Lancome Matte Finish Sheer Pressed Powder

3.9

on 2/10/2004 12:30:00 AM

I purchased this powder in Pale Beige to go over my Teint Idole. I usually don't apply it until about lunchtime. It seems to help refresh my foundation. If I apply it in the morning directly after (to set) my foundation I seem to get oilier quicker and it appears to turn a bit orangey on me. All in all I like it alot when I only use it to 'freshen up' around noon.

on 2/4/2004 2:35:00 AM

To tell the truth, i'm really impressed with lancome's stuff. i usually use brands like Shiseido...cuz i thought Asian brands would go better for Asians. But i guess i was wrong! This powder really did what it has stated. i've tried soooo many matifying stuff( believe me -_-)...but nothing worked as well as this powder. it's just amazing! i'm also using the Sensation Totale. My skin is better than ever! Worth the money!

on 1/30/2004 11:00:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I bought this powder based on all the positive reviews I read here. Whoever said this stuff doesn't look caked on was wrong! There is nothing sheer about this stuff! I am much happier going back to Cover Girl Clean Powder - It doesn't cake on nearly as much! Maybe I will try the Mac Blot powder....

EDIT: 6/7/05 - OK, I am on my second Lancome powder in Pale Beige. I guess I must like it now cuz I've stopped buying my HG CG Clean Powder!

on 1/24/2004 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a great powder for someonw w/ oily skin! The colors and textures are wonderful, and the effect is matte w/out looking cakey.

on 1/18/2004 9:16:00 PM

I use this over the Photogenic Ultra Naturale. Initially I was worried that this will cancel out the photogenic effects but it did not. It set the foundation nicely and the effect was great> radiant looking skin that's not shiny! Thumbs Up!

on 12/29/2003 6:58:00 PM

As long as you go light with this powder it is a great powder to finish your makeup with. It really does a great job at evening out your skin without looking to heavy. HOWEVER it can look cakey if you go to heavy. I am used to Mac's Blot which is more an oil control powder and great for touch ups all day long. This powder is not an all day touch up powder.

on 12/28/2003 6:01:00 AM

I like this product. Good quality powder. I have this in translucent, as I hate the bronzed look. I like to use my brush to gently sweep some across my face instead of the sponge it comes with. I actually prefer this over Laura Mercier loose translucent powder, I think it works better for me.

on 12/18/2003 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I never use powder over my foundation, but I still need to apply some during the day. And this powder does the job! It feels very light and looks natural. Yes, it's expensive but I expect it to last a long time because I only use it for touch ups.

on 12/12/2003 6:10:00 AM

It's not that expensive (compared to 35 for Too faced and 30 for Lorac!) and it does just as good of a job, if not way better. In tient idole I wear buff 2, but in this I wear clair.

The coverage is sort of light, but you don't need heavy coverage powder if you use teint idole. It mattifies and smoothes out my skin. I don't look like Devon Aoki, but I'll live.

Changed my mind...too chalky and doesnt live up to the price.

on 11/25/2003 7:13:00 PM

Love it! I have this in Clair. Goes on so smooth and not cakey. Beautifully matte. Though, I just received it today and just put it on, I dont know how well it will do at controling oil, but I will update later.