Bare Escentuals buxom lash

on 10/24/2013 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Got a mini of this in my Lash Stash box. I've used it before in mini size but I've never bought it in full size, so I'm not sure of the price. I do like it for a daytime lash. I generally prefer more drama since I have very sparse lashes, but this does an AMAZING job at separating. It really doesn't clump. I usually hate those rubbery brushes but this one isn't bad.

This isn't a very dramatic mascara but it's a good daytime (and layers well) and does a great job if your lashes tend to clump. However, I won't purchase in fullsize since I prefer more volume overall.

on 10/11/2013 4:40:00 AM

I wanted to like this because i heard so much good stuff about it. Unfortunately, this leave black streaks at the bottom of my eye after about 4 hours. so that sucks. it does not harden my eyelashes and it looks pretty natural, but if its buxom lashes you are looking for, then i am afraid this does not cut it. price wise, does not seem worth it. you migght as well stick with maybelline, imho.

on 9/30/2013 7:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

I am a mascara junkie. For many years I was hopelessly devoted to Lancome Definicils even though I seemed to try every high end and some drugstore mascaras that came out. My personal favorite for the last 3 years and the one I keep coming back to is the Bare Escentuals Buxom Lash. It is reasonably priced at $19 for a higher end mascara, it comes in a large tube, lasts longer than the shelf life (I definitely toss mascara after 6 months, not worth contamination). It is a very good deep black and it gives me a lot of length and some fullness without stickiness or clumps. I despise mascara that clumps or gives "spider lashes"!
If I choose to use my eyelash curler (shu ) I can get a wide open almost false lashes look without too much work but this mascara also fills in lashes nicely and adds length and some volume and will hold a curl on my lashes without using an eyelash curler. Sometimes for casual day look I prefer not to use the curler. Several of the sales associates at my local Sephora have told me this is their "go to" mascara. I strongly recommend giving it a try.

on 9/15/2013 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was at Sephora buying another mascara that I needed to be waterproof, and then I saw the mini version of Buxom Lash at the checkout area for $13 that I've been wanting to try for awhile because of good things I have heard.
I love when brands have travel/mini sizes like this because I have no problem spending $13 right away to try this before buying a full size!

Anyway, I have been apprehensive about any mascaras with the plastic bristles instead of the brush for a long time now and I have just avoided trying them. I have now used one other mascara and this Buxom Lash Mascara with this type of brush and I love it! It is SO easy to apply, and the bristles do a much more thorough application job than the regular brush I am used to. I also love how black this mascara is, as soon as I apply it. I have very blonde and thin eyelashes so I need this so much! I am used to having to brush through my eyelashes several times trying to get enough volume but also trying to get rid of large clumps. This brush and mascara applies lots of product giving you the look you want, but with no clumps.
I do not think this is expensive. The full size is $24 CAD and I can't think of many mascaras cheaper than that except for drugstore brands.

Complaints: it doesn't dry hard, so my lashes are not staying curled. If it weren't for the dark dark black, you may not notice them at all. The only other things I can say is that it is not very fast-drying so it can smudge if you don't wait a minute; and it is so easy to apply but sometimes I forgot the shape of the brush and can easily poke myself in the eye because I'm in a hurry! My own fault!

I really like this mascara so far, I am curious to see how it wears after a few more days to see how I still like it.

I would recommend it to anyone who wants long, very dark black lashes and a brush that makes it very quick and easy to apply!

on 9/10/2013 5:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got this in the sample size.

PROS
*Nice black color
*Love the brush. Separates well.
*Defines lashes well.

CONS
*Higher in price
*Did not do much for volume for me. I don't know if this might be because the sample was a little older (even though it had not previously been opened).
*I felt like this was not wet enough or volumizing, which is why I was disappointed.

Despite this, I may consider purchasing a full size in order to determine if my sample was just a little dried out.

on 9/2/2013 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I got a sample size of this in one of those Sephora points bonus things and fell in love, since then I have purchased the full size. The brush! It works so well! I hate clumps. I also hate the hassle of using a spoolie or comb to separate my lashes - I want the brush to do that! Is that so much to ask?!? Apparently not, as here is a product which does just that! It separates my lashes perfectly. A second coat on the outer edges gives me that awesome doll-like butterfly effect. I feel like I am ruined for other mascaras because after this, none of the others I have tried have been satisfactory. I only have two complaints - first, the formula is a little slow to dry, so if I sneeze during application I have a real mess to clean up. The slower drying time also makes it transfer to my lower lashes a little more than I prefer. My other complaint is that it only comes in black. I feel like black is just a little too harsh for me, especially if I am going for a more natural look. I'd love to have this in brown/black or brown, and it would be great if it came in fun colors like the plum that makes my eyes look greener. In the meantime I will keep using this in black.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I used to LOVE this mascara, it was my HG and I knew no other greatness.
Unfortunately my eyes became very sensitive to it, resulting in red eyes and styes!
I think the plastic brush irritated my lids when applied close to the lash line, also it would always start to flake by the end of day.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My hg mascara! I absolutely love the formula and have not found another mascara quite like it. I don't necessarily like the price but I can't find a drugstore mascara comparable. Never irritates my sensitive eyes. Lengthens and adds volume while not clumping. Packaging is somewhat large but sleek.

on 8/10/2013 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love this mascara and have repurchased around 4 times now (which is a lot for mascara, because I was always searching for something better!). I can't give it a 5 because no mascara is really perfect for me, but if I could, I guess it would be a 4.5. I have straight, sparse lashes and Buxom makes them dark, defined, volumized and lengthened. It does not hold a curl as well as other mascaras or waterproof mascaras, but I am willing to sacrifice curl for lash health and easy removal. Buxom never/rarely clumps even with 2-3 coats, and the color is sooo lush, true-black. It lasts a long time too- I use one tube for around 6 months before it starts to get thicker/old. Drugstore mascaras dry up within 3 months I think, so that's how I justify spending $19 for Buxom :) I like that the ingredients aren't as harsh or drying which seems to help with minimizing lash fall-out. It's very easy to remove which is really important to me- I don't want to rub and tug which causes sagging and lash loss. For you lucky ladies with longer/thicker eyelashes, Buxom will probably make your lashes look extra amazing! On me, it's a more natural eyelash look (which is what I like), but maybe for lash-blessed ladies it can create a more smoky eyelash look. It's my HG mascara for sure.

This is my all time favorite mascara (with Dior show as a close second). I'm pretty picky and rarely buy the same tube of mascara over again, always looking for something better. However I have never been able to move away from this mascara. It stays on all day and doesn't smudge. This mascara is fairly natural looking, which makes it great for an everyday mascara, but not what I wear when I'm looking for a lot of drama.

Top Rated Bare Escentuals Products