November 22, 2014 | 1807 users online

Liquid - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup SPF 20 (2009 formulation)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2010 9:04:00 AM More reviews by Princessbel

I was so exited to get this foundation from the US! so I am really sad that this foundation didnt entirely work for me =[
Pros: it has an awesome finish, i love it because it makes my skin look amazing!!
Cons: it broken me out so badly!!! im not even prone to break-outs so this really suprised me, i gave the foundation a week try and i got such bad massive acne break-outs that lasted over a week!! :(

im shattered! but ill keep looking for my HG

xoxo

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2010 2:30:00 AM More reviews by ohhellojanie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this to replace my Revlon Colorstay, which I loved but decided I needed to stop using because it contained too many comedogenic ingredients. After researching the contents of the Neutrogena foundation I decided it was a much better choice. I was apprehensive about the dewy finish I kept hearing about because I have combination skin, but on me this doesn't really have a dewy finish, it's more satin to matte. It feels light on the skin but provides really good coverage without feeling or looking cakey and is easy to blend (I use the ELF powder brush to stipple it on). The color I use is 40 Nude and is a good match for my NC20-25 skin. This foundation is expensive for a drugstore foundation but I waited for Neutrogena to go on a 40% off sale, which happens fairly regularly if you wait it out, and used a coupon.

EDIT: Still loving this foundation in all seasons. It's my go-to foundation when I want coverage that looks natural and feels lightweight and comfortable. It also doesn't clog my pores (a problem I had with Revlon CS). I've tried several other foundations since my first bottle of Healthy Skin and nothing looks as natural and feels as light. It's my favorite drugstore foundation. The only thing that NEEDS to be improved is the addition of a pump! I'm going to write to Neutrogena about it, and other fans of this foundation should too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by ildyinredi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG!!! Just as good as Nars Sheer Glow!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2010 3:15:00 AM More reviews by auramei

Not for combination or oily skin. As others have said, this foundation looks very natural and can be compared to Nars Sheer Glow. I have both and have worn them enough to tell you that while both have a "dewy" finish, Neutrogena is not as long lasting as Nars SG. I live in a dry and hot desert climate and Neutrogena HSL does not hold up. From 7:30 AM to 11:00 AM, I can already see the makeup "melting" off my skin. It just literally starts sliding off. My face looks great for the first 3 hours, but once it hits 4-5 hour, I start to see "streaks" on my face. Not pretty. However, this foundation will probably be decent on dry and/or normal skin. I will have to try this again once winter starts and update my review.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 1:56:00 PM More reviews by DaniellePaul

I wore Clinique City Base in Alabaster for all my 20s and then it started to break me out and just not sit well on my skin, so I tried a few other Clinique foundations, all of which I hated. I don't want to spend a lot of money on a foundation, so I read a bunch of reviews here and off to the drugstore I went to try the three most well-reviewed. I have dry, moderately sensitive skin that gets shiny on my nose and redness around my jawline. I'm also very pale, with neutral undertones and I don't like a heavy feel, but prefer light coverage. I wore each one for 2 weeks. So here goes:

Revlon ColorStay Makeup with SoftFlex spf 15 in 110 Ivory: I like the way this applied the best. It went on very smooth and blended well. Smells like paint. A little bit dark for my skin tone. Made me break out.

Neutrogena Healthy Skin liquid makeup spf 20 in 20 Natural Ivory: very nice color match and also applied well. Scent is very perfumy and flowery and didn't go away. I could feel this foundation on my skin throughout the day, so not weightless like I prefer. Didn't break out, but tended to get oily. (I may buy this again in the winter if my skin gets too dry with the L'Oreal)

L'Oreal True Match super-blendable makeup spf 17 in neutral n1 soft ivory: I tried this one first and didn't like it because it really shows any patches of dry skin. However it is the one I'm using now because it is so light, but covers well, good color match, no break-outs, no oilies, and I found the scent to be the lightest. This foundation looks a lot better if I take care of my skin and moisturize and exfoliate properly : )

P.S. I also went to the Lancome counter and tried Teint Idole in Intensity 1 Ivoire 2 (C), but just couldn't spend the 40 bucks. And it doesn't have suncreen.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Neutrogena has been known to make products that are not irritating. This one missed the mark completely. Not only did it make my skin itch, it was also very difficult to blend. Although not pricey compared to department store brands, it was on the higher end for drugstore pricing. For a product that was very promising, I ended up returning it to get my full refund back. Thanks but no thanks.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2010 1:00:00 PM More reviews by liltweety

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just bought this at my local drugstore where they had a buy one get one half off, well here I am sitting trying to figure out what shade. So I decided to take the shade that i used for cover girl which was classic ivory and try to match it well i wa back and forth and discovered that nude was my shade. so i was skeptical thinking that i was deceived by the lighting but too my surprise when i tried it with a foundation brush it totally disappeared into my skin. I was so amazed how natural it looked.. i will tell you its light to medium coverage but I really don't think i need to add powder to it because it looks so natural, but that is your preference.

You can even use your fingers to blend too but again its your preference. It has spf20 which is a big plus for me. So for those of you who wear covergirl foundation and want to match a shade try that method. I am not for sure because everyone is different but it worked for me maybe it will work for you....
But i will update you...
update:it is still good but just keep in mind it might accentuate fine lines if put too much on

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2010 3:09:00 AM More reviews by omgitstephy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

quite possibly my favorite drug store foundation! i love the dewiness it gives my skin it just gives me a HEALTHY look. so the name fits it perfectly well. i like the fact that its not heavy on the face so it doesnt make me feel like i have a mask on and i like the fact that it blends extremely well into my skin. my only complaint is that it doesnt ahve a pump and that the color selection isnt that great. ive heard this foundation be compared to nars sheer glow and ive never tried nars sheer glow but ive heard alot of great reviews and comparisons on it and it really is a great drugstore foundation! HG product for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2010 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Paulygirl21

The SPF drew me to this product, although I almost never use liquid foundations anymore. This is a decent enough one, though I think the SPF and antioxidants set it apart from others (EDITED TO ADD: the jar packaging renders the minute amount of antioxidants ineffective). If you're looking for basic liquid coverage with a little something exta, I recommend trying this. Will probably buy again.
UPDATE: Yesterday morning at the dentist office the hygienist told me "Your skin is perfect, you have no blemishes", then jokingly, "I don't like you!". I assured her that my skin is far from blemish-free, but was wearing this (I gladly passed on the name to her). It really does provide a near-flawless finish. For someone who has never had particularly great skin, that was quite a compliment. For that, I'm bumping this up to five-star status and will DEFINITELY continue to purchase.
ADDITIONAL UPDATE: I truly miss this foundation, but haven't repurchased since I saw Paula's review stating that this had the problematic ingredient methylisothiazoline (which kept it from earning her "Paula's Pick" rating). She notes that it is sensitizing and "not recommended for use in leave-on products". Other sources note it as being a toxin. Right around the time I was using this I developed permanently enlarged pores on my cheeks (which I blamed on Olay's reformulated SPF moisturizer). Not sure which one was the culprit, but I'm steering clear of this, regardless. Because I've noticed that this foundation is listed twice, I will be reposting in the newest listing as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Annaverseable

So my biggest issue with this makeup is that it broke me out. . .twice!!! Healthy skin my butt! I made sure that this was the culprit for my breakout before posting this review. It's a shame since I loved the finish. I wasn't a fan of the packaging though. It's really easy to dump out too much product. My skin just doesn't like the formula and I won't be using it again, ever!