Revlon Super Lustrous Matte - Really Red

4.7

Isononyl Isononanoate, Trioctyldodecyl citrte, Ozokerite, Silica, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Paraffin, Microcrystalline wax, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol esters, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythityl tetrethylhexanoate, Aloe Barbadensis leaf extract, Synthetic wax, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol. May contain: [ /-: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, (CI 77891) Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) Red 7 Lake (CI 15851), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) Red 27 Lake (CI 17200) Red 33 (CI 17200), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15895)] 21919

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm a big mob movie fan, and it was right in the middle of "Mob Week" (which AMC runs once a year) that I decided that the one and only thing I needed in this world was a lipstick as red as those mob wives. It's killer.
This one fits the bill and satisfies my inner weirdo just about perfectly. Revlon ain't foolin' around with the name either, it's really red. A bright, beautiful true red that I feel would look stunning on just about any skintone.
Like most Revlon lipsticks, the wear is phenomenal. I can wear this all day through meals without needing to touch up at all. And when it finally does wear away, it does so evenly, no patchiness.
Alas, like all matte lipsticks, it dries me out like a mob boss if I'm not careful. I exfoliate first then usually add some Carmex on top. Gives a lovely glossy look.
Perhaps my only other complaint would be that I wish it were more socially acceptable to rock a bold red lip all year round. As it is, I'll just have to wait until autumn. Good on ya Revlon, this shade will be much loved by me as soon as summer is over.

I love this babe!!! Totally a beautiful shade of red. Not too dark not too light and it makes my skin look fairer. Well lasting power and not drying at all. The packaging is beautiful~ Would definitely repurchase if run out <3

on 3/21/2013 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this lipstick!!!! I gotta say Revlon really makes some ofthe best lipsticks out there!!!! Really Red is just a great classic red that reminds me of the glamourous movie stars of the golden era of Hollywood.....If you are looking for a beautiful true red for that classic look you don't need to look any further......this lipstick delivers!!!!

Often times I find that matte lipsticks can be really drying on my lips but not with this one....it glides on smooth and my lips look and feel soft while I'm wearing it!!! The color lasts and I always get compliments when I wear it! This is definitely a shade I would buy again and like I said before in general I'm never disappointed with Revlon lipsticks....

on 3/15/2013 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Just lovely. I was wanting to try MAC's ruby woo but a colleague at work had this on and i thought it was tin woo nut told me its Revlon. After debating quite long and hard on deciding between the two. I am glad i chose this one. Its like the best most classic red and not as drying as a matte lipstick i have from MAC. Applies soft and smooth with no tugging on the lips. I feel to go and buy two more just incase it gets discontinued or something lol. Think i will. So yea go grab yours ladies

on 3/12/2013 10:07:00 PM

This is probably the best red lipstick I have used. I have quite dry lips normally but I don't find that this particularly dries them out, I do apply a little chap stick underneath with all lipsticks, though. The colour is quite a dark, ruby red, it looks a lot more expensive than it is (One of the things I love most about this lipstick is the price!)
The packaging is standard, black with a clear window at the top through which you can see the lipstick, which I find very helpful when trying to find it (not having to open the lid to check or look at the bottom for the name).

I often wear this on nights out and probably reapply just once, although I'm not sure I even need to. This product has great staying power.
Overall, very good, I don't think I will fork out more for a red lipstick anytime soon when I can buy this for less than 10.

I LOVE this product!
Revlon has the best drugstore lipsticks that I have tried in general!
There matte lipsticks are also the best.
I have a couple of MAC matte lipsticks and I feel like they are very drying and are prone to feather away.
The Mac ones don't last long, probably only about 1 to 2 hours.
The revlon ones are only 5 bucks and are very moisturizing.
These are very pigmented, yet, don't feather as much as the mac ones.
I would say that these are NOT kiss proof, as it can stain somethings it hits.
But overall, I think that this is an AWESOME Lipstick lik=ne and I will definitely be repurchasing more and more :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Beautifully flattering red lipstick!! The perfect shade of red for light skin tone. It doesn't flake and it stays a true red color while it's wearing off. I had to reapply in the center of my lips after eating, but it will last several hours if you don't eat. The matte formula is slightly drying so I make sure to apply chap stick and let it dry before applying the lipstick. I've definitely recommend this! Even better, I got it for under $5.

on 2/25/2013 8:59:00 PM

LOVE IT!! my lips are always chapped but even if I apply it, it doesnt make my lips look ugly and chapped. i Love that it is matte and makes my teeth look whiter. Will be buying this again as soon as i run out!

on 2/11/2013 12:33:00 PM

I love this lipstick! It is SOOO red and so perfect. I love it for day and night, the matte really makes it wearable during the day but fierce at night, with the right eye make up. During the day, I'll often add just regular chapstick (Burt's Bee's) over the top so as it slowly fades into a more wearable look, its always blended and looks great without coming off slowly in the center and looking like a hot mess. I got it at Wal-Mart for less than $6, not on sale. It goes on easy and doesn't dry your lips out at all. I also wear it in the evening and am really surprised at how well it wears. It's been my go to red for the last few months; love wearing it!

on 2/11/2013 12:00:00 PM

Really nice matte lipstick. Doesn't dry me out, easy to apply with its consistency and is great for an evening look. The tube also looks durable and elegant.

The only problem I have with it is the price (RRP AUD$22) :(