July 29, 2014 | 1257 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Wet 'n' Wild - eye make-up remover

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by SnowcLovers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is cheap and effective. I didn't have any problems with burning or stinging...but it does have some scent to it. My only problem with it is that I feel like I'm gouging my eyes out and stretching them when I use it. You really have to rub to get waterproof or thick makeup off. Overall, it gets the job done, though I suggest using cotton balls/pads instead of Q tips. At the price, you get what you paid for.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2012 12:12:00 AM More reviews by scorpiorising

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Eye remover stings and smells horrible. It stings my eyes so bad I had to toss it. It is super cheap and unusable. Save your money and buy a better product.

Contains: butylene glycol which is toxic to skin, irritant to sensitive skin such as around the eyes, and is found in anti-freeze.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by DivaDeLosMuertos

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This stuff does get off eye makeup, but it stings and hurts in the process and smells horrible! Wet n wild has some good products for cheap prices but this is not one of them...skip it and pay extra for loreal or neutrogena, this product isn't worth the bargain!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2012 2:12:00 AM More reviews by normamonroe

I bought this because I didn't want to spend a lot of money & thought this would be a great try for $1.99 and it claims to take off waterproof mascara. I've only used it once, however I will not be using it again. The smell was definitely not pleasant, it actually made my stomach churn because it reminded me of a giant glass of vodka. That made me a bit hesitant because I really don't want alcohol anywhere near my eyes. Needless to say, it barely removed any of my waterproof mascara or waterproof eyeliner. I had to "scrub" to get any of it off, and scrubbing with water actually worked a bit better. I didn't expect much from Wet 'n' Wild, I just grabbed something cheap, hoping I would find a hidden gem. Next time I will just spend the extra money & get a brand that will more likely to do its job.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by pinksmoothielover98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I must admit, when I first purchased this, I hated it! But what I have learned is to remove successfully and not to burn my eyes out is to load the product onto a q-tip, the other side moistened with water. Small amounts at a time! Righht after, cleann off remover with water. I feel it works better after cleansing. It does it's job for two bucks. Just if u use too much at a time it feels like it burns your eyes out!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/29/2012 8:52:00 AM More reviews by Staaash27

The smell is so strong. Just the aroma on my eye lids, make me tear. I bought because of cheap price. Works but the irritation definatly has to go.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Worst eye makeup remover ever

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2012 3:58:00 AM More reviews by malonb

would not recommend. the smell is very strong, does remind me of nail polish. for me, it didn't irritate my skin(as other say they get a burning sensation where applied) but i hate this so much because of how much it hurts if it gets in my eye...which is bound to do 'cause you have to use a pretty good amount to remove mascara completely(not to mention waterproof, which it didn't do a good job - i had to re-do with another remover to finish cleaning up). not worth it imo. i used it for a week 'cause i needed something to tie me over 'till neutrogena's went on sale....never using this again(at least not on my eyes). will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2012 3:42:00 AM More reviews by astronaut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I wanted something cheap just to use to remove my eyeshadow fallout that's more effective than using plain water. I saw this for only 99 cents and thought that a makeup remover that's effective enough to just remove a little bit of eyeshadow shouldn't be hard to make. I've been using this for a while to remove my fall out and it does remove it, but every time I am at the step in my makeup routine where I am about to remove the fall out, I think to myself, "I hate this step". Yet I never really put much thought into it for some reason.

It wasn't until someone asked me how I liked the remover did I actually think about it and realized that I hate the strong smell, and it stings my skin. I guess it's because I've always used those bi-layered eye makeup removers so I thought that it was just the nature of these kinds of removers and my skin was sensitive. Apparently everyone else seems to be experiencing the same problem with the smell and the stinging/burning sensation. Even though this product is only 99 cents, I would much rather have 99 cents to spend on Cheetos or something.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by sameenelahi821

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Though I sort of liked the smell, it's got an oily, hard-to-remove consistency and it hurt my eyes. I mean you shouldn't have to try to *remove* your eye makeup *remover*, and at that, you shouldn't have to do it in tears. Not recommended. /: