MAC Studio Finish Concealer

3.9

on 11/7/2014 1:54:00 PM

I think I may have found my HG concealer!
It covers up blemishes and acne scars beautifully, and doesn't break me out! Yay! I apply this with a small concealer brush and then pat and blend it in with my fingers. I also like how it has spf 35 as an added bonus, to help prevent further scarring. It has opaque coverage and as long as you apply moisturizer underneath, it isn't drying.
I have this in NC15 and it is a near perfect match for my winter skin. I expect I'll need NC20 in the warmer months. I find this important because I find it difficult to get a shade match, and when I use this for spot concealing, I don't want there to be random dots around my face that are a different colour.
It is a bit pricey, but for something that works so well, I think it is worth the price. Ideally, it would come in a more hygienic packaging format, but I don't mind the little pot.
To be noted is that this concealer won't work well for undereyes, as it is too thick. So if you are looking for an all purpose concealer, this won't be it. But, if you are looking for something to cover blemishes and spots, this could definitely be the one.

on 11/5/2014 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Best concealer for covering acne scars and active spots wouldn't buy anythimg else! Big love for Studio finish concealer.

on 11/5/2014 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This Concealer is to dry. It has full coverage. It's hard to shape eyebrows with this drying formula. Can look cakey. If you do use this product I advise you to use a patting motion to apply. Get color range for all skin tones. This product is pricey at 18 dollars. 20 after taxes in Texas. I love the pot package easy for travel and touch up. Love the see thru window on package to display color. I live this Concealer but I would not repurchase because the formula is to dry.

on 10/25/2014 6:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
Medium coverage
A small jar last a long time
Consistency is good, easy to blend out

Cons
Can settle in your fine lines
Does not cover pimples for very long if you have oily skin

on 10/22/2014 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Here's the deal about this concealer.... I like it because I found the shade that matches my skin tone that blends well even without topping it off with powder. I could find a lighter and darker shades if I want as well that is within range of my skin tone (NC30).
- It can be a little dry looking on skin once applied, since it has a matte feel. I prefer using my CLEAN fingers when applying and blending on skin.
- Do not use this under your eye as concealer. It will crease!
- You can use a lighter shade than your skin tone to use as highlighter on the bottom/ top of your brows.
- Be careful not to put too much and it can cake.
- It's a little pricey for a small concealer but it lasted months to a year for me since it has a medium-full coverage.
- I am acne prone and this didn't broke me out.
- very easy to carry around since it's small. =)

on 10/19/2014 3:53:00 PM

I went to the Mac store to buy the pro longwear concealer for my undereye area but the girl recommended this. She gave me a sample in NW20 even though I usually use NC20 but she insisted the pink undertone is better....WRONG. I really didn't like it, it creased almost immediately and the texture is too dry for my liking. I'm glad was just a sample, threw it way and no...I won't buy it.

on 10/13/2014 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is just a little better than 'okay' for me. I do like it but i feel like it could be better. i have to use a lot to cover some dark acne scars i mean i put some add a little powder and put some more. Covering a pimple can be a bit of a mission also. i use this also under my eyes along with another concealer. and its pretty good along with some thing else.

Okay getting to the point its good... not great but good.

on 9/28/2014 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I did find this concealer quite thick and pigmented but it really did nothing to cover my dark spots when other my light weight concealer a do. It ends up looking too messy when I keep applying more and more to try make it work like it's supposed to but it really doesn't do it for me. However this concealer hasn't gone to waste because I use it to neaten the outer part of my brows after I fill them in and it works well like that :)

on 9/25/2014 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My HG concealer. A little goes such a long way with this small guy. Very pigmented and I experience very little creasing. I say very little because creasing is unavoidable when it comes to all concealers. The only thing you can do is prolong the time that it doesn't crease. Anyway, you may think you may not be getting much product from this jar, but honestly, you are mistaken. This "little" pot contains 7g of product whereas most contain 3g. Boi-ing Concealer for example looks huge in comparison to Mac Studio Finish Concealer, but it only contains 3g. Don't be fooled by packaging! Always read the amount! The only reason I gave this guy a 3 for packaging is because It's exactly the same as Mac Full Coverage Foundation which is $31 and has almost triple the amount of product. But sadly, it is not as readily available at Mac stores as this one. Moral of the story, if you constantly use this on a daily basis, I would say just by the Mac Full Coverage online. But, this is still a wonderful product.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This might be common knowledge, but just in case: MAC Studio Finish Concealer is pretty much the exact same product as their pro Full Coverage Foundation. The concealer has some added sunscreen.

Ingredient comparison:

MAC Studio Finish Concealer:
Sunscreen INGREDIENTS: OCTINOXATE 5.00%, TITANIUM DIOXIDE 2.00%,
Non-sunscreen ingredients:
Octyldodecanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Silica, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Polybutene, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Alumina, Stearic Acid.
May contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ultramarines.

MAC Full Coverage foundation:
Octyldodecanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Silica, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Polybutene, Alumina, Stearic Acid.

Price-wise, the concealer is $19 for .24 ounces. The foundation is $32 for 1 ounce. So the concealer costs a little more than $76 per ounce versus the $32 per ounce of the foundation.

If you love the concealer and use a lot of it, you might prefer to buy your shade in the foundation and just use that instead. It'll last longer and you'll save $$$.

Drawbacks to this: the foundation is a Pro product, so you might need to seek out a Pro store or order online. It also doesn't come in every shade, NW15 for example. BUT it does come in White, which would make a nice mixer or highlighter for fair users.