July 29, 2014 | 1184 users online

Concealers - Bobbi Brown - Face Touch Up Stick

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2011 6:22:00 AM More reviews by kylied888

I have dry, mildly acne pron skin.

I found that this product had great coverage but was a bit drying on my skin.

I get quite dry flaky skin and especially with acne treatments, the areas around my breakouts also tend to dry out.

This concealer was great for coverage of my acne but it seemed to make the dry areas more noticeable.

I find that if you use it on top of a liquid foundation it seems to be less drying, but on some days when I don't want to wear foundation, just concealer, this isn't a good concealer to turn to.

I think the coverage is good and it hasn't caused any new breakouts so I gave it a 4, but it just wasn't right for my dry skin.

For the price and effectiveness for me, I don't think I will be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 4:38:00 PM More reviews by chaosgreeneyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Great for touch-ups! Looks very natural comparing to powder (my skin is normal in winter). May feel a little greasy, but is settles soon. The coverage is medium to light. The finish is natural, not nearly matte! A liitle goes a veeery long way. I've bought mine 1,5 yrs ago and there's still 1/4 of it after nearly everyday use. Mine is Porcelain and I found it to be a very nice match.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by kitsunec4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

As other reviewers have mentioned, this is for touch-ups, not really for heavy-duty concealment. However, this is a pretty great all-purpose concealer and touch-up stick, and that's what I use it for. This will look terrible if you treat it like a heavy-duty concealer, but for most anything else, a light touch with the stick, blend it in with a finger or brush, and a dusting of matching powder on top will do to minimize whatever you're trying to hide.

I adore the utility of the packaging, a slim black tube that one can just throw in a bag and not worry about. There's also most any shade and tone a girl can need. But definitely find yourself a counter, some of the colors can look very different in person versus online depending on your computer screen.

If you're another, make-up minimalist, like I am, this is a product to seriously consider looking at. A two-word summary for this is that: its easy. Well, once you find the perfect matching shade, but ain't that the truth with pretty much all concealers and powders?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by flauros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a really good spot covering concealer. It easily blends out with fingers. The coverage is medium to full for concealer. The metal tube packaging is really easy to carry around in my purse so I can take it to work and touch up during the day. It is not inherently powdery, but if you put powder on top it kind of gets a cakey look.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Simplicity310

This concealer in combination with the long lasting foundation gave me the most painful, cystic acne I have ever had in my life. It is still 3+ weeks later and my face is still healing. I had 9 huge cysts on the right side of my face alone. They are only slightly raised now but you can still feel them underneath my skin and they have left angry red marks. I loved the coverage, wear and look but I am so devastated by the effects of these products. Acne prone skin buyers please BEWARE.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 10:21:00 AM More reviews by xtinahb

Great little on-the-go concealer for everyday use. It has a light, creamy, but substantial enough consistency; like a stick foundation, not a heavy concealer. It only lasts 3-4 hours, but is meant for touching up throughout the day, not as your primary concealer for major blemishes. I dab it directly from the stick on top of liquid foundation for a few broken capillaries on my cheeks and around my nose and then reapply as needed a couple times a day. I don't need super heavy concealing, so this stick is perfect. I got Warm Natural for my light tan Asian NC30/C4 combo complexion.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2011 11:27:00 AM More reviews by dearladydisdain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this concealer. It is not super long lasting, but I did not rate the product down for that because it is really meant to keep in your bag to use for touch ups throughout the day, which it is amazing for! It is the only concealer I have ever found that matches my super fair skin (I use 00 Alabaster). It is amazingly creamy and does not do that weird cakey thing that some concealers do after a couple of hours of wear. I apply in the morning and set with powder, and it lasts for about 4-5 hours before I have to touch up, which is pretty comparable to other concealers I have used (I have oily skin). It works great both in conjunction with foundation and for the days where you just want to throw on some concealer and foundation and go! It layers as well, so you can go from light to heavy coverage without looking cakey.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2011 4:04:00 AM More reviews by xandreaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

bought this concealer 2 days ago at a bobbi brown makeup counter. I have dry skin and the makeup artist suggested this concealer for me to use around my nose and mouth areas. The colour matches quite well and Im very happy with that, but what i noticed by nighttime is that my face was all oily and shiny with it on! I never have problems being oily cause again i have dry skin right? This just made me look AND feel gross. ugh. Returning it asap today.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by rominey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Ordered in Alabaster from Holt Renfrew in Canada.
Have a very difficult time finding a pale concealer for my super PPP (NW 05 ish) skin, heard such good things about this one that I decided to give it a try.

Unfortunately, I was disappointed. I expected Alabaster to be a suitable match in light of how pale their Alabaster-tone foundations are, but, it's a bit too dark. :( There goes $30! It'll cover some of my imperfections ok, but for larger zits where I have to dab on more, the concealer gets too pigmented and ends up making the zit look darker and more noticeable. Also, I thought the coverage would be more opaque - I have a lot of skin imperfections and need heavier coverage because some of them are quite red. Maybe I need to be looking into a green colour corrector rather than a concealer.

On the other hand, the concealer does seem to last for the whole day (except in my T-zone).

The packaging is very nice and very compact. It doesn't seem like a lot of product for the amount I paid. I paid about the same for my Shiseido concealer (also a smidge too dark but I can use it for some things) and it's lasted me for months - using a lot of it daily.

Note: I bought the Clarins concealer in 01 a few days later and was quite pleased...it seems to be even paler than the Alabaster BB touch up stick and blends well with my complexion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by zeynepd

If I could have one make-up item only, this would be it. It works well under and over foundation and even without it. Indeed, this allows me to skip foundation and what not despite my broken capillaries and also various red patches my skin decides to have every morning. Until this, nothing managed to have an effect on them, but this stick covers my redness perfectly and gives me a very very natural look. I have even smothered my whole face with it as if this was foundation and it still looked much more natural than many foundations:) It's very creamy and slides off quickly - though I don't set it with powder- but I'm OK with it as the re-application is so easy. I have it both in beige and warm beige, and warm beige has a more natural effect on my skin than Skin Foundation in beige. The SA always tries to sell me a shade darker for the summer but I find that one too yellow. I think this is a great 101 product for those of us who are lazy when it comes to make-up and creates opportunities for even more laziness. I'll continue to buy it for as long as they make it. Actually, I feel pretty grateful for this lovely little thing.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No