October 20, 2014 | 1988 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Even Better Makeup SPF 15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by jaaanet2

Praise Clinique for coming up with such a brilliant thing! So I have acne issues and after using their Acne Solutions Foundations I thought I would give this one a try in an attempt to somewhat lighten up my acne scars. Now I know this wouldn't be a miracle worker, because lets face it is make-up it's not going to suddenly erase my scars with a couple of uses. However, I do love this foundation. It provides such good coverage which is grrrrreat for my "battle wounds". I add this with their even better concealer and I hide so much imperfections its amazing! It applies easily, doesn't leave my skin too oily, and its doesn't feel thick or cakey, its just overall great. In all honesty, I can't really tell if it has lighten my scars, because I have been using products to lighten them, but they are lighter so it must be a good combo or something. And it matches my skin very well.

And the spf is such a great bonus!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 11:06:00 AM More reviews by FunNut

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is my favorite makeup ever, hands down. The coverage is great, application is super smooth, it lasts all day and into the night. The SPF 15 is an added bonus, but I always apply an SPF 30 or higher sunscreen before putting on makeup anyway. I've used Clinique foundations for many years, this one is the best ever.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2014 10:40:00 AM More reviews by aubreytonra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this makeup. I really did. As a 23 year old who has been strugging with mild (but annoying) acne and blackheads for about a decade, I was very happy when the Clinque Acne Solutions system really helped to clear up my acne and blackheads. I decided to purchase this to help cover some mild acne scars and even my skin tone.

Unfortunately, within a week or so of use, this product gave me about a dozen swollen, painful cystic acne blemishes, with lots of smaller breakouts all around my lower cheeks and jawline.

I really do love everything else about this product - consistency, coverage, long-lasting. It feels great and does offer great coverage But, if you are acne prone like myself, take caution with this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2014 8:43:00 AM More reviews by yummymummy2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Shades are all too dark.
I have found it impossible to buy Clinique foundations since they discontinued my staple- Repair Wear ( old formula) in Alabaster.

I was tempted by this due to the reasonable coverage and chose Linen which was advised as the lightest shade. Sadly it's too yellow-orange. Perhaps there is a better shade- don't know! I asked to try Cream Rose but was told- in large Boots store- that this was not available and might be only available in larger stores like Selfridges.

I can use a tiny bit- light covering- in high summer but it's really too dark for me. If there was a paler shade then this might work- nice coverage, slightly dewy finish and lasts for a reasonable time.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2014 8:38:00 AM More reviews by jessstad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm "15 minutes in the sun without sunblock and I'm burned" pale, and I have a really hard time finding makeup that doesn't look ridiculous with my skin tone... So the SPF in this caught my eye, but this one is another disappointment. It matches alright when it first comes out of the bottle, but dries darker, making it look very unnatural and require a lot of blending - and it doesn't seem to blend that well, either. It's also doing nothing for my desert-dry skin. As I'm getting towards the end of the bottle, the packaging is also becoming annoying, spitting like a ketchup bottle. I've had more luck with the cheap 2 Euro brands here in Austria, so this is just not worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 4:46:00 AM More reviews by Marie76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a creamy liquid foundation. The container dispenses just the right amount. It feels fresh and not too rich on the skin, and it's so gentle it almost makes skin feel more comfortable with it on. Coverage is medium, I still need concealer on the days I wake up with dar circles inder my eyes. I 've used it for the last 4 months with Clinique's laser focus serum and pigmentation under my right eye/ right cheek has diminished. I am ghost pale, and when wearing too light foundation I can look almost ill, however I was matched to alabaster for this range and it gives me a very lovely, natural looking glow. I wear it Mon to Friday for work, and reserve my beloved Sisley and Laser focus foundation for weekends and nights out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by soonbslim

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love, love, love this foundation. I am on my second bottle, which is actually a first for me. I have relatively good skin. This gives just the right amount of coverage, and it is moisturizing enough that it does not cling to every line. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by taramarie21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is by far my favorite foundation . I have gone through several bottles. It gives a beautiful glow/ satin finish . I would say medium coverage but it is build able. I would definitely set with powder or it can look too glowy. Great for those with naturally good skin bc it enhances without covering up too much. Great for redness as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by HWL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have a love /hate relationship with this product.. My main gripe is I am between shades (NC20). No 1 is very pale and pinky and doesn't cover well and oxidizes very pink. No 2 is more golden in the undertones, but can still oxidize in towards orange. But No 3 Ivory is nice, but a touch too tan, but oxidizes to lighter. Ivory is wearable, but not the perfect match.. It does have some luminosity w/o being really dewy or greasy. No breakouts. It say the coverage is medium to full. whave redness and this helps hide it. It's not especially hydrating, but it's not drying either. This can streak with a brush, so use fingers or a kabuki briush or beauty blender to apply. I go back to this for the coverage and because it never irritates my skin or gives me a breakout.

Pluses: Good coverage; some luminosity; no breakouts; not drying, doesn't settle into lines, not greasy, has some SPF

Downside: Doesn't cover redness,dark circles or breakouts; colors oxidize in bad ways.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

Really not loving this foundation very much. I have this in the shade 01 alabaster as this was what I was matched to at the counter. When I used the supermoisture makeup I was in the shade 02 linen, which whilst I enjoyed the foundation was a little too yellow toned for me. Anyway, I use Clinique as it is a brand that is perfect for sensitive skin, however this was most definitely a let down for me. For starters, I am very fair, so I liked the sound of the shade being alabaster because that is a very pale colour. However as soon as I put it on it looked orange. Definitely not what you want when you pay £24 for a tiny bottle of product and are expecting it to be perfectly matched to your skin tone. It doesn't look so bad when it is blended out, but it leaves an orange mark around my hairline which is deeply annoying, even after much buffing out it doesn't work well. It also makes me look overly shiny even though I have dry skin, and tends to fall off my face during the day, meaning you'd need to reapply to make it wearable. It also quite sheer and doesn't offer a great deal of coverage, so whilst I'm not really a lover of full coverage I do like to get it to at least a medium. Will definitely not be buying again.