July 23, 2014 | 1912 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Clarifying Matte Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by xsuzycx

I think this foundation is not so great. It's very blendable and doesn't make my skin break out at all. But it doesn't give a matte finish and, at the end of the day, it looks like I just bathed in oil. It also has a light coverage, which is not what I prefer since I have bad acne scarring. I just don't think this foundation was for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by librarygirl85

Amazing. It actually cleared my face, and the oily spots that usually appeared with higher end foundations; gone. I've used Physicians Formula for years because my skin will break out or turn orange by the end of the day with other brands.

Also, this foundation is easy to blend and was a fluke purchase. I was using PF Mineral Wear (which I hated .... so cakey on my face) and my face was breaking out and looking dry. I just needed something different quick and picked this up (it was advertised as new). Instantly saw a difference! Like I mentioned above, my face actually cleared up, my forehead isn't oily by the end of the day, and I use it over my Aloe Vera Moisturizing Cream (now Nivea Soft). My face is so smooth. I get asked all the time why my skin looks so great and what foundation I use. It's so natural looking. I use the 10 True Ivory and it's a perfect match. But like any foundation, personal experience is best. Some people have might issues with it and others may not.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2011 5:05:00 PM More reviews by jillheartsmakeup

I have to say, I really wanted to like this foundation. However, it was probably the worst foundation I've ever used. The colour was very orangey instead of beige. It was so hard to blend that it ended up being streaky and smudgy. Halfway though the day, it would slide off my face, and i'd be left with random orange smears. It was so awful...
I will never re-purchase this.
Also, false advertisting much? Stay matte? I don't think so. My face looked just as or even more oily than usual while using this product.
I wish I could go get a refund for this product.

If you buy this: i recommend getting it wayyy lighter than your skintone, and applying powder afterwards to assist it in staying on your face. Good luck!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2011 12:21:00 PM More reviews by nikkohli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am constantly on the look for a drugstore dupe for MUFE Mat Velvet. I gave this a try but wasn't impressed.
First, I don't feel it is matte. It left my skin with a dewey glow, which is fine at first, but my skin gets VERY oily so I quickly look like a grease spot. I don't have time in my day to blot more than once and I was feeling pretty nasty an hour after my first blot.
Second it oxidizes orange on my face so by the end of the day I look like an oily Oompa Loompa.
Finally, I just wasn't impressed by the coverage--I felt like it was more a tinted moisturizer than a foundation.

On the plus side, the packaging was great but I won't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by julietcapulet96

I personally really like this foundation. I have oily skin that breaks out easily, and most foundations cause my skin to flare up. This one didn't, in part because it's non-comedogenic. Initially I found it a bit hard to blend, but i mix it with just a drop of moisturizer and it works great. It looks a bit shiny at first, but after a couple minutes, once it's blended with my skin, you have that matte look. I use a powder to set it and my face looks great for hours. I rarely have to reapply. I love the tube it comes in, it's so much easier to use than bottles and doesn't clog like pumps. I just with there was more in the package.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by lizzychu

I have mixed feelings about this product, so bear with me :) I thought for a cheap foundation, it worked alright. I have very oily skin, and truthfully I haven't found a liquid foundation that really keeps me matte for longer than a few hours, so I didn't have high expectations for this one. I wasn't impressed with the color range, I got the lightest shade they offer, and I never have to do that, because I'm usually somewhere in the fair-medium range. So I feel bad for all the ladies out there with porcelain skin, they might have bad luck with this one. This foundation had a sheer to medium coverage, and I found I had to build it up a bit to get medium coverage. I would have like a fuller coverage I guess, but I was happy with how it looked on my face. It evened my complexion and covered some of my blemishes (others I needed concealer for) so i was satisfied with that. I found the formula to be really thin and runny, though I did get it for 75% off at CVS, so maybe Rimmel is discontinuing that shade or formula not sure. It blended ok and seemed to match my skin tone. It looked matte, and I also set it with a translucent powder. Those held up for a few hours, after that I used an oil blotting sheet and applied a bit more powder. I noticed no oxidation through the day, so that's good. When I got home for the day I was fairly oily, but that's the norm for me. All in all, I'm glad I got it for cheap, but I probably won't repurchase. It does ok and probably would be great for someone who has less oily skin than me, but I think I'll keep looking and experimenting with other brands and formulas.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by makemeupchic

I really love this foundation! I have oily skin but it holds out throughout the day for me. I top it with bare minerals and a translucent powder for extra coverage. I find that it is really easy blend and I was able to find a good color to match my skin tone. This was my first drugstore foundation..I normally don't like to buy them because you can't test them but after using it for about a year, I will continue to purchase it! The price tag is great too!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by supergir

I love this product!
It does keep your face matte, to a degree. I have very oily skin. When used alone, I did noticed oil seeping through. Usually around noon. At first I used it with E.L.F.'s translucent powder and there was some oil. Then I used it with Make Up For Ever's HD powder, and there was little bit of oil. Pictures came out good though!!
But once I bought the Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder, NO SHINE at all. It has a medium to heavy coverage. You will need to use some concealer around your eyes, nose and whatever red blemishes you have. It's long lasting. I feel like you might have to touch up around 3pm. It will depend at what time you get off work.
The packaging is nice. I like it. No messy liquid. The consistency of it is thick, not runny, almost mousse like in the tube. Easy to apply. Does not cake and blends well. I use it with a stippling brush.
I believe I have found my holy grail in foundations that's cheap. I actually LOVE M.U.F.E. Mat Velvet foundation and this is up to par with the $34 foundation. I would highly recommend to those with oily skin. But I would suggest to use it with it's pressed powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Calicokatie

Not impressed with this product at all. I bought it after seeing some YouTube videos featuring it, and I love a matte look. This is not matte at all! I found the formula to be very sticky and thick, and didn't blend worth a darn. It feels greasy and heavy on. It actually irritated and broke out my normal, non-acne prone skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2010 1:06:00 PM More reviews by puppysofia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this rescently and I have been using it for like a week. Whar I like about this is that it mattifies my skin, which I was surprised, lasts for a long time, but......... it is really hard to blend and that is a downside for me. Other than that it really controls the oil very well. Needs to be more blendable.