October 22, 2014 | 1125 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Hydrating Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2014 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Shiahyr

This is a good gentle cleanser. I use retin-a micro so other facial cleansers were a bit too harsh for my skin, and left it flaky. In the morning I use this alone and I cleans my face pretty nicely, but does not dry it out. In the evening, I first remove the makeup with makeup remover wipes because I feel that this cleanser is too gentle to remove my makeup. After I use the wipes I follow up with this cleanser, and my face feels clean. My face is pretty smooth and not too dry as a result of using this cleanser. I do still flake a bit but I think that it's because of the retin-a and using other serum. Overall, I will continue to repurchase and use this gentle cleanser, because itís not as harsh or drying to your skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2014 7:44:00 AM More reviews by jojenja9

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

PROs: Non-sudsy; no smell; leaves skin feeling soft & moist
CONs: doesn't clean make-up off

I really like the way my skin feels after using this product; however, when I follow up with my Witch Hazel astringent, the cotton pad shows a good bit of left over makeup, so I don't recommend CeraVe as a cleanser. Use it only for the feel good effect. Also, I suspect that I am wiping off any beneficial elements because it is a must that I have to complete the cleansing process with a follow-up astringent. I don't like having to add another step or spend money on a useless item.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by indianagirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Amazing cleanser for the morning, especially during this never ending winter. Just enough to clean off the grime from sleeping and whatever treatment may still be on my face, but never makes my face red or tight feeling. I prefer the foaming cleanser for night time makeup/sunscreen removal, but this makes my face feel clean, soft, and ready for moisturizer in the morning. Price is pretty good considering that one bottle lasts 6 months, and the packaging is good. One pump is enough to wash my face and neck. Texture is strange and lotion like, but I have learned to love it. No fragrance and good stuff like ceramides that I feel have truly helped my skin become more balanced, less dry, and less sensitive. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2014 10:16:00 AM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

After a miserable suncreen failure and really bad sunburn on my already winter dry face I needed something that would be gentle and not leave my skin feeling even more uncomfortable. This is super gentle and doesn't leave my face tight like most other cleansers. I think it's strange that it struggles to remove makeup completely since the texture resembles a light, clean rinsing cold cream but I just use a facial oil and cotton balls to remove my makeup and sunscreen before washing. I'm usually a fan of OCM but my skin is parched and sore right now. The rubbing required would be too much. Great for dry iritated skin. Glad I gave it a try and I hope it works well for me year round.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by MikaLovesMakeUp

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I really like the fact that it has no particular smell. The texture is smooth, kind of like a hair conditionner. I have dry, flaky skin during the winter and I found that CeraVe makes it a lot better. I tried Cetaphil but it didn't make my skin feel as soft and clean as CeraVe. Great hydrating cleanser :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product was recommended by my dermatologist after I started taking a prescription that dried out my skin. While it doesn't lather/foam up, it's gentle on my skin. It took a bit of getting used to- as all my cleansers have been bubbly washes, and after 30-some years, change is tough. I've found I have to use a separate towelette to remove my makeup, as this cleanser is not effective enough for that. After removing my makeup, I follow up with this cleanser. I make sure to wet my face first, gently rub the cleanser into my skin in circular motions for about 30 seconds, then let the cleanser sit on my face for an extra minute before I wash it off. It washes off easily, and leaves my skin feeling fresh (not at all like Cetaphil, which I could not stand). I'm hoping this product improves the overall quality of my skin (and considering it's got hylauronic acid, there's a good chance it does) :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by mibrola

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for three days; twice a day morning and night. Saw results immediately. Skin flaking has signifigantly reduced and the overall redness in my face has subsided as well. Be warned this is not a lathering foamy wash, in fact it feels and looks rather like a conditioner or lotion. And putting that right on your face will make you wary if you have oily skin but this has yet to cause a single breakout or pimple.
Due to oily skin I stay away from anything "hydrating" or "moisturizing", but recently I had a dry patch around my nose brought on by my liberal use of 90% alcohol to dry out huge pimples brought on by waxing my lip.... *sigh. In addition to acne, I had the wax pimples popping up, now that they were subsiding the alcohol had worked but all the dry flakes were there and even a clinique 7 day scrub wasn't taking them away. I decided somethign kind was now in order and saw this had decent reviewso n ulta. Came here to confirm then made ethe committment of $13 at a nearby target. I will continue use until summer time then alternate back with Nutrogena go-to orangey facial wash

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by bakerbaker19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff! It leaves me feeling clean and truly not stripped. In fact I find that Cetaphil dries me out even more than this. I would love to try other cleansers, but would probably always go back to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Pauser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this cleanser! It's gentle, hydrating, and unscented. It doesn't strip my skin or leave it feeling tight after I wash. I've been using this for years. It costs about $13 for a 12-ounce bottle. I keep one on my bathroom sink and one in my shower, and I replace them maybe twice a year.

It does not remove makeup effectively, so you'll need to use a makeup remover first, but it is a gentle cleanser similar to Cetaphil with a few extra ingredients that are good for your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 1:41:00 AM More reviews by Lollikist

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After getting some pretty mild acne I went through all sorts of remedies, cleansers, etc. I have to say that I enjoy this the most.
This face wash is very gentle, and hydrating. I love the research behind it and I am comfortable knowing that my skin is in good hands.
I use this with my Foreo Luna Mini and it feels like such a nice facial massage. I also use it in conjunction with the moisturizing cream. My skin is left very soft and I don't see myself using any other product.
I bought this at BJs whole sale so I got two bottles for $17.99.
It's been two months of me using it and I haven't finished the first bottle yet.