Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power - Cream Wash

3.4

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 21, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, Panthenol, Cucumis Sativa (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Menthol, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Yellow 5, Green 5, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Fragrance

on 9/12/2012 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Everything about this product shouldn't work for me- low ratings, creaminess, doesn't completely remove makeup- but it really does. There's something magical about it that makes my skin perfectly happy and clear. I used this for years and was lured away by fancier products with lofty claims. My adult acne became terrible. In desperation, I reached for this old fave and it came through again. After months of breakouts, within three days my skin became clear. I use a toner afterwards and to remove what makeup is left behind. Yet, it still works better than thorough cleansers! I can't explain it, so I'll just be grateful. I have mature combination skin that reacts to stress and products. Perhaps this product is better suited for reviewers like me. I love this and won't stray until it's discontinued! UPDATE: Still loving this dependable old gem, but I found a better solution for nighttime makeup removal- the Stress Control scrub. I use the scrub at night and the cream wash in the morning. Surprisingly still the best cleansers for my 30s acne-prone, combination skin! Beats everything from Skinceuticals and Estee Lauder.

on 8/25/2012 11:51:00 AM

I didn't expect much from this product, because overall Neutrogena's products have never done anything for me. However, this product gave me impressive results. I can only use salicylic acid on my chin/nose area (which I discovered recently) and this product rose to the occassion. It took out most of my zit bumps ( I don't know what they're actually called, they're just these neutral toned bumps I get) and pustules eventually stopped coming altogether. I love this product and it keeps all of my acne at bay. I usually wash when I get out of the showers in the morning and I follow up with Aveeno moisturizer. Amazing!

UPDATE: I've been straying away from harsh products recently and when I used this product, it actually broke my skin out. :( I don't use this anymore. It just stopped working and it actually seemed to make things worse.

on 8/12/2012 2:51:00 AM

Ok, so I bought this product about 2 months ago. I washed my face with it for about 2 days until I noticed I had started to break out. I don't usually break out lots but now that I have used this I always break out. It is the worst cleanser I have EVER used :( so 2 months later I'm still trying to get rid of what this has done to me :( DO NOT BUY THIS! I beg you

on 8/9/2012 3:14:00 AM

This is my absolute favorite cleaner. It leaves my skin feeling so amazing and clean. It gradually helps my acne, but my acne isn't very bad. It's great for taking off makeup and oil.

Pros
-Leaves skin feeling nice
-Smells good
-Isn't very harsh
-Gentle, my skin is a mix between sensitive and dry
-Works okay against acne, helps a bit, didn't make it any worse

Cons
-Sort of need a quarter sized amount for your entire face, so it goes quickly
-Doesn't work fast enough

It's a great cleanser, definitely recommend it to everyone.

on 6/22/2012 7:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I like it. I break out at a particular time during the month, (yes, THAT time). Normally it's like about 4-5 on my forehead. I have been using this for a couple of months now roughly, and last month, I didn't break out before "that" happened. I did break out once, one above my eyebrow, but that's it. I think it might be working. I like the creamy consistency, feels really nice when I cleanse. And it's not drying at all, I was really hesitant to try an "acne" wash, for fear that it would be drying. Overall, a good basic cleanser. If you have severe acne, it won't clear up anything, nor prevent it. But if you break out occassionally, ESPECIALLY at a particular time, I think it works. My friend uses it, who also has dry-acne prone skin, and she said it helps her as well.

on 4/6/2012 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I was feeling hopeful about this product because I do stress and I thought that maybe this could be the product to finally clear my skin up. No luck whatsoever. :( I only used it for 2 days and only washed my face with it 3 times during that period (the usual day and night thing) and I got scared because I started getting little bumps all over my face, mostly in my cheek/chin area. I returned it and went back to my normal routine but the bumps wouldn't go away. 2 weeks later I started picking at them and most of them finally disappeared. I know picking is bad, but it was the only way for them to come off (even exfoliating didn't work!). However, it has been a month after I started using it and 5% of the bumps are still there :( It makes me sad :(

on 3/26/2012 3:31:00 PM

I used this for a while along with the 3 in 1 hydrating acne treatment. The only thing I liked about this was the tingly feeling it gives. My face did not feel clean after using ths. Even using this with my Clarisonic my face still did not feel clean & it left me feeling like I had a film over my skin. It did nothing for my acne. This was overall a complete waste for me.

on 3/21/2012 7:43:00 PM

this is my favourite cleanser! it feels so amazing and rich on your face and it makes it feel really clean. it made most of my acne go away which is really good. definately gonna keep buying this!!

on 3/14/2012 8:36:00 PM

Pros:
-removes dirt
-does not overdry skin
-leaves skin feeling refreshed

I use this when my skin feels like it could do without a lather

on 2/28/2012 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I like the smell and how it looks but it really didn't do anything for my skin.