April 18, 2014 | 900 users online

Sunscreen - Cetaphil - UVA/UVB Defense Facial Moisturizer SPF 50

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2010 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Miissoni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Bad news. I thought Cetaphil was recommended for sensitive skin, but this moisturizer (along with regular Cetaphil lotion) makes my face BURN when I apply it, and the stinging lasts until I wash it off. I hate it. It looks greasy on, and I have dry skin. The SPF factor is nice, as is the pump packaging, but the product itself sucks and I will never repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2010 9:38:00 AM More reviews by gabiinchicago

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this as a sample from my derm's office after a peel, b/c I didn't have my own with me. They gave me 3 small tubes, and I used all of them over 3 days.

FINISH: It is shiny, but I use powder (no foundation), so that eliminated the shine. I'm fair, so there was no white cast, but I can see this may be a problem for some darker complexions.
SPF: I do like that it's broad spectrum, with physical and chemical, boasting a 55 rating.
REACTION: It didn't sting, although sometimes I get that after a while of using. It's fragrance free, so I love that. I didn't get any blemishes after 3 days, so I'm planning to buy a tube, since that's usually my problem with ss.
Bottom line: it's not my HG, but I guess it'll do until I find it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2010 2:17:00 AM More reviews by weirdasusual

Pros:
- Evens out my skin tone
- Feels lightweight
- Didn't have breakouts

Cons:
- Left my face a little oily
- Pretty expensive (Aprox. $15 for 50ml)

*I don't leave home without it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2010 3:25:00 PM More reviews by miserlymom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this around for days that I know I'm going to be outside for a long period of time (ie: going to the park with my son, going to the zoo, an amusement park, etc.) and will need something that can hold up well. My daily moisturizer is the Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer with spf 15, which is great for day to day, but I don't know that it can hold up for a long, brutal day in the sun. This moisturizer really feels just like a typical sunscreen, not a moisturizer with spf mixed in. For that reason, I ONLY use it during those long outdoor days, and very sparingly. Its quite thick feeling on the face, even though the consistency as it is coming out of the tube isn't. I think its just a bit too much for me to actually use this as a "daily moisturizer". (though its not really claiming to be a "daily" moisturizer.) I also don't think its really "greasy" just....doesn't seem to sink into the skin as well as my typical cetaphil moisturizer. Now that we are getting closer to cooler months, I don't think I'll repurchase, because my time outdoors won't be as much as during the summer....and even next summer, I don't think I'll repurchase this one... Perhaps try another. Still a toss up, because it DOES do well as a sunscreen and doesn't break me out as other basic sunscreens and I trust the Cetaphil line... we'll see. I'll put no for right now.
--over all, I'll be honest...I'm not sure if they are marketing this as a moisturizer with high SPF or just a sunscreen sort of product. Either way, I've found a way to use it that works out for me when I need it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2010 12:03:00 AM More reviews by khickengurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm constantly looking for a daily facial moisturizer with SPF, but this one just doesn't work for me. Keep in mind, I do have oily skin that is sometimes breaks out. I'm not very self-conscious about my oily skin, but I absolutely hate how oily this moisturizer makes my skin look! Within 5-10 minutes after applying this product, even after applying a face powder, my face is completely drenched in oil. I feel like my skin doesn't even naturally get that oily. However, the SPF works great, and I haven't gotten a sunburn after going to the beach. I do like the packaging, and wish more products used such a convenient and controllable pump. I feel comfortable wearing this moisturizer if I'm going to the beach or exercising outside, but I will not repurchase this again once I run out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2010 1:37:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Less greasy than Neutrogena Oil-Free spf15. SPF50.

CONS: Not water resistant even. Broke my acne-prone teen out bad. Feels very heavy on my skin and a little greasy.

USAGE TIPS: If you are prone to clogging, you may want to remove this with a cleansing oil before using your regular cleanser..

ALTERNATES: I personally love Replenix Antioxidant Moisturizer SPF 50 (in silver tube) for great moisture and spf protection that doesn't bother my sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2010 6:55:00 PM More reviews by sweettmaidenn

I love this moisturizer! I have very sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin. This product did not make me break out or have a reaction at all! It is hydrating, and non-greasy. Also, very easy to apply, so I don't know why some people said they could had trouble with that?? Weird. And the pump is so easy and hygienic! As for the oily residue some people have complained of, I really can't tell if that is true, because my skin is always oily, no matter what products I use, but I am happy and will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by JCK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this product because of the high spf, however I will not be re-purchasing this product because it left my face SO oily (I have combination skin to begin with), I compared this product to the Biore Preservation Dual Fusion moisturizer and sunscreen (30 spf) which did not leave my face so oily. I also did not like how thick this product felt on my skin, it was also a bit harder to blend in as compared to the Biore product.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2010 11:16:00 AM More reviews by toffeenut

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, I must preface this review by stating that I did not use this products for weeks and weeks. This will not be a thorough review of the pros and cons of using this moisturizer. Why? I only used this lotion once, this morning, and it almost made me take the Lord's name in vain. OMG!!! I am NC 45, AA and this had the worst white casting that turned gray on me. WTF?! It's for all skin types?! What about all skin tones?! I don't think so. Fifteen minutes later, it is still trying to absorb into my combo/dry skin. I had to run to the computer to tell darker women of color, "Don't waste your money!" Luckily for me, this was a free item when I bought a jumbo sized combo of Cetaphil cleanser for my toddler son, so it will join last night's leftovers in the trash can. (With the exception of the cleanser for my 2 year old, all of the Cetaphil products I have tried have been disappointments. I don't believe the hype.)
Update: 6/11/10. Okay, after the initial reaction to the suckiness of this product, I can give a little more insight into it. The gray cast was present all day, even under my MAC MSFN. It was extremely greasy on, and though it kept my skin moisturized, I looked like a grease ball on a not-too-hot day. AND, worst of all, these little white bumps popped up on my face by the end of the day. They were on my cheeks and forehead mostly. This is one of the worst beauty products that I have tried in a long time. SMH

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2010 2:19:00 PM More reviews by blueelm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was looking for a very moisturizing sunscreen because I recently decided to use Retin-A and I've had some dryness from that. This does moisturize but feels like a coat of wax on my skin.

After wearing I felt like washing my face and couldn't stand myself! So waxy and uncomfortable. Then at midday I noticed some blemishes coming up on my cheeks. I don't know if it was the sunscreen that caused that or if they were lurking underneath already. I do blame the sunscreen for the enlarged pores that appeared on my cheeks by that time though. It looked like my skin was suffocating.

I had switched to this after I developed a mild allergic rash from another moisturizer thinking I could kill two birds with one stone.

I don't think I will buy this again, but instead will stick with anthelios and just find a good mild cream to use otherwise. I'll just use this up on my chest and shoulders. But I'd be careful because it is irritating to Retin-A skin. I've never been so sensitive before!

It also may cause some breakouts.