December 21, 2014 | 1653 users online

Concealers - Bobbi Brown - Face Touch Up Stick

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2012 9:48:00 AM More reviews by laura122pink

I use porcelain, and am on my third tube of this. I use it with the BB touch up brush and it covers spots and old acne marks/redness very well. Can be used either over foundation, or alone. As it is quite a thick consistency I recommend moisturising well before use though.
Every so often I like to wipe off the "top layer" of the stick with tissue, as I worry about germs by frequently putting the brush back into the product.
I love that this is the perfect hand bag/pocket size. I use it every day and a tube lasts me about 6 months. I plan to continue using this as my concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by constantonian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

As it is named to be, this product is truly the best on the go concealer for touch ups. The packaging is sleek and compact, great for a small purse. Coverage is medium, so it's good for slight blemishes and light to medium under eye circles. I still use a full coverage concealer for the occasional raging blemish, but this is great for my under eye circles and natural highlighting since I got this in a shade lighter. Staying power shouldn't be a problem if you set it with powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 4:23:00 PM More reviews by sugarwhirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I mostly use for my eyes because my eye bags are really dark and I look so much nicer with this. After putting a bit of this on my eyes look normal and I don't look sleep-deprived or like I've been punched in the face twice.

I also get spots quite regularly and they tend to become red/purple, but I can use this stick to cover them up. It doesn't erase the spots but will make them unnoticeable to other people. I should point out that it doesn't work well on spots that are raised or spots that are dry and flaky because the flaky skin tends to just be accented.

It also does need redoing halfway through the day, but that might be because I don't wear foundation or primer or anything else. The only things I have in my daily makeup kit is this touch up stick, my eyeliner and lipstick.

I bought my first one two years ago, and I reached the end of it about a month ago. To be fair, I was not using it much for the first year, so I would say with moderate usage, one stick should last at least 6 months if not a year.

I would definitely recommend, but if you are the kind of person who wants 100% concealment, don't buy this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2011 6:22:00 AM More reviews by kylied888

I have dry, mildly acne pron skin.

I found that this product had great coverage but was a bit drying on my skin.

I get quite dry flaky skin and especially with acne treatments, the areas around my breakouts also tend to dry out.

This concealer was great for coverage of my acne but it seemed to make the dry areas more noticeable.

I find that if you use it on top of a liquid foundation it seems to be less drying, but on some days when I don't want to wear foundation, just concealer, this isn't a good concealer to turn to.

I think the coverage is good and it hasn't caused any new breakouts so I gave it a 4, but it just wasn't right for my dry skin.

For the price and effectiveness for me, I don't think I will be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 4:38:00 PM More reviews by chaosgreeneyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Great for touch-ups! Looks very natural comparing to powder (my skin is normal in winter). May feel a little greasy, but is settles soon. The coverage is medium to light. The finish is natural, not nearly matte! A liitle goes a veeery long way. I've bought mine 1,5 yrs ago and there's still 1/4 of it after nearly everyday use. Mine is Porcelain and I found it to be a very nice match.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by kitsunec4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

As other reviewers have mentioned, this is for touch-ups, not really for heavy-duty concealment. However, this is a pretty great all-purpose concealer and touch-up stick, and that's what I use it for. This will look terrible if you treat it like a heavy-duty concealer, but for most anything else, a light touch with the stick, blend it in with a finger or brush, and a dusting of matching powder on top will do to minimize whatever you're trying to hide.

I adore the utility of the packaging, a slim black tube that one can just throw in a bag and not worry about. There's also most any shade and tone a girl can need. But definitely find yourself a counter, some of the colors can look very different in person versus online depending on your computer screen.

If you're another, make-up minimalist, like I am, this is a product to seriously consider looking at. A two-word summary for this is that: its easy. Well, once you find the perfect matching shade, but ain't that the truth with pretty much all concealers and powders?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by flauros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a really good spot covering concealer. It easily blends out with fingers. The coverage is medium to full for concealer. The metal tube packaging is really easy to carry around in my purse so I can take it to work and touch up during the day. It is not inherently powdery, but if you put powder on top it kind of gets a cakey look.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Simplicity310

This concealer in combination with the long lasting foundation gave me the most painful, cystic acne I have ever had in my life. It is still 3+ weeks later and my face is still healing. I had 9 huge cysts on the right side of my face alone. They are only slightly raised now but you can still feel them underneath my skin and they have left angry red marks. I loved the coverage, wear and look but I am so devastated by the effects of these products. Acne prone skin buyers please BEWARE.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 10:21:00 AM More reviews by xtinahb

Great little on-the-go concealer for everyday use. It has a light, creamy, but substantial enough consistency; like a stick foundation, not a heavy concealer. It only lasts 3-4 hours, but is meant for touching up throughout the day, not as your primary concealer for major blemishes. I dab it directly from the stick on top of liquid foundation for a few broken capillaries on my cheeks and around my nose and then reapply as needed a couple times a day. I don't need super heavy concealing, so this stick is perfect. I got Warm Natural for my light tan Asian NC30/C4 combo complexion.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2011 11:27:00 AM More reviews by dearladydisdain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this concealer. It is not super long lasting, but I did not rate the product down for that because it is really meant to keep in your bag to use for touch ups throughout the day, which it is amazing for! It is the only concealer I have ever found that matches my super fair skin (I use 00 Alabaster). It is amazingly creamy and does not do that weird cakey thing that some concealers do after a couple of hours of wear. I apply in the morning and set with powder, and it lasts for about 4-5 hours before I have to touch up, which is pretty comparable to other concealers I have used (I have oily skin). It works great both in conjunction with foundation and for the days where you just want to throw on some concealer and foundation and go! It layers as well, so you can go from light to heavy coverage without looking cakey.