lips, AND I had an allergic reaction to it. Not worth the money at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2011 9:26:00 AM More reviews by AListAsia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this! Saw an article about it on the frisky, went to Walgreens and there was a $2 off coupon so figured I'd try it. I got it in strawberry friase and its so pretty. I wear a lot of black to work so it gives the perfect pop of color. It wasnt drying and sticky..just like a lipstain with the perfect amount of shine. And it lasts as well. Def would recommend and buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 2:48:00 AM More reviews by plsthink2ice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really don't understand the bad reviews cause this is a perfect lipstain , the only thing i mind is the color selection yet i won't hold it against it, coz i can see they added new shades however in my country they are not avaialble yet ..
The colors i have are miracle mauve and grand garnet.. both are nice however, i think grand garnite is more suitable for my olive skin shade , I am NC30 and in winter closer to NC25.. the staying power is amazing , my lips are usually never dray so i dont have a problem with not having a top coat actually it is an advantage to me since the product is bigger so it is value for money instead of wasting my omeny on a balm that i never use!! would love to try regal rose, supreme seinna and preimer pink..

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2011 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Babydolly01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't really love this product but in my opinion it's actually pretty good. It definitely has long staying power even after eating which is really incredible. But it does tend to be kind of pasty an tacky when you have it on but I guess you just have to deal with it cus hey, pitting on a mask of makeup isn't comfortable any ways, right? well any ways it's a pretty good lip color product and yes it does have a drying feeling but it doesn't actually dry out your lips once you take it off.( like wearing really uncomfortable high heels but since they're cute you still wear them anyways feeling) but overall great product. By the way I got this in a newer shade called ultimate orchid

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2011 12:55:00 PM More reviews by westwoodbarbie

Have only worn this lipstick twice now, but I have to say I'm kind of in love with it. Of course the 24-hour claim is just silly, but I wore it at work and completely forgot about it for about 5 hours. Freaking out that my lips look faded (or I have that really awkward thick lip-liner look) I ran into the bathroom to look in the mirror.

To my shock, my lips looked perfect! Didn't even need to reapply! Did touch up after eating lunch, but that's expected.

Will definitely buy again!