January 31, 2015 | 1418 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Hydrating Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by atomickittenlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

OH HELL NO> this thing ruined my face after only 3 uses. WTF, I have never broke out like this AND i'm acne prone. I'm pretty pissed considering this is marketed as non-comedogenic. I know you can't always trust labels but I'm getting painful pimples at the sides of my mouth, jaw and forehead! This are not my regular acne prone areas :(
Not cute.

I should have checked with MUA before using this… now I have to go to my bday party with this hot mess happening *facepalm* . pass the coverup and a drink.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by juliaglaeser

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product sucks. I have very dry skin and nothing ever breaks me out but this did, I'm positive. Maybe I'm just allergic to something in it, but either way, it was awful for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 5:23:00 PM More reviews by editanazaryan

This face wash did nothing for me! did not hydrate, did not moisturize, did not clean and did not balance! i have no idea why it was made!!!!

EDIT: I initially did not like this cleanser and wrote a really bad review for it. I did not give this amazing product a chance, I stored it all the way behind my cabinet along with all the other useless products. Recently I decided to do a little cleaning and get rid of products I don't use and I ran into this cleanser again. I decided to give it another try and I'm glad I did. This product works!! It should not be your only main product. I first use either my dhc oil cleanser or my merle Norman cream cleanser to remove makeup and dirt and I allow this cleanser to work it's magic on my clean skin. I've been using it for a week and notice a great difference in my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 7:21:00 PM More reviews by aquasense

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This cleanser is pretty great, except for just a few drawbacks.

But I do like the fact that this cleanser doesn't have a ton of ingredients, and that it's simple and gentle. That way I can incorporate more products into my skin care routine that is designed for a certain purpose (anti-aging).

Also, When I had a time when my rosacea around my cheeks flared up. This product did a good job in not exacerbating that problem.

Pros: doesn't break me out. helps calm down red/sensitive skin. small ingredient list. glides on skin gently. the fragrance didn't bother me since it's pretty neutral, but it may smell faintly like plastic. doesn't dry out my skin or give me that tight feeling after washing.

Cons: doesn't give you that clean feeling. burns slightly on sensitive parts/dry parts of my face. doesn't foam up, is a gel consistency throughout. doesn't seem to be perfect in preventing breakouts, but i don't get many new breakouts from this product.

Lasts: about 1-2 months for everyday morning and night use. Paid around $11.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Lol98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is awesome! :) I just finished accutane, and i use this to wash my face and it is gentle and simply wonderful for ma sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by nancycho2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using cetaphil cleanser after my oil cleanser because I wear sun screen and I just don't feel like cetaphil gets rid of sunscreen but who knows since you can't really see left over sun screen. Since cetaphil wasn't doing much for me I decided to give cerave a try... while I was massaging my face with it I had a burning sensation. It wasn't red or anything but it did burn. Very moiaturizing...Have high hopes for this cleanser and will update!

***update!!! I really wanted for this cleanser to work but it gave me a rash on my temples. However I thinl that people with normal skin would really benefit from this cleanser. On the places that did noy get a rash it was hydrated and smooth. It is a great cleanser but unfortunately I have super sensitive skin so... well on another quest to find that perfect cleanser that won't break me out!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by julia795

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really love this product. It's great for my sensitive dry acne prone skin, I have only 4-5 days since I started using it and I can already see the difference. It calmed the irritation I had on my face and my skin looks much better, I have also started using it for my body. I really love the texture and it has no smell. Everything else seems to irritate my skin very bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by ayanelmi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Better than cetaphil. Its great to use after removing makeup thoroughly. This is not a makeup remover, its a cleanser. I really feel like it works. It never leaves my face dry and tight. Its really simple and I'll purchase this again and again.
I use it every morning and every night AFTER fully taking off and makeup or residue off. I cant tell you how much I prefer this to Cetaphil. Also I haven't tried the foaming one yet but I will after I run out.
It lasts you FOREVER. This is so worth the price because it never ends. I reccomend it for acne prone skin like myself. My face always feels softer and brighter after washing it with Cerave.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 11:34:00 AM More reviews by greycardigan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this cleanser for a few months now and I really like it!

The bottle with the pump really lasts a long time even with twice a day use, and I find it really cuts through grime and make-up. This is my go-to cleanser when I use the Oil Cleansing Method which involves exfoliating dead skin by rubbing mineral oil on my face. Cleansing oil off of my face can be tedious but this Cerave cleanser can do it on the first wash.

I have never once broken out or had a bad reaction to this cleanser. I highly recommend it to those looking for something suitable for sensitive and acne-prone skin and anyone who only needs a simple yet effective cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 10:39:00 AM More reviews by sofisticationn

this wash is perfect to use with the clarisonic mia. its gentle for my dry and acne prone skin. i have used so many face washes by now man and i am tired of wasting money. this wash may seem expensive but the bottle is seriously huge and takes a while to get through. if you have dry skin try this wash out. i use it by itself in the morning and before bed with my clarisonic after using ponds cream cleanser to dissolve my makeup. its gentle so don't expect a squeaky clean feeling...a feeling anyone with dry skin avoids anyways...