July 31, 2014 | 2036 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Matte Lipstick Really Red [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by amibothered

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just lovely. I was wanting to try MAC's ruby woo but a colleague at work had this on and i thought it was tin woo nut told me its Revlon. After debating quite long and hard on deciding between the two. I am glad i chose this one. Its like the best most classic red and not as drying as a matte lipstick i have from MAC. Applies soft and smooth with no tugging on the lips. I feel to go and buy two more just incase it gets discontinued or something lol. Think i will. So yea go grab yours ladies

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by annaconneally

This is probably the best red lipstick I have used. I have quite dry lips normally but I don't find that this particularly dries them out, I do apply a little chap stick underneath with all lipsticks, though. The colour is quite a dark, ruby red, it looks a lot more expensive than it is (One of the things I love most about this lipstick is the price!)
    The packaging is standard, black with a clear window at the top through which you can see the lipstick, which I find very helpful when trying to find it (not having to open the lid to check or look at the bottom for the name).

I often wear this on nights out and probably reapply just once, although I'm not sure I even need to. This product has great staying power.
    Overall, very good, I don't think I will fork out more for a red lipstick anytime soon when I can buy this for less than 10.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 More reviews by BeckyFluckanizm

I LOVE this product!
    Revlon has the best drugstore lipsticks that I have tried in general!
    There matte lipsticks are also the best.
    I have a couple of MAC matte lipsticks and I feel like they are very drying and are prone to feather away.
    The Mac ones don't last long, probably only about 1 to 2 hours.
    The revlon ones are only 5 bucks and are very moisturizing.
    These are very pigmented, yet, don't feather as much as the mac ones.
    I would say that these are NOT kiss proof, as it can stain somethings it hits.
    But overall, I think that this is an AWESOME Lipstick lik=ne and I will definitely be repurchasing more and more :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by SwingDancer87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

Beautifully flattering red lipstick!! The perfect shade of red for light skin tone. It doesn't flake and it stays a true red color while it's wearing off. I had to reapply in the center of my lips after eating, but it will last several hours if you don't eat. The matte formula is slightly drying so I make sure to apply chap stick and let it dry before applying the lipstick. I've definitely recommend this! Even better, I got it for under $5.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Ella301

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT!! my lips are always chapped but even if I apply it, it doesnt make my lips look ugly and chapped. i Love that it is matte and makes my teeth look whiter. Will be buying this again as soon as i run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Lilmerch

I love this lipstick! It is SOOO red and so perfect. I love it for day and night, the matte really makes it wearable during the day but fierce at night, with the right eye make up. During the day, I'll often add just regular chapstick (Burt's Bee's) over the top so as it slowly fades into a more wearable look, its always blended and looks great without coming off slowly in the center and looking like a hot mess. I got it at Wal-Mart for less than $6, not on sale. It goes on easy and doesn't dry your lips out at all. I also wear it in the evening and am really surprised at how well it wears. It's been my go to red for the last few months; love wearing it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by melam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Really nice matte lipstick. Doesn't dry me out, easy to apply with its consistency and is great for an evening look. The tube also looks durable and elegant.

The only problem I have with it is the price (RRP AUD$22) :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by LauraDBM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Really love this lipstick! I love the retro red lip look but always had trouble finding a colour that wouldn't transfer everywhere and that I wouldn't end up really self consciously checking to make sure it still looked alright. This lipstick completely stayed in place and barely transfers at all. Gorgeous flattering true red colour that would be pretty universally flattering. My lips are super dry so I do find it mildly drying, but really not bad at all for being matte.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by metisse1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Favourite drugstore red EVER! Looking for a matte retro lip, the one that would rival what Marilyn and other classic bombshells wore? Look no further, Revlon Really Red is wonderful and it's cheap. Doesn't dry out the lips, applies pretty easily, vibrant pinup red that cheers you up in now time in a very sleek packaging. It's a color that may appear blue but then it's a true red. In fact, it's a universal color so from lightest to darkest skin, this looks incredible and striking!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by scatcat92

I love this. I was looking for a deep red, since I have a few pinky reds and orange/coral reds. I was able to look inside the tube and see the actual color since the top of the cap is clear (brilliant!). It's perfectly matte, but not dry.