April 24, 2014 | 971 users online

Mascara - Bare Escentuals - buxom lash

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by lilyeffigy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG mascara. It is lightweight (doesn't weigh down a curl), doesn't damage my lashes long term, is easy to remove, and is great for natural volume and definition.

I do not use this mascara by itself. Alone, it will flake a bit or the curl will sag.

I use Dior maximizer primer underneath this, and Imju Fiberwig on top. I have sparse, fine, uncurled lashes. I need all the help I can get.

The truth is, there is no super-mascara that does everything you want. Some things we want mascara to do (like stay on forever and not smuge) require a formula to have a certain ingredient, and while that ingredient may give us one thing (12 hours with no flakes!) it may detract from another (brittle lashes etc). I have come to peace with the truth about mascara, but for those of you still searching, good night, and good luck :)

I'm just kidding :) But really, this is a good mascara, at a decent price, that outperforms much more expensive products (ahem, Diorshow and flankers). If you were on the fence about it, I would say pick it up.

I do not like the other two new Buxom versions. They suck, which is weird.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by citizenannie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I go through at least a couple tubes of this per year. I have long blonde eyelashes, so what I'm looking for most in a mascara is just a nice dark color, smooth application, and maybe just a little bit of volume. Buxom is perfect for what I need, and it has never once caused my super sensitive eyes to get red, watery, or itchy like a lot of mascaras do.

Buxom goes on very smoothly and never clumps for me. The brush lifts and separates the lashes, and I never ever have a problem taking it off. It doesn't transfer to my lower lashes or start to run. If I fall asleep in it, it wears off some but doesn't give me sticky raccoon eyes.

I wear other mascaras for when I want a super dramatic nighttime look, but for 90% of my makeup applications, Buxom works perfectly, and I absolutely love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by prplepolkadotz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara gives me a lot of volume but unfortunately no length at all. I will be using the rest but it just didn't do it for me..

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by phoebeweatherfield

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This review is for the waterproof version. All in all, this is probably the best mascara I've used. While it's not absolutely smudge proof, it can definitely get me through a work day without significant flaking or smudging. i'm kind of perpetually dissatisfied with mascaras, so I keep trying new brands, but I wouldn't be surprised if I return to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by avastefani

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love, love, love this mascara. Big bold lashes without flaking and I get complements on my eyelashes all the time. Fyi this is my fifth tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by hahalex21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my new HG mascara, it does everything for my lashes I want my ideal mascara to do. It makes my lashes look long, full, thick, and doesn't clump at all. My lashes look fake when I use this, but in a good way. The formula is a touch on the wet side, but not so much that it's clumpy and unworkable. The brush is rubber, which I prefer, and does help to curl my lashes, which is something I never believed a mascara could do. It doesn't flake during the day and looks great all day. I couldn't recommend this stuff more.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 7:13:00 AM More reviews by Mari001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara. It's the only non-drugstore mascara I've re-bought. However, I don't use this alone, I use it as a 'top coat' for my lashes, so that holds me back from giving it 5 stars. My lashes are extremely straight, and this doesn't hold a curl alone for me, therefore I only use it on top of another mascara, this mascara though, it's lovely.

This elongates my lashes like nobody's business, and darkens my already dark lashes and it just makes them look amazing.

I've never actually bought this product at full price, and I started using it after receiving a sample of it, but then I knew I had to have it. I've re-purchased it a few times now.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 9:19:00 AM More reviews by kissyxface

So happy I discovered this mascara. Nothing else makes my lashes look volumized & keep a curl all day. The best part is that it doesnt flake or smudge, & is super easy to take off. New favourite!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Chrispy21

I love this product. I have sensitivitys to mascaras they tend to flake or burn and this one does not. Its my go to mascara the best one ive found for length seperation and feel.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by Loriencox

This is my holy grail mascara. I have long blond lashes that are sparse, but this mascara makes the most of them with little effort. Two costs is about as much as I have the patience for and I don't have to use an eyelash comb. If you're going for dramatic, it'll take some time, but this is my go to everyday mascara that never disappoints. The actual brush is jumbo, and that takes a little getting used to.