Kinky Curly Knot Today leave-in conditioner

4.1

organic Mango fruit extract, organic slippery elm, organic marshmallow root, organic lemongrass, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, citric acid, phenoxyethanol and natural fragrance

on 8/30/2012 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I love this product. Since I have been natural, I've switched out many products without ever repurchasing. I have repurchased this product numerous times. I think I have 4B/C hair (still don't get this typing thing) and it gets really dry, this helps a lot. I typically use this while my hair is still very wet and then put some shea butter (warmed in my hands) on my hair before sealing with coconut oil. I have tried other leave-in conditioners and this has worked the best for me. I do wish that a larger size was sold in retail locations (at this time you can get a 32oz online for $44).

on 7/15/2012 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Uhg no. This is a rubbish product. The smell is nice, fruity and tropical. But the product is useless. No matter what amount I used, whether on soaking wet, towel-dried, or dry hair, it made my hair dull, stiff, and frizzy. I found it had little slip and was difficult to distribute evenly. And the price is tantamount to highway robbery. There are much better products out there I think. Alba Botanica and Giovanni both do far superior leave-ins, IMO.

on 6/21/2012 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Yeahhhh, I don't know about this one. Maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance. I returned it after one use. I have a few inches of 4c new growth and this really did nothing for me. For that price I was expecting to be more impressed, but meh...not so much. Now to detangle I mix Tressame naturals conditioner, Africa's Pride moisturizer, Giovanni's direct leave in and water in a spray bottle. It works wonders, roots detangle like a dream.

on 6/16/2012 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Honestly this is a pretty good detangler for my 4a/b/c hair. I had to use a lot of the product to make it work for me but it did its job. I will not repurchase because the amount I have to use to detangle my hair, I will need a gallon size jug and that will price me out into buying it.

This conditioner is a case of over hype. This is your regular run of the mill conditioner. Suave performed just as well at a fraction of the price.

on 3/28/2012 6:38:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I tried this for the first time yesterday and just--wow. I had walked into Ricky's needing something to calm my fine, colortreated, 3a/b hair, which had been washed and air-dried. Smoothed this in and--again, wow. All of a sudden I had shiny, smooth, soft compliant locks that I could twist and wave to my heart's content--I feel like a mermaid! Can't stop running my fingers through. Also helped detangle my daughter's fine, straight but very knot-prone hair, and gave i body. Love the retro packaging and that it doesn't have unpronounceable chemicals.
I can see how this might not be moisturizing enough for thicker, thirstier hair, but for people with my persnickety texture, which is dry but also easily weighed down, I am VERY impressed.

on 3/8/2012 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I swore I'd never buy Kinky Curly. I felt that the prices were outrageous and they were taking advantage of the natural hair girls. BUT, I kept hearing about Knot Today being a great detangler. I was in a Target that it so I bought it. Let me just say that the bottle looks waaayyyy bigger on the internet! I used it on my daughter's mixed 3 and 4 hair and it was like magic! She has a lot of hair and is tender headed. This stuff just let the comb glide through like magic! I'm going to keep a bottle of this stuff just for her. I guess I'll do an update when I actually use it. But for the mommy's, I'd recommend you buy this for your kid. I wish they had this when I was a kid!

For my all type 4 hair, this works, but I have to use too much. I like it and I will buy again for my daughter, but this is too much money for my hair. I'd have to buy a bottle every month.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOOOOOOOOVE this! This is GREAT with the Curling Custard. This gets my tangles out and has amazing slip. It's not too moisturizing, but it doesn't make me greasy, so I can use this as my conditioner wash. To make it more moisturizing for my hair, I add a few drops of argan oil. I haven't had such a great hair day in forever :)

EDIT- It's March, and I am still loving it. I have even stocked up with a second bottle! I changed my usage a bit, though. I don't conditioner wash anymore, but I use the Kinky-Curly Come Clean shampoo and add some coconut oilnto it to make it less stripping. I add a ton of this, detangle, then scrunch in some KCCC. :)

EDIT- It's May, and I haven't used this since mid April I found the Kinky-Curly line didn't work at all for my hair anymore. The shampoo was too drying, this didn't compensate for the lost moisture, and the custard made my hair crunchy. I gave it away to my friend, though, and she really likes it! I use Darcy's Botanicals now, which is a lot better if you want soft, bouncy curls :)

on 2/1/2012 10:40:00 PM

I have blonde, wavy, coarse, dry hair. My aunt uses this stuff like crazy because she has reallly curly hair... i had previsouly been using garnier conditioning cream, or it's a ten miracle leave in (which are both great). I know that kinky curly is geared more toward bi-racial, or ethnic hair. However, I figured I would give this stuff a try. I was a bit hesisant as I thought it would maybe weigh my hair down a little ( I am using it as a leave in). I WAS WRONG. It did not weigh it down a bit. It actually left my hair more flowy looking if that makes any sense. I like it though, the smell, and also it just glides right through your hair when applying. It's a little pricey at 12 dollars a bottle, but the ingredients in this stuff make me realize why, and I am willing to pay. I love that it's organic. Would def repurchase....

hint: Also try using as a rinse out conditioner, it gives great slip !

on 1/19/2012 10:17:00 AM

I use this after KC Tiny Twirls shampoo on my biracial daughter's moderately thick, very dry, 3C curls. I don't rinse it out, I work dime size amounts through it while it is still very damp to detangle with minimal pain and discomfort for my daughter. It's not a very heavy leave-in conditioner by any stretch and she needs product over it (usually KC Curling Custard) or her hair has lost it's defined curl pattern and is frizzing eight hours later but it works great in place of a rinse-out conditioner for my daughter.

Popular Hair Products