Clinique Even Better Makeup SPF 15

3.7

Octinoxate 6%, Zinc Oxide 3.5%, Titanium Dioxide 2.9% Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Triethylhexanoin, Butylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Extract, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Citrus Jabara Peel Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Trametes Versicolor Extract, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Sodium Mannose Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Myristoyl Sarcosinate, Methicone, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone Crosspolymer-3, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Lecithin, Laureth-7, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Sodium Chloride, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide. [ /- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)]

on 10/9/2014 10:48:00 AM

My HG current foundation, but not my "for ever-HG" foundation. I use number 6-honey colour. I helps to cover my forehead melasma without feeling too "make-uped", as I like to appear or go make-up free. However, this colour looks a bit too yellow and dark on me. I only use this foundation on special occasions and not everyday, as I feel it would break me out. Of course I don't believe the "miracle fading dark spots effect" the company defends with daily continuous use... I feel it would only increase my mild acne with such use! I'm on my second tube and for now and in those conditions, I like it. However, I'll try next Sisley oil-free foundation, following fav MakeupAlley reviews.

on 10/7/2014 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Light coverage but enough, not really for dry skin so regularly doesn't work for me stand alone, found that using a sunblock underneath fix it. Not really sure about the color correcting functions.
So far not bad reactions with it (almost every foundation I've tried break me out but this and Bourjois Healthy mix serum).
The color range is wide so it's easier to find a match.

on 9/29/2014 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have very oily/acne prone skin with occasional dryness that comes from prescription acne creams.

PROS:
-Looks natural
-Medium coverage, but very easy to layer without looking cakey
-I don't usually use a concealer over my acne with this, because I can just add a little more
foundation and it will cover my spots/acne scars very well
-Does not make me break out
-Does not clog my pores
-Does not cling to my dry spots

CONS:
-This is not a good foundation for those with oily skin. Even with a setting powder, my face gets oilier than McDonalds fries after an hour with this foundation
-With my oily skin, the foundation also moves all over the place, and comes off on my blotting papers
-Can be a bit difficult to find the right shade. I am very pale and during the winter there is no Clinique foundation that fits my skin color well

OVERALL:
I really love this foundation and it's beautiful for those with dry-normal skin, but I can not go on using it because of my incredibly oily skin.

I wanted to love this product, I was so excited when it finally arrived in the mail, but it does not live up to it's hype. I have dry combination skin with an uneven tone. My skin is quite fair, but when using the matching tool I was matched to Ivory. I figured that was fine since I'm Classic Ivory in Maybelline, and they looked to be fairly similar shades.

Too bad this foundation is horribly dark. It was much darker than it initially appeared, and oxidized to a horrible orange shade! It also settled into my pores and dry patches terribly! I thought at first it was my moisturizer but I gave it a second go with a primer and, though it wasn't as bad, it was nowhere near flawless. My face looked better without it. Never trying a Clinique foundation again, I'll stick to their moisturizers.

on 7/16/2014 2:12:00 PM

This is a good foundation, the one i like the most of the other foundations i have (mac face and body, bourjois healthy mix and vichy dermablend corrective foundation). It oxidises like crazy, to fix that you have to press-press, not wipe- a tissue on your face right after applying it. This removes any extra foundation and prevents it from oxidizing. It lasts all day on my combination skin (in the summer, with slight perspiration in the humidity and sun) and covers well (medium coverage).
I won't be buying it again if i ever run out of it, because i want to try other foundations to find the one i like the best.

I love this foundation! I would recommend this to ANYONE! It goes on very thin, but has a lot of coverage! I have lots of acne, and this never looks like I've caked it on. One of my all time favorites!

on 7/13/2014 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using clique even better foundation for nearly 6 months now! I went to the clinque stand and was given a 7 day sample for me to try! Over 2 weeks later I was still using the sample pot, something that I was so surprised at and the only reason I had to thrown it away still with foundation in it was that I smashed the pot it came in! Previously I was using a lot of foundation all be it a cheaper one just to gain a smooth all over coverage! I also had a problem with foundation " falling off " I would put a full face of foundation on an within a hour it was coming off, It looked like I hadnt bothered! I even spent money on primers even a Dior one this didn't seem to make a difference!
Now back to the clinque, after I used the sample I went back and bought a bottle I think it's 03 ivory as I'm really pale! The colour match I have to say is really good sometimes foundation can look a little orange but this doesn't! Also a little goes a long way I find myself not having to use as much as before! I get a nice coverage and it makes my skin look dewy which with dry skin like mine a near miracle! I do use clinque face wash etc so this might be a reason why things work so well together! My biggest problem with foundation was that it came off quickly, this is probably he best foundation Ive used, I does come off but it usually lasts a lot longer so I can't really complain!

on 7/11/2014 6:52:00 PM

I love this foundation ! I'm prone to breakouts and this one does not make me breakout at all ! It offers decent coverage without making it feel heavy or caked on. I don't think it does very much for improving skin tone but it's great as a foundation in itself. The colour matches really well too !

on 7/9/2014 3:48:00 PM

I used 2 bottles of this foundation, and will continue using it, I don't know about the "even better" claim that it will even out your skin tone, but this definitely does its job well at covering acne scars and imperfections, but it can be pretty natural looking too if u use light amount. I like the fact that it has SPF and doesn't break my skin out...No I must say that the fact that it doesn't break me out is a number one fact that makes me keep going back to this foundation over and over...I think Clinique makes good makeup that don't seem to be troublesome to breakout skin..I also tried their Acne Solution foundation but that one is a bit more heavy, also it made my skin dry out because it has Salicylic Acid in it so I stopped using that and switched to this one...This one seems to fit my skin better...I think it's not a good idea to put Salicylic in makeup products like foundation, if I want to treat my skin I would use skin care, not foundation, and too much salicylic acid all together will cause skin irritating..

This foundation though, can be cakey at times when I used it a lot, but now I just use it very light to help cover some small acne scars that I have left, so I have no problems with it, wil keep using it until I found something better, but for now, I'm happy with it..

on 7/2/2014 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I am huge fan of most clinique foundtions and thsi is one of my favorites. The Even Better foundtion has a nice full covergae without being overtly matte. I am acne prone so lumious foundations only make the uneven parts of my skin standout, but I hate that cakey or super matte look, I still want it to look like skin. This product does that very thing. I am able to cover my acne and still have a nice semi matte finnish that gives dimension to my face. The price point to me is worth is for the product and how long it last.