October 31, 2014 | 1087 users online

Foundations - Chanel - Lift Lumiere Fluid

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2011 4:25:00 AM More reviews by sabrunka

Excellent foundation! Really blends into my skin well, and isn't cakey at all! Also gives me a nice healthy glow, and the coverage is about medium-heavy, depending how you apply it. I use the Clair colour and my skin is about NC20? Or maybe NW, either way I have more yellow tones in my skin and I'm in the MAC 20 colour range. I would suggest using a brush to apply this foundation, as it goes on better.

EDIT: So I've been using this foundation a few months now and... I don't really like it anymore! It seems to come off my face very easily, and go on patchy. Also I have been getting horrible clogging on my chin from the foundation! Time to find a new one :(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2011 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Andee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Nordstrom SA made a generous sample for me and I fell in love. Had to have it after wearing it 3 times. It looks so much better than the Le Metier de Beaute I had been using loyally for the past year. Everything everyone says who loves it is true. It melts into your skin and doesn't show on pores which has been my complaint with many foundations including the highly touted Armani and LM. It really lasts. I only need about 1/2 pump for a very generous application. Being a bit thicker than what I had been using, I am using it with a foundation brush and whisking it back and forth to prevent the application looking too heavy. I am using the lightest shade, Faience, which looks very yellow, but on my skin, it is seemless with my neck. It is very moist, so, not sure how comfortable I will be wearing it in the dog days of summer.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 9:10:00 AM More reviews by beatle

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE,LOVE,LOVE THIS FOUNDATION. MY FOUNDATION STARTED TO SETTLED IN THE CREASE BY MY NOSE. I READ THE REVIEWS ON THIS FOUNDATION AND IT IS WONDERFUL. MAKES YOUR SKIN GLOW, GIVES GREAT COVERAGE AND I HAVE HAD OODLES OF COMPLIMENTS SINCE I STARTED WEARING THIS.PRICEY BUT WORTH EVERY PENNY

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by soapylove

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this for my 45 year old aging skin! Its wonderful!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by SweetTartx3

HG foundation for me. amazing coverage. found the perfect match for my skin tone. applies super super easily. matte finish but kinda dewy too. price is outrageous but amazing product! <3

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 4:24:00 AM More reviews by yenshelin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My very close girlfriend kept insisting i try Chanel previously but I was reluctant because of the price as I am still schooling.

My skin is horribly dry sometimes[ dry and flaky] and when I used previous foundations, I could always see flakes of my dead skin showing no matter how much MOISTURIZER I slap on before putting the foundation.

The worst part is, I am living in Singpore where the climate is so warm and humid. Makes no sense why my skin is always so dry.

I bought this foundation by luck because I regretted purchasing a lipstick from Chanel as I had the exact colour in lip gloss. Decided I should give their foundation a try and Went back to the counter to exchange for a foundation.

I am using Clair 20 instead of Ivoire 14 as I have got a rather rosy tone.
I am now in love with this foundation, though I really hope that it wont be so expensive.

Foundations that I have tried before include Kose, Shisedo, Maybelline, Bobbi Brown[worst of them all I had terrible break out because of their two-way cake].

To conclude, I really cant think of any foundations that are better than this as of now. Unless there is a cheaper alternative with the exact coverage and performance, I will switch to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Kayabea

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Excellent product for mature skin. It makes my skin look flawless. I need to use very little to get nice coverage. Lift Lumiere is extremely expensive, but as little as you need to use, it will last a long time. I will definitely purchase this product again.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by shahensha

Absolutely love love love this foundation. I apply it with a stippling brush and have been told that my skin looks flawless when I have this on. I have noticed after applying this my pores are gone, I have sun damage which is also not visible with this and I usually apply concealer but I really dont feel the need to do that with this foundation. I feel like it gives my face a nice coverage its not to heavy but good enough that it hides all my problem areas and lasts all day long. I find that it gives a nice sheen or dewy glowy kind of finish which I really like.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2010 1:56:00 PM More reviews by flybaby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: Although I still love this, I think I am happier with my new method of mixing equal parts of Le Blanc de Chanel with YSL TEINT RESIST Long Wear Transfer Resistant Foundation. This combo has the luminosity of Chanel Lift Lumeire Fluid, but resists transfer better, lasts longer, and I think looks better. It is a slightly sheerer effect though, and if I need to look super polished, I do go back to cover the few dark spots I have with a touch of concealer.

+++++++++++++++++

I have been on the hunt for the perfect foundation. It just doesn't make sense to me that there can be so many out there, and not one of them, until recently, have I loved to the point of considering stocking up on, or telling my friends or daughter about. This one here.... comes close.

As others have noted, this foundation takes about 15 minutes for it to evolve into how it is going to look. I have not found it necessary to put the rest of my makeup application on hold in the interim though.

I use a primer. Right now I'm working my way through a bottle of POP Beauty Face Magnet, and like it fine. After primer, I've found that one pump of this foundation, using the beauty blender sponge, will do my face for Saturday morning type casual effect, and two pumps is what it takes for a more polished look. With the b. blender sponge it goes on quick, looks perfect. I have a smooth marble beverage coaster on my dressing table, and I just squirt the foundation onto it, dab the bb sponge into the puddle, and quickly daub over my entire face. Squirt a second drop onto the coaster, and go over areas which I would like more coverage. My whole face is done in way less than a minute. This is a foundation that, for me, looks better to err on the side of using too little rather than a heavy hand. I do dust my t-zone very lightly with Chantecaille loose powder.

This foundation will last all day. 10 hours+. It does not accentuate pore size, does not settle into fine wrinkles, doesn't transfer, and doesn't oxidize. Whereas the Guerlain Lingerie De Peau looks amazingly like real skin, the Chanel looks like real skin in soft focus. Really nice, and not too anything. Not too matte, not too shiny, no sparkles.

Comparing it to my next favorite foundation, Armani Lasting Silk, it looks every bit as glow-y but gives more coverage. Armani may be a bit more transfer resistant. However, it, although a thinner consistency does not seem to go quite as far as the Chanel.

So, I think I've finally found "my" foundation. I don't intend to try any others until I've finished this bottle out, and really am not dissatisfied with it in any way. I plan to repurchase.

This year, from the end of May through the present, I've tried Smashbox Hi Def (rubbed off too easily, showed my pores too much, returned it) Arden Pure Finish Mineral Makeup, (returned, color issues plus kind of flat looking. Very convenient and easy to use though) Guerlain Parure Gold, (returned it, loved it but my t-zone was too oily for it) Guerlain Lingerie de Peau Invisible Skin-Fusion Foundation, (returned it, color match issues mostly. Also probably too sheer ), Armani Lasting Silk UV Foundation SPF20, (LOVE it, did not return it, but its a bit too sheer. ok for summer months when I'm using foundation darker than my actual skin tone), & lastly, L'Oreal Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup, Prepared to love it, but didn't. Returned it, and yes, Target will take back opened bottles, no questions asked, or at least in my experience.

23 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2010 11:54:00 PM More reviews by socalgal59

I use Chanel Lift Lumiere Beige 40 maybe four or five times a month. This foundation intensifies my large pores, but when I finish with the Bobbi Brown powder (soft sand 5), I can achieve both fabulous color and finish. Overall, not my favorite foundation as it takes a lot of work to achieve the look I want.

Alone the color doesn't work for me; finished with the Bobbi Brown soft sand 5, the color comes alive--it gives me the beautiful glow of a bronzed tan. Problem is, it takes a lot of building to get the finish as the foundation settles into my pores and really intensifies them. So this foundation is really time consuming.