July 30, 2014 | 1194 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Hydrating Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 2:51:00 AM More reviews by WynterOlly

This is my HG morning cleanser.

I have slightly oily, very sensitive skin. I break out in small flesh colored bumps and blackheads, never pimples.

This cleanser leaves my skin perfectly balanced - not oily, nor dry. It's too gentle at night to remove my makeup (concealer, powder, brow pencil, mascara, blush or Bronzer, and sometimes eyeshadow or eyeliner,) so I use a deeper cleanser with my Clarisonic at night. But for the morning, when my skin just needs a little refresher, this cleanser is perfect! Leaves my skin soft and ready for makeup. Reduces redness. Calms skin. Fragrance free. I love it(:

UPDATE: It's been a good solid 4 or 5 weeks of using this. Still my fav.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by yellowease

I began using this cleanser when I reintroduced cetaphil in my skincare regimen. My skin is currently recovering from a winter breakout (and perhaps the tragic result of experimenting with too many products) and while I initially started with Cetaphil, I bought this one because I found it far more gentle on my skin.

The consistency is very similar to cetaphil, it does not lather but it feels more like a cream cleanser. It is non-drying which is a plus! After I pat my face with a towel, my skin feels rehydrated and ready for my moisturizer.

The biggest plus is Cerave DOES NOT test on animals! This is my new HG cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 10:16:00 AM More reviews by noname4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Having a dermatitis condition on my face, I have to be careful not to irritate it. I've used Cetaphil for years and it's good, but there's something about the CeraVe that makes it better. I think it feels creamier on my skin and I just like the feel of my face after I've washed with it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by DVick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This burns my skin on contact. Probably the alcohol in it. Don't understand how it's suppose to be gentle and hydrating. It makes my skin red and dry. I wouldn't recommend it if you have sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 3:28:00 AM More reviews by TracyNevins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

CereVe makes a product dermatologists love and recommend! It is so mild...and it makes your face feel smooth and clean. I give their cleanser and moistener an a plus!! Priced quite reasonably, as well :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2014 8:58:00 AM More reviews by xxAlandraxx

I really wanted to like this product as I have used the lotion for years. However, it burned when I applied it to my skin. I gave it 3 tries and had the same reaction each time. My skin has been very dehydrated recently which is causing mild breakouts and this seemed to be very popular so I thought I would try it. Maybe my skin is just in a bad way right now. Maybe I will give it a try at another time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by bobbywoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this cleanser over a year now and love it. I have sensitive, dehydrated skin with mild rosacea. This is a gentle, hydrating cleanser that does not irritate any of my conditions. In my past experience with other cleansers my skin tightens up and becomes dry after using, CeraVe Hydrating does not do this to me. It will not remove makeup or heavy suncreens, I use a carrier oil for that task.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I mix this face wash with Derma E Hydrating cleanser or Derma E Vitamin A & Glycolic cleanser (both foaming), one pump of each for a more effective cleanse and soft, supple skin. This creamy/gel texture non-foaming face wash is ideal for sensitive, oily/dry, rosacea skin like mine (I'm also acne-prone and it doesn't help but also doesn't aggravate it). It will not remove a face full of make-up so it's best either as a morning cleanser or as the 2nd stage of a double cleanse. It copes well with any teeny remaining traces of make-up though, and does so very gently. Used on its own, I think there might be a very slight film but toner deals with it. I think for the huge bottle you get it's fantastic value. I normally use mostly Elemis cleansers (I am a cleanser tart) but have had to switch over to others while my skin is being naughty. I get bored easily but I'm loving the Cerave and to be honest if something works I have little choice but to stick with it. UPDATE: sadly I had to stop using this as my rosacea got worse - I don't think it's linked to the Cerave but if you have skin that is on the sensitive side, probably best avoided.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by laureg

I'm a huge fan of this cleanser and use it almost exclusively when using my Clarisonic Mia (I only use the delicate brush heads). I find that this cleanser creates an almost "cushion" when using the Clarisonic, so I get all of the cleaning benefits and gentle exfoliation, with no harsh effects from the Clarisonic. I wet my face, then massage one pump of the Cerave cleanser all over my skin. To the Clarisonic brush head I apply two big drops of L'Oreal 360 Cream Cleanser and two pumps of the Cerave Hydrating cleanser, briefly work this mixture into the brush head, then carry on with the Clarisonic. Using this method and combination of cleansers, I've been able to use my Clarisonic once daily with no bad effects, whereas when I've used other cleansers (especially when using just foaming cleansers and no Cerave) I was only able to use my Clarisonic 2-3 times per week or less, because my skin was being over-exfoliated. The cerave Hydrating Cleanser is a great product that I'll continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by BlueberryPancakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I have dry skin and this cleanser does a great job of cleaning while not drying me out completely. It's a hair more expensive than the average Neutrogena cleanser (or similar brands), but you get plenty of product and it works very well.