July 28, 2014 | 1767 users online

Pressed Powders - Lancome - Matte Finish Sheer Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2004 12:30:00 AM More reviews by TracyMom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this powder in Pale Beige to go over my Teint Idole. I usually don't apply it until about lunchtime. It seems to help refresh my foundation. If I apply it in the morning directly after (to set) my foundation I seem to get oilier quicker and it appears to turn a bit orangey on me. All in all I like it alot when I only use it to 'freshen up' around noon.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2004 2:35:00 AM More reviews by alice815

To tell the truth, i'm really impressed with lancome's stuff. i usually use brands like Shiseido...cuz i thought Asian brands would go better for Asians. But i guess i was wrong! This powder really did what it has stated. i've tried soooo many matifying stuff( believe me -_-)...but nothing worked as well as this powder. it's just amazing! i'm also using the Sensation Totale. My skin is better than ever! Worth the money!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2004 11:00:00 AM More reviews by lolacocacola

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this powder based on all the positive reviews I read here. Whoever said this stuff doesn't look caked on was wrong! There is nothing sheer about this stuff! I am much happier going back to Cover Girl Clean Powder - It doesn't cake on nearly as much! Maybe I will try the Mac Blot powder....

EDIT: 6/7/05 - OK, I am on my second Lancome powder in Pale Beige. I guess I must like it now cuz I've stopped buying my HG CG Clean Powder!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2004 4:51:00 PM More reviews by luc10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great powder for someonw w/ oily skin! The colors and textures are wonderful, and the effect is matte w/out looking cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2004 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Selphie04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this over the Photogenic Ultra Naturale. Initially I was worried that this will cancel out the photogenic effects but it did not. It set the foundation nicely and the effect was great> radiant looking skin that's not shiny! Thumbs Up!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2003 6:58:00 PM More reviews by perfumeslut

As long as you go light with this powder it is a great powder to finish your makeup with. It really does a great job at evening out your skin without looking to heavy. HOWEVER it can look cakey if you go to heavy. I am used to Mac's Blot which is more an oil control powder and great for touch ups all day long. This powder is not an all day touch up powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2003 6:01:00 AM More reviews by santokie77

I like this product. Good quality powder. I have this in translucent, as I hate the bronzed look. I like to use my brush to gently sweep some across my face instead of the sponge it comes with. I actually prefer this over Laura Mercier loose translucent powder, I think it works better for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2003 2:59:00 PM More reviews by mapn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I never use powder over my foundation, but I still need to apply some during the day. And this powder does the job! It feels very light and looks natural. Yes, it's expensive but I expect it to last a long time because I only use it for touch ups.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2003 6:10:00 AM More reviews by bluekittygrl

It's not that expensive (compared to 35 for Too faced and 30 for Lorac!) and it does just as good of a job, if not way better. In tient idole I wear buff 2, but in this I wear clair.

The coverage is sort of light, but you don't need heavy coverage powder if you use teint idole. It mattifies and smoothes out my skin. I don't look like Devon Aoki, but I'll live.

Changed my mind...too chalky and doesnt live up to the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2003 7:13:00 PM More reviews by glamourmama

Love it! I have this in Clair. Goes on so smooth and not cakey. Beautifully matte. Though, I just received it today and just put it on, I dont know how well it will do at controling oil, but I will update later.