October 22, 2014 | 979 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2013 3:43:00 AM More reviews by adhisty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I really love my revlon colorstay pencil liner, it's very black and glides on easily although it doesn't stay long but i have oily eyelids so i can't really complain. But this, I don't know. The color doesn't come from the tip of the pen which is really hard to put it on your eyelids evenly. The consistency is rather thick so it's kinda messy when you want to remove it. I'm so disappointed with this, I'd rather try another pen eyeliner even though it'll be more expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by cnaska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this eyeliner! Great convenient packaging and has a harder felt tip which is easy to control. Dries fast and does not smudge! My last liquid liner was the Maybelline Precise and I also use the Urban Decay 24/7 glide on pencil liner, the Body Shop rich brown pencil liner and all would smudge. The Revlon one doesn't, for some reason. Bought it for $11 and I think it's really worth the price.

Edit: Runs out of ink quite easily due to the packaging. Still decent but not as consistent or black as before. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2013 2:31:00 AM More reviews by hyukluv3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely don't get why this pen is getting bad reviews. My packaging looks different a tad so maybe it's newer and thus better cuz I love it. It's a basic pen liner with a nice width and it goes on smooth and not flaky at all. Mine is in the darkest black and it is true to color. I have used it several times now and I really like it. Will buy it again for sure ~ p.s I am an eyeliner snob. I wear it constantly, mainly 60's style and such and have been for years, so I'd say I know a thing or two.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2013 8:03:00 AM More reviews by neevebabyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

At Priceline i was getting the beauty bag offer where if you spend over $60 on selected brands you got a bag of goodies so i decided to pick this up as Revlon was one of those brands.

I just really feel mascaras and eyeliners aren't Revlon's strongest point. I think this is a great liquid liner for people learning to do their makeup because its so easy to get a nice precise line but it just didn't impress me.

I got the colour (blackest black) but to me it was more of a grey it just wasnt dark enough, it fades quite alot during the day which is annoying, theres no way of adding more product to the brush (like some liquid liners have a twist method or something at the bottom) so i feel like it would run out quickly and it was $25AUS which is really expensive for a drugstore product especially when it just isn't that good. I won't be re-purchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by mizzmkay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's an OK liner for beginners. The black just seems like dark gray that keeps on fading throughout the day. I have oily lids & this transferred into my crease! Super embarrassing!! Plus it's kind of pricey for a DS eyeliner. $10 CAD.

Will not repurchase!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by GothicsDarkAngeI

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased the "Blackest Black"....at best mine is chocolate brown.

I only gave it a 2 because I like the felt tip.

It was $10..that is expensive to me for a DS eyeliner.

Would NOT repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by kmciolli

I really like this eyeliner.

The black pigment is very strong. The product is easy to hold and handle. I like how you can make the line thin or thick depending on how you hold the pen.

This is a very neat and non-messy/stressful way to apply eyeliner!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Hannahbby2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was looking through my reviews, and I couldn't believe I haven't written a review for this eyeliner yet! I'm so confused by the low rating.. this has been my HG liquid eyeliner for about 3 years now. I do winged eyeliner just about every single day, and this eyeliner is the best I've found so far. It's so quick, so easy, and the formula is awesome! I never have a problem with smudging or transfer with this liner. Also, I think this lasts a really long time. I've repurchased several times, and I've never come across one that has problems with pigmentation or being dried out.

Like anything else, this product will work for some and won't work for others. I'll always recommend this liner though!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by QTpii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've had this pen for quite a while now, and at first I really hated it. It seemed like it was really diluted, and didn't come out a true black. I stopped using it, but decided to try it again recently. Somehow, it actually comes out blacker now, but it seems like I have to press really hard, as if I'm almost scratching my eyeball. Overall, not too impressed with it, although it does seem to last awhile after applied, so I'll continue using it until it runs out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Deandra

I bought a factory-sealed package yet even upon the first application it seemed dried out, like an old used Sharpie with a lost cap. I tried using it 3 more times, and finally, thinking that shaking or repositioning might deliver more product to the tip of the marker, gave up when it leaked black all over my hand and bathroom sink. A complete disappointment.