July 29, 2014 | 1859 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - EverPure Sulfate-free Color Care Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by snowflake91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so surprised to see a low rating on this shampoo because I absolutely love it. I have tried alot of sulfate free shampoo, most which are pretty nice but not geared towards color protecting. I use the bodify version and while not the best volumising one i've tried, it is definitely the best all rounder. Most volumising shampoos tend to dry out my hair and make it incredibly tangled, the best one I've tried is Tigi catwalk - Your Highness which would be my number one choice if it was cheaper and had color protecting properties. The L'oreal really cleanses my hair, lathers well and importantly doesnt leave my hair tangled, dry, flat or leave residues. The instant I used this, I could tell the difference and I still love it. The smell doesnt bother me at all, people have described it as an earthy smell which I dont mind at all, but honestly it doesnt really smell earthy to me. I haven't tried the conditioner yet because I love the smell of my garnier color last conditioner (not a fan of the shampoo though) and it is cheaper as well. I've heard mixed reviews on the conditioner so i may try it later down the track. At the moment I use these 2 products in conjunction with my orofluido oil and this has worked the best, even moreso than my old high maintenance routines of pre shampoo and post shampoo masks and all sorts of things.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Ceshell11

I bought this a few weeks ago - its now my favorite shampoo.. it smells really nice! Since I have blonde highlights, I notice it makes them brighter. My hair is usually really tangly and hard to comb through but the shampoo makes it smooth, bright, and most importantly, clean. I would reccomend it to anyone who has color, or to anyone who just wants good, clean, and healthy looking hair! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2011 4:27:00 PM More reviews by keetagirl2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Although this shampoo feels quite silky, it's texture is deceptive. After using this for a week, my hair was very dry and very tangled even when wet. While this formula may be sls free, it definitely left me with the feeling that my color treated hair had been through rough treatment. I wanted an sls free shampoo to protect my color, never dreaming that the condition of my hair would suffer. I have since found a sls free shampoo I like that does not leave my hair a hot southern mess. I didn't finish the tube of Everpure, I trashed it. Good riddance.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by nikkifox

I like the smell and it lathers pretty good. The only reason i would never ever buy this again is it made me breakout so bad all along my hairline and the back of my neck. i didnt think anything of it at first becasue i do tend to get breakouts alot on my face but never on my hairline. i stopped using the shampoo only because my mom bought me a different kind. about a week after i stopped using this shampoo, my little bumps went away. i wanted to make sure that is really was the shampoo making me breakout so i started using it again and sure enough i broke up again. I ended up giving it to my mom. no thanks..the last thing i need is more acne

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2011 4:02:00 AM More reviews by jewleeahh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I switched to this product because I heard about the benefits of a sulfate free shampoo and this was easy to just pick up at the store while I was out, instead of going to a salon or something. I really don't like the rosemary mint smell, but I put other products in my hair after I shower and it totally covers it up. Even just some mousse covers the smell.

But the smell is totally worth it, for the first time ever I've found a shampoo that doesn't fade my dyed hair. I dye my hair reddish brown, and we all know how hard red hair is to keep red. It's been 4 weeks since I last dyed it now and I can hardly tell that it's faded,whereas before it'd be completely faded within two weeks. I also use the conditioner.

My hair has also always been pretty oily, I have to wash it at least every 24 hours or it gets disgusting, but since switching to this I've noticed that that's hardly a problem anymore. I hate to be gross, but I just went three days without washing my hair and you honestly could not tell at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2011 2:20:00 AM More reviews by LittleKoalaBear

First of all I wouldn't recommend sulfate-free shampoos for people with really oily hair like mine because well,it takes me more shampoo to clean it properly and therefore causes more wasting and more money spending because I finish the bottle faster. As for the color fade,I'm pretty sure it would have done a good job but I had vibrant red hair and we all know how hard red hair is to keep. I did love the shampoo's smell (I had the smoothing one) but hated the conditioner's smell. I did like the fact that is was an upside-down tube because it makes it easier when it's almost empty. I guess I would recommend it but maybe not for my hair type.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by kimwhittkeli

this stuff sucks big time! first of all it smells horrible with the rosemary and mint combo and it made my hair a dried up puff ball not good this stuff needs to be reformulated i wish i could give it a "0"

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by lebitters

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product in an attempt to decrease my spending. I have always used Biolage and Healthy Sexy Hair. This smelled good in the store and I had heard that sulfate free was the way to go. I do not like it at all! I have very long hair and this has made me a static mess! My hair is stuck to my cheek, sticking out in a million directions, yet is extremely flat on my scalp. I am not impressed and will not repurchase. The savings in only worth it if the product performs! Any suggestions for decent drug store products??

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by barberree

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

loved the packaging (it's a little harder to open with one wet hand, but worth it because less product is wasted with the squeeze top), but beyond that, this product did not like my hair. it made it look thin, and it created fly-aways that weren't there previously. it also did not condition or add moisture as it proposed to do. i'm glad this was a deluxe sample, and that i did not waste money on it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by kitkatndan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this shampoo is great because it's very gentle and doesn't fade my color nearly as fast as other shampoos do.