July 30, 2014 | 2024 users online

Powder - Elizabeth Arden - Pure Finish Mineral Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2010 3:31:00 PM More reviews by conniecorn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

i have only been using this a short time, but its nice...however, if you are looking for coverage you will need to do a few things with this to get that coverage. i used a sponge, and i dampen it and i get much better coverage. without this technique i would not like this makeup at all, way too little coverage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 2:48:00 AM More reviews by Donnz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this mineral make up. I'm on my second grinder and colour number 2 is the best match for my skin. It has only really a sheer coverage and does not hide my sun damage but it evens out the colour of my skin and looks so natural. I wear it every day with Clinique's redness mineral powder underneath and it looks wonderful. It doesn't look white in photos or under harsh lighting and lasts very well while exercising - I'm a dancer and it's perfect for an hours! I bought the mineral brush seperately and it does a great job of blending the powder in to a matte finish.

My only gripe is that they need refils!! How silly is it to need to buy an entire plastic with grinder holder - what a waste! Come on Liz! Get a little green will you?!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2010 9:23:00 AM More reviews by mcnachin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

The coverage is not as good as I hoped, as my dark circles can still be seen, and it doesn't help to minimise pores. holding power is around 4 hours, which is ok. it's an acceptable alternative to liquid foundation, especially since i'm in a humid region.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2010 2:17:00 PM More reviews by murphy817

It took awhile for me to warm up to this foundation. I used to use mmu powder foundations in the past, but I feel that powder mmu is the absolute hardest foundation to acheive HG status. I saw positive reveiws on this and wanted to try it out. At first, I couldn't get the hang of applying it right. I originally used the puff that came with it and the finish was cakey. I hate that stupid puff! I than tried to apply it w/ a powder brush and the coverage was too light. Finally, I tried using a small kabuki brush and that did the trick. Overall, this foundation is light coverage. I applied about 3 layers and it still didn't cover undereye circles or acne/scars. You will need a concealer under this. Also, I found that it didn't cover the redness around my nose and forehead that well. Also, this will look cakey on dry patches of your skin. I advise that you use a moisturizer first when using this. Along w/ the concealer and moisturizer, I love the finished effect. Also, after doing 3 hours of chores, I didn't need to touch up my t-zone.
**EDIT** It broke me out badly after using it everyday for one week. Also, the color #3 looks a bit ashy on me and #4 was too dark. I have to get rid of this :( I even got a zit on my eyebrow and forehead which I never get zits there.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2010 12:11:00 PM More reviews by Hannnna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I went to the counter for elizabeth arden, the lady immediatly tried to sell 5 things to me...(that was really annoying) Originally, I was looking for a mascara, but got the Lancome oscillrating mascara instead (which i hated and returned after a week). But I guess the lady was a good salesperson, because I ended up getting this powder. I like the light finish, but the coverage isn't very good. I use this to set my liquid foundation and it works really nice, but touch ups are needed after 5~6 hours.It covers my pores nicely, doesn't look cakey (but i can't build it up without getting flakey) and i like how 'clean' it feels. I use the shade 02 and I don't think its the best match for me, but I can live with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 7:46:00 AM More reviews by lostdiver6

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am a liquid foundation user, but use a powder to help me feel "complete". I love this powder, from the packaging to product, I have no complaints. It 'sets' naturally, doesn't clump or sit in my wrinkles. I thought of trying smashbox since it is suppose to be more moisturizing, until I read the reviews. I'll stick with pure finish.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2009 8:06:00 PM More reviews by jacknjewel

I am a BE user but decided to try some different products to see if I liked anything better. I am a BE Medium and I used 04 in this line. Although it looked darker it was looked exactly like BE medium when applied. It was an okay mineral make-up. I found that it did not provide as much coverage as BE so I ended up having to use more to cover. It also sometimes made my skin itch. Overall it was fine - but did not like as much and went back to my old line.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by SophieCullen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Packaging
Like Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Face Powder, it comes in a compact with a mirror, powder puff and built-in grinder inside. The lid closes securely like the way I'd prefer.

The foundation itself is a pressed powder. You just simply turn the grinder to release the amount of foundation powder needed.

I like the fact that the compact is sturdy and handy, which makes it very convenient to travel with and touch up without spilling the powder all everywhere.

However, the puff is not fluffy enough for my liking. When I am applying it, I feel it is a little bit rough on my face.

Color

02 is the second lightest shade and it is an ivory beige without any pink undertones. The color is a nice match for my fairly light skin tone. On the other hand, 04 is a medium beige. It is a great darker shade foundation to contour my face.

Texture

The powder is finely-milled, and has a silky smooth and lightweight texture. It feels moisturizing and comfortable on the skin.

Coverage

Pure Finish Mineral Powder Foundation is blendable and buildable. It gives a sheer to medium coverage, depending on the amount you apply.

It does not cover my imperfections like redness, freckles and pores completely. But I think it is common in mineral foundation makeup, which is known for providing a natural-looking and light finish than full coverage.

Finish

The powder foundation gives a soft-focus, matte finish. It imparts a matte luminosity as the powder settles in my skin in half hour. It doesn't look powdery or heavy when more layers are applied.

Lasting Power

The oil control is fine. It does require a few touch-ups during the day in warm weather. For people with combination and oily skin, I would recommend to use a foundation primer or setting powder with oil controlling properties.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2009 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Elle02

Best Mineral Powder, best foundation of any kind, on the market. I look so much better with this powder. I actually use the puff it came with , not a brush. It is so fast and fool proof. My husband, 2 friends, mom and even my brother (!) commented on my skin and rested, glowy, great, etc. that I look. HA! I look the same, it is this powder. It really does make me look better, and my skin looks like someone elses. I was SO LUCKY to try this. I have tried everything out there, and was constantly disappointed. The number 4 is perfect, so neutral that I can even wear lipsticks that looked awful on me before because they clashed with my tone.

This is my HG, which I have never had before. I will sob it it is ever discontinued. I really will. You should try it if you want a soft focus, very long lasting, super natural and very gorgeous look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2009 6:03:00 PM More reviews by AxlsRose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I would like to try this product with a better brush than the kabuki brush that I have as I felt that I couldnt apply this product properly with it. However, I like the product, it looks nice and lasts well. The best thing though is that since I began using this mineral powder (and did not use regular foundation or powder AT ALL) I notice the huge change in my skin. No breakout, not even the usual mandatory pre menstrual pimple and much smoother skin. Wont be going back to regular foundation and powder. That said, I was not impressed with the two months or so that this lasted. Maybe it was the brush I was using I suspect it was wasting the powder, but I would still like to experiment with Youngblood mineral makeup which I have tried once and liked. I will try the Youngblood and then decide between the two which one I prefer. I do find that the EA one does become shiny on a hot day after a few hours. I like the option of the Rice powder for helping to stop shine that the Yblood offers so another reason that I want to experiement. Overall, I really like this product and would buy again, unless I find that the Youngblood is much better.