July 28, 2014 | 1008 users online

Powder - BeneFit Cosmetics - Hello Flawless!

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2013 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Arachne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a powder foundation, something that would enable me to get my 5 minute face on, while looking natural, even toned and radiant. The Sephora SAmatched me to Beige (I'm NC30 for reference. Fair to light skin with neutral/yellow undertones) and suggested I use this with the new Benefit primer. This melts right into my skin. When she put it on half my face and asked me to look in the mirror, I was blown away. That side of my face looked the exact same shade as the other side, but it was like every bit of redness, every brown spot and the shine was simply erased. Because I'm in my 40's, powder is often times the enemy. I have normal/combination skin, but I can get very dehydrated looking around my eyes and powder just accentuates the crinkliness. Never what I'm looking to achieve. But NOT THIS POWDER. I scrutinized my face, Looked at it from every angle in the store and fell totally in love. She used the Sephora mineral powder brush, so that's what I bought. Wearing it today and I'm still very happy with the way my skin looks. So to summarize, great shade match, excellent coverage while still looking natural, lightweight, has SPF and the packaging is absolutelty adorable.

Update: After only 2 days, I think this is breaking me out. 3 huge cists on my chin and I didn't introduce anything else new to my routine. What a disappointment! It's going back and I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Dolly444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I discovered this powder a couple of years ago when I stumbled over to the Benefit counter in search of a new foundation. In my teens I had a shiny complexion and was after a nice matte look, rather than dewy. I was matched to 'Gee, I'm Swell/Shell' and have never looked back! The powder is meant to be full coverage, although I made it quite clear I didn't want anything heavy or 'cakey', I wanted a natural look.

Hello Flawless is soft, silky and is really easy to apply! It looks great on my skin, winter and summer, regardless of heat and keeps my skin looking nice and matte!

One downside is that I was using the foundation everyday and ran out after three months. I was a bit upset as it cost £25 and, being a student, that was bad news. BUT, I decided to purchase the Oxygen Wow Hello Flawless liquid foundation about 6 months later (I had to Advantage points in Boots to spend) and the combination of liquid and powder is great! Still matte, makes the powder last much longer and makes my skin look pretty flawless :P

Plus, beautiful packaging. Quite retro and cute. I don't bother with the mini brush anymore, the sponge is fine for me :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Nicola21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Made my skin look very powdery and fake, wasnt very good at covering the redness in my skin as well. I also found that if I wore it for long periods of time it would start to wear off around my cheeks and nose while still looking powdery elsewhere, red and powdery not a good look. I found similar problems with mac studio fix, so I guess full coverage powder foundations dont work for me. I do like bare minerals though, but that has more sheer coverage and when it wears off my skin seems to look less red for some reason so it works for me. Its not horrible I do sometimes use it for a concealer on spots I have but thats mainly to use it up so it dosent go to waste since it was quite pricy. Super cute packaging like most of benefits products :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by xtasteofimpact

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this based off MUA reviews and OMG, amazing! Everything was making my skin shiny (see my other reviews), even powders, but this one - barely any shine, even at the end of the day. And, it retains its coverage! I have many acne scars and although for me I need a concealer underneath, it's amazing. I've recommended to friends who are also pleased. I'm on my 3rd compact since January though, and I don't wear make up everyday. I apply with a sponge since I want extra coverage, but it seems like a lot is used up quickly .. however this is my HG foundation !!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by gmd854

I love this product! I don't see a lot of rave about it but it has great coverage and is a nice powder. It is a little pricey, but so are all Benefit products. It has cool packaging, with a little brush and sponge under the powder. I love this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by spacecow17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Provides medium to full coverage without looking cakey and also a matte finish! Winner in my book! Days when I am on the go (which is most of the time), I use this along with my concealer and tinted moisturizer Origins VitaZing. When my skin is kind I am able to get away with using this alone with moisturizer, and the coverage is still great! Ever since I have been using this foundation, I've noticed that my skin has improved. I am not sure if this powder foundation is meant to treat your skin as well, but it did wonders for mine. The only problem I have is that it seems to run out quick.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Lyndsey32511

This product is so good! I really like the coverage. I also love how it comes with a sponge and a brush. The sponge is for problem areas while the brush is for all over. My favorite powder right now!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Est22

LOVE this power. Covers, evens out skin tone & genuniely does make me feel as close to 'flawless' as any make up ever has! Easy to apply which is great for me as I hate fussing around with make up in the morning when I'm trying to get out the door. Although when my skin is having a bad phase, it doesn't quite give enough coverage, when my skin is ok this looks amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by becktasm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

A really nice, silky powder that provides good coverage, but the price is ridiculous. The product is so finely milled that you tend to use a lot. I hit the pan within two weeks with everyday use. For ten dollars less this would be HG status, but I can't justify it now.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by GoodyGoody

1. I look 5 years younger when I wear this product. (=my husband doesn't know the difference, but every time I wear "Flawless", he says how fresh I look ha ha
2. I had been angry about it for 10 days before I learnt how to apply it and which brush is better (not the one that's included). So, a wide kabuki brush does the job best.
3. At the beginning it seems wrong texture, wrong shade, wrong everything, but it's the case with BENEFIT makeup:

It's here to work, not to make the 1st good impression and a month later you wonder why you waste so much. Benefit products really do what they promise.

Just be patient and get used to its character.