October 31, 2014 | 1606 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by marvelgirl1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I will definitely not buy this again. I already have long lashes, so if you're looking for length, maybe you'll like this. But volume? Forget about it. My lashes were so thin that after using this product, I had to use three coats, and even then there wasn't much improvement. Also, I found that I had to separate my lashes after using the primer AND the after the mascara, which I just found to be too much of a pain. Didn't like this one bit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by suzyqz1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I pride myself as having seen quite a few gimmicks as far as cosmetics go and pretty much blowing most of them if not all of them off. So when I first heard of the concept of beauty tubes in a double wand mascara I was thinking meh, I won't fall for it. Well, after trying the double extend lash boosting mascara and liking it pretty well, I decided to give this a whirl. This mascara combined with my Revlon Extra Curl eyelash curler has given me great big giant huge long lush lashes!! Yes, I'm serious! I never knew my lashes could look like this just using a mascara. I was highly skeptical about this mascara but for me it works great and I don't have already long lashes-mine are pretty average. I almost look like I have on fake lashes. Washing it off was kind of an odd experience to say the least but I really don't care since it gives me such long lush lashes. This time for me anyway, the hype worked!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 8:03:00 AM More reviews by rahrahlane

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my absolute favorite mascara ever. My sensitive eyes make removal of regular mascaras difficult to say the least. There is no mess and no flaking. Amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2010 5:33:00 PM More reviews by geenabrown

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara. I thought the packaging was odd at first because the brush and the tube are not the same on both sides (not sure how to explain it). Anyway, I feel like my lashes look longer and the mascara holds curls pretty well. I also like that it doesn't smudge and removing it seems pretty fun to me!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2010 10:47:00 PM More reviews by lucyann36

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara works as advertised, if I bother to apply it properly. Unfortunately, I find it too fussy for everyday use. Points off for being quite expensive for a drugstore product, and further points off for counterintuitive packaging - the brush is never in the hand I think it's going to be in.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2010 1:53:00 PM More reviews by leoisillon

Wow, this is a very interesting product. I have to say I am pleasantly surprised at how much I like this product. I ran out of my EL lash primer and because I'm strapped for cash right now I figured this primer would be a good alternative. Why don't they come out with a drugstore primer only? I have seen many double wanded mascaras at the drug store but no primer alone. Anywho, I tried the product not really expecting much but was blown away with how well this works. Both the primer and the mascara work well and they make my lashes look long and full of volume. The primer is very white and you have to use a light hand to only apply a small amount, but the mascara does a great job of covering it up. The most intriguing thing for me about this mascara is the way it comes off. The packaging says you can just use water tor rinse it off, but being the skeptic that I am, I figured that was a lie. It truly comes off with just water!!! This formula is unlike anything I've ever seen for a mascara. It's not like an inky substance that runs when mixed with water. It's almost like a rubber or some sort of silica product. Very cool, just glides right off. The claims on the back of the package were going on about the mascara acting like "tubes" that make the lashes look longer, etc. I kept thinking "tubes, what?". Try this mascara and see for yourself. It doesn't run or smudge. It's amazing. Will definitely repurchase. The only small complaint I have is about the size of the brushes. I feel like they are little stubs. I wish they were longer or something. It takes some getting used to. The actual head of the brush is fine. It's nice and full on the mascara side and long and exact for the primer side.

Edit: I still like this product, the only thing I don't like is the primer. It's a bit too heavy. It weighs down my lashes. So now I just use the mascara side by itself or I pair it with my Clinique lash primer. I probably wouldn't repurchase because while it is convienient to only use water to take off this macara, I find that it takes a while to make sure it's all off. I'll try the other version with the serum.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2010 11:02:00 AM More reviews by baskinrobbins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used Maybelline Great Lash for years, until it started irritating my eyes. I tried a bunch of different mascaras and lash tints, but they all irritated my eyes (I wear contacts). I finally tried the Tubes, thinking that maybe they wouldn't flake off into an irritating powder the way other mascaras do. It's true--the Tubes look good, stay on, and don't irritate my eyes. When you want to wash them off, they really do slide off your lashes as big ol' tubes. It's kind of funny, actually. And you don't get raccoon eyes with these, but if you accidentally rub your eyes, you might clump the tubes up.
I've been using this brand of mascara for over a year--I'll stick with it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2010 3:54:00 PM More reviews by EllsaBellsa

I had high hopes for this stuff considering it was $11 and some change at Walmart, which is pretty expensive for a drugstore mascara. As soon as I got home I tried it out and was NOT impressed at all. Minimal length, no volume whatsoever, and one coat looked spidery. I was so so so disappointed! The only great thing was washing it off, the tubes are awesome and they come off clean with just water. I only wore it twice after that, then I threw it in the trash!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 11:17:00 AM More reviews by ninapetal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This has become my holy grail of mascaras for one reason - absolutely no smudging and raccoon eyes! I have seen that many reviews ding this mascara for this very reason, the fact that is come off in the clumps like that, but this is the very reason I love it! It is a mid-priced drugstore brand, and a great find for lasting power and length.
One of the main reasons I have always hated washing the make-up off my face at night is the difficulty of getting all the inky black-ness off around the eyes without being too harsh and rubbing my eyes too much (for fear of wrinkles!) and no other mascara I have ever used has compared.
Prior to trying this mascara, I was a constant mascara-switcher never buying the same one twice in a row trying to find the right one. This changed once I discovered that this NEVER smudges, rather coming off as a mass of spidery black tubes, but CLEAN spidery black tubes, mind you. It comes off very cleanly. This makes all the difference when it comes to my bad habit of dreading the before-bed washing. I wash my face as I imagine most women do normally, and then at the end of the process these are able to be pulled off with my fingernails without pulling my lashes out. Trust me, this sounds crazy but it is way easier than the rubbing and having a mess of black around your eyes!
The mascara formula itself is quite lengthening, somewhat thickening, and a little crunchy (if you know what I mean), but what it lacks in softness it makes up for is ease of removal.
I use it interchangingly with and without the white base, without much visible difference, and with the same removal results. The only difference is you get a little more thickness with the white base, but I can get the same result with a few coats of the black mascara anyway, so I rarely use the white base.
If you are looking for a clean, non-smudging mascara that lengthens and cleans up easily, this is the product for you!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2010 11:38:00 AM More reviews by mcdumbdumb

I actually really like this mascara. I have the non-waterproof version, and I find it to be smudge-free, flake-free (basically, at the end of a 12hr day i have no black shadow underneath my eyes). The formula really help to lengthen and define my lashes. Also it is really easy to remove, I don't need to use makeup remover, just wash it off with warm water and a good facial cleanser. I think this is definitely a good buy. The only complaint that I have is I find the brush to be a bit big for my eyes (I consider myself to have fairly small eyes), but I guess it's really not the product's fault....
I think I will buy it again (although I do think compare to other drugstore mascara, L'Oreal products are on the pricey side), but I will also try other products occasionally....