September 21, 2014 | 2168 users online

Powder - Lancome - Ageless Minerale Skin-Transforming Mineral Powder Foundation SPF 21 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2010 10:15:00 PM More reviews by jaann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is skin-transforming, all right. It transformed my face into a war zone of break outs. Before this, I used to only break out occasionally on my T-zone, and this foundation managed to make me break out at an alarming rate everywhere I put it on (i.e. my whole face). Only when I stopped using it did the fiasco stop. Now, I have to deal with the mess of red marks left over from that nightmare.

I really wanted to like this. It actually looked very nice on my face and the packaging is genius, so I was really sad when I came to the conclusion that I had to throw this away.

The positive thing about this experience for me is that:

1) I learned that my skin can break out from cosmetics and not solely because of hormones

2) I am more conscious of ingredients that can be bad for me
    continued >>

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2010 3:02:00 AM More reviews by billie999

I must say so far I really really like this powder. I don't know how much it costs normally because I got it from a friend. So I have no clue how much it goes for.

I used to be strictly Bare Minerals, but that has changed. I still love Bare Minerals Powder but I think I love Lancome mineral powder more. First of all, the container it comes in is a VERY generous size. Very big, it'll last me a long time. I get mine in ivory because I'm very fair, and it matches my skin nicely.

I like the powder a lot. I will continue to buy it, unless I somehow find something wrong with it. I do know Lancome can be pricey which may be a problem when I have to actually buy one myself. But so far I have no complaints.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2010 2:32:00 AM More reviews by mishkee

I recently switched to this from liquid. I have been using liquid all my life. I got samples in my color from my friend who works at Lancome. I tried BE once when I was 13 and hated it. This product is awesome. It gives great coverage! but it really looks like its my skin and not makeup. I'm definitly not used to the natural look and feel but i love it so far! it takes seconds to put on this foundation. I give it 4 lippies just cuz its around $40. But it's worth it to me.Oh and it does NOT settle into fine lines. so awesome! Now I know I have to buy it once I run out of samples!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2010 11:52:00 PM More reviews by meikii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Pros: Very good coverage. Love this coverage. Almost hide all my blemishes. Look very smooth from far away.

Cons: Leave my skin with weird patches when closed up. I tried 2 times one time with just my moisturizer and second time with primer. Doesn't work look really weird. A little cakey but I won't mind.

NOT FOR ME.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2010 5:36:00 AM More reviews by JeanetteRose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First the good things - The color is good and matches my fair skin, which is a plus. The brush is the softest thing ever and feels SO good. Now the bad - The powder makes me look older and oilier at the same time. I don't have big pores and after I put this on I look like I do. I wanted to try this mineral make-up since it has a decent SPF and claims to be "ageless." I look older and shiny, so oh well. Back to Chanel double perfection powder. I love it, but it's still heavier than I would like.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by dcolesco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love, love, love. I've used BE exclusively for approx. 7 years, but I'm switching as soon as I finish my stash. I have combination skin and tend to get a little oily midday. The BE is easy to touch up, but the oil from my face would almost eat the makeup away. It also gathered in my few facial lines. The Lancome actually moves with your skin. Its a more "elastic" finish if that makes any sense. The staying power is far better for my skin and it doesn't cake in my smile lines.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2009 5:04:00 PM More reviews by ozone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am consistently searching a good mineral powder foundation that gives me medium coverage, matching color (not turing orange), dewy (not greasy) looking and oil controlling benefits. Lancome meets most of my request except I look so greasy after 3 hours. I put Lancome mineral veil on top to set the power, hopfully it would last longer without blotting my face. However, not helpul at all.
    I would recommend this powder to people who has normal to dry skin, not even combination to oily like mine. Other than that, Lacome mineral powder is one of the smoothest, best color matching and coverage mineral powder foundation in the market.
    I have tired BM, Pur Mineral, Laura Mercier, Cover FX. So far, I love Cover FX the most.
    Edit: using the setting powder in the same line solve the greasy issue. I find that when I use mineral power, still need another mineral setting powder on top. It is weired to set my powder foundation with another setting powder, but this way works the best, I guess it I want to use mineral powder, it is my trade off.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by fancyxamy

i am totally in the same boat as the reviewer a little farther back, wondering why i keep trying mineral foundations when they are just not suitable for my skin type. without fail, every single one accentuates my giant pores, melts off during the day and just looks really obvious. unfortunately this one was no exception.

to be fair though, this one had the most positive attributes of any mineral foundation ive ever tried which was why i got a little trigger happy and bought the whole kit with the two foundation shades, setting powder and brush.

the pros:
    +super minimal ingredients list. yes, bismuth is listed, but only under the "may contain" section, so its not a major player.
    +the spf 21 which is just titanium.
    +as others have mentioned, it is more matte than many other MINERAL foundations, however in the scheme of all makeup, its still got a touch of that famous mineral sheen that is not flattering on those with large pores.
    +THE COLOR SELECTION. this is my weakness. if i can find a perfect color match in something (which rarely happens) ill pretty much just buy it on principle alone. ivory 20 is a great match for cool, fair skin tones.
    +the airbrushed, flawless appearance...but only in the lovely, soft, glowy light of dillards' cosmetic department. at night.

the con:
    -how it actually appeared the next day at work. about 30 minutes after application, i looked like i was ready for my midday blot. soon after that, i mindlessly scratched an itch on my cheek and was horrified when i looked in a mirror later and saw a huge streak where my finger had lifted color. and through it all my pores appeared enlarged and extra obvious.

in conclusion, if mineral foundations typically work for you, this is probably one of the best around. and if they dont, resist the temptation! this one is gonna strike out just like all the others.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2009 5:27:00 PM More reviews by elena85

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been on the hunt for a foundation that is sheer, decreases the look of my pores, and makes me look flawless without looking like makeup for quite some time. I have tried LM's and Stila's tinted moisturizer, Laneige's foundation and Chanel's teint innocence. They all did their job okay but they would settle into my pores and they just were not giving me the finish I wanted. I read the reviews about this product here and on other websites and decided to give it a go. The SA color matched me and I loved the finish. I am fair to light but with yellow undertones and the Ivory 30 was perfect for me. It brought warmth to my face and was so pretty. It makes the pores on my nose look invisible and leaves a beautiful glow without being shimmery. I bought the introductory set which includes the foundation, the brush, and the setting powder. For $60, it was a good deal since the foundation by itself was $40.

Update: Maybe because its winter, my skin is drier but the powder does not look smooth going on anymore. I have switched to a heavier moisturizer and use a primer and the finish looks too powdery for me. In addition, I have noticed that the color oxidizes after several hours or turns orange. I don't reach for this as much, maybe when its warmer I'll give it another go but at this point I would not buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2009 2:26:00 PM More reviews by JenneVonH

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this foundation! So comfy and pretty on my skin....took a few tries to find the perfect color...My only prob is that for the price of it, you don't get a helluva lot of the product....ran out way too quickly. But will buy again when there is a GWP available. Best to use it with the Lancome brush too, it's super soft and provides perfect coverage.