April 16, 2014 | 2001 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - EverPure Sulfate-free Color Care Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by kimwhittkeli

this stuff sucks big time! first of all it smells horrible with the rosemary and mint combo and it made my hair a dried up puff ball not good this stuff needs to be reformulated i wish i could give it a "0"

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by lebitters

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product in an attempt to decrease my spending. I have always used Biolage and Healthy Sexy Hair. This smelled good in the store and I had heard that sulfate free was the way to go. I do not like it at all! I have very long hair and this has made me a static mess! My hair is stuck to my cheek, sticking out in a million directions, yet is extremely flat on my scalp. I am not impressed and will not repurchase. The savings in only worth it if the product performs! Any suggestions for decent drug store products??

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by barberree

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

loved the packaging (it's a little harder to open with one wet hand, but worth it because less product is wasted with the squeeze top), but beyond that, this product did not like my hair. it made it look thin, and it created fly-aways that weren't there previously. it also did not condition or add moisture as it proposed to do. i'm glad this was a deluxe sample, and that i did not waste money on it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by kitkatndan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this shampoo is great because it's very gentle and doesn't fade my color nearly as fast as other shampoos do.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by RobinFace

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I also have the keratin treatment in my hair and this is much more affordable than the sulfate free products that were recommended for $20 a bottle. This stuff on sale is $5 and suds up much better than the expensive stuff. At least my hair feels clean. I like it!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2011 9:11:00 PM More reviews by cherish267

This shampoo and conditioner made my hair super dry and so itchy that I threw them away. I was looking forward to a sulfate-free product but this one doesn't measure up in any way, shape, or form! I've talked with others (relatives and friends) who've tried this line and had similar results. Maybe it's an allergic reaction? It was just weird. None of us have really ever had a shampoo make your scalp itch and be so annoying! It's so weird also how L'Oreal can have such great products (my other reviews) and have such terrible ones all at the same time!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2011 3:18:00 PM More reviews by kkostera

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

well i think i got the green tube, bodifying. Anyway i expected less lather but thre was 0. I used te normal amount and conditioner. I had to use alot of spray detanler because it was so difficult to comb. After drying with the hairdryer it looked ok. No added products,Later it looked like it needed to be washed.I thkiink i'll fnish the tube and not buy again. I'll go back to sulfate shapoo

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2011 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Silleltlgurl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had a Keratin treatment done to my hair which requires you to use only Sulfate free shampoos and conditioners. These have worked great. I find that they lather just as well as sulfate laden shampoos and conditioners. My color stays nicely and it doesn't cause my hair to become dried out. The smell is okay, I definitely don't love it, but for the price, this is the best shampoo and conditioner out there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2010 4:22:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: bought this again recently (09/30/11) in the volume version & i am LOVING it. best suds out of a sulfate shampoo ever! my hair feels strong & shiny and not flat. a little goes a long way-its very creamy. not sure about the "non color stripping" abilities so minus 1 lippie for that.
----------------------------------------------------------------
More of a maybe because I am not really into sulfate free shampoo's. They usually leave my hair flat (i have thin, oily, stick straight asian hair so i need all the volume i can get). The only reason i have this is because it came free with my highlighting kit. I used it last night and it SUDS like crazy! which is pretty darn good for sulfate free shampoo. it left my hair feeling very clean and very soft today but kind of flat. Smells great. If I were to purchase a sulfate shampoo-this would be a great choice.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by kailee100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I finally got on the no-sulfate bandwagon after hearing that sulfates are no different than detergent and that continued use has been scientifically linked to hair loss. As someone who bleaches the top 1/2 of their hair I want a product that is as gentle as possible, while still providing good cleansing.

I really like L'Oreal's Everpure. My hair is almost waist long and this product cleans without stripping. I don't find the "less sudding" to be an issue as I know that sulfates are responsible for suds in regular shampoo and are what cause so much damage. I wash every 3 days and have used this shampoo for about 2 months now, finding my hair to be soft, clean, and easily managable. I will never go back to using sulfate products.