April 20, 2014 | 964 users online

Powders - Clinique - Clinique Redness Solutions Instant Relief Mineral Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2010 1:23:00 AM More reviews by tireheart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The product says relief redness,I'm unable to perceive
nice coverage,that's all

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by elizabethmariecorbin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this and love it! I don't have severe problems with redness but my skin is naturally very very yellow toned and whenever the slightest bit of red shows up in my skin it looks horrible - like I'm sick. The powder applies very smoothly and is fine milled and I don't need to put anything over top since it evens out all of my flaws by itself. However, the price is ridiculous and I do wish that it had SPF and came in pressed form. If anyone isn't happy with this please swap it to me!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by jln7124

I received a sample of this, and decided to use it as a finishing powder as I have a lot of red in my cheeks, especially in the summer heat. To it's credit, it definitely does tone down the redness, but it leaves my complexion looking very dull and flat. The container is messy, and after about an hour, the red in my cheeks was obvious again. I will probably continue to use the sample on those days when the red is more obvious, but I wouldn't purchase. I have used better products to tone down the red, without the dull finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by macattack7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If ever there was a definition of holy grail, this is mine.
I SWEAR by this stuff.
I'm NW15 on a good day, strawberry blonde, blue eyes and freckles....lots of freckles. To give you an idea of how pale I am, you can see all of my blue veins through my skin. Oh yeah, and ever since I was 13 (Im 21 now), Ive had very bad acne. Also, I get sunburned sitting in front of a window for 10 minutes. SO, I have TONS OF REDNESS. from acne and freckles.
I use my MAC NW15 concealer under my eyes and cover any zits and get my Bare Minerals giant kabuki brush and sweep a fine layer all across my face. The smallest amount covers like a dream (yes, use a little, it's yellow, after all). I swear that almost all the redness in my face is totally and completely gone. It covers my deep dark and hereditary under eye circles better than anything I have ever used in my life. It soaks up any oil (which I have a lot of) and makes my skin look SO even and my face so fresh & clean. Because I have so many freckles & they only getter bigger & increase in number & color (Im getting sun spots ahhh), this stuff is a dream.
And, it lasts for damn near ever. BUY IT.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2010 9:17:00 AM More reviews by oscarnabby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Geez, I'm really surprised at all the poor reviews for this product! Though I don't use it myself, I bought it for my Mom last summer as a birthday present, and she is crazy about it! She was introduced to it at a makeup class she went to following chemotherapy, and the
MA used this powder on her to cover her flaming red rosacea cheeks. It did such a superior job, without even needing anything else on top of it, or causing her any skin irritation or breakouts, that she was obsessed with getting some. So when I visited her, we went to the Clinique counter, and I was blown away when I saw for myself what an incredible difference this product made in toning down her severe rosacea! And it looked so natural, and didn't emphasize her wrinkling (she's in her late 60s). She wears it when she goes out and she loves it to pieces, so I wanted to put a good word in for it here. I'll definitely purchase some for myself if I ever develop rosacea as well....because seeing was believing for me!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2010 8:27:00 PM More reviews by tatt2thruandthru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Unfortunately, this did absolutely nothing for redness. The absolute only pro to this product is that it is finely milled and feels nice. But that's not its purpose! Disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2010 4:50:00 PM More reviews by phyllistaylor

I love this product! I don't have any redness that I want to get rid of but I don't like to use traditional concealers and foundation because they feel to heavy on my skin. I use this as an alternative because it feels so light on my skin. I love it! I do use pressed powder for touch ups throughout the day but I love this product and I use it everyday.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2010 8:10:00 AM More reviews by 3110hello

Intrigued by this powder because I have some redness to my face, I ran out and bought one soon after the promotions started. I still have about 3/4 of it left and have had it now - what? - a year? I sometimes mix it with other, more finely milled loose powders, more just to use it up than anything. I did not find that it really helped the redness and since it is not a color that I would normally use all over my face as powder I just am not in love with it. I wouldn't recommend this product even though its description lends one to think it might help redness - I don't think it does the job and its just not as finely milled as your better powders most of which cost the same amount of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2010 7:58:00 AM More reviews by Crystalskull

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This did absolutely nothing to take away my redness due to mild rosacea. It makes a mess when you use it. I'll use it ocassionally to soak up oil just because I don;t want it to go to waste. I am offcially off any Clinique skin care.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Kashinka

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product works very well for me. It is meant to be a concealer, so people who have been using it for other purposes (a reviewer below thought it was a foundation) have naturally been disappointed. I use it for redness around the base of my nose and sides of my mouth, and I apply it after cleansing and before foundation. The right brush is important, so throw out the dreadful brush that comes with it (it's useless not only for this product but for anything else). I use Bare Escentuals' concealer brush, which is much bigger than most such brushes and not as stiff. It's perfect for this product. For the reddest patches, I press the brush into the plastic top to get the powder to adhere, then press it in the same way onto my skin. For less acute redness I brush it on carefully. I have tried other redness concealers over the years (most were green rather than yellow), and none helped because the medium they used to convey the concealing color--like the sticky substance Estee Lauder once had, or the liquid that Eucerin still sells--added unwonted texture to the face and needed a cover-up of its own. Clinique's finely milled powder is perfect. The product is unnecessarily expensive, but you do get a lot. I've used mine for nearly a year and the jar still looks full.