November 21, 2014 | 1001 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Dream Liquid Mousse

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Passeri

Coverage: Good coverage. One layer evened out the red area around my nose as well as some blemishes near my chin.

Finish: I loved the finish! The foundation went on so smoothly and didn't cake onto my skin or highlight any dry spots. The finish was dewy enough to look natural without appearing too oily.

Long-lasting? Not really. By the end of my 8 hour shift, the foundation shade had turned orange and there were some very intense oily patches on my forehead and down the bridge of my nose. I wasn't expecting to get so oily since I work a fairly slow-paced lab job. The foundation also rubs off easily. I hugged my boyfriend and noticed a swipe of foundation on his shirt-sleeve.

Over-all a good foundation that would need re-touching throughout the day, but I'm looking for something that lasts throughout the workday without slipping around my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by thourigan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

So this stuff is actually a miracle worker for me. Maybe not HG status yet, but nearing. I have to first say that I am very picky about foundations. If I run out of one or even finish it all, chances are I will move on to try a new one. I have never been able to settle on one foundation for too long. The three that have come the closest to that are Revlon Colorstay (too high coverage for me), MUFE's Mat Velvet + (too thick for my liking), and Neutrogena's Healthy Skin (Which I still use, but only in the summer).

So my skin in the winter is super strange. Everywhere on my face is usually pretty normal/nearing the dry side, except for my NOSE. Oh, my gosh. My nose ALWAYS ends up a slick, oily mess during the winter, and no amount of cleansing/not cleansing moisturizing/not moisturizing does anything. Not even MUFE's Mat Velvet + with Smashbox's Photo Finish primer and a powder did anything. I was absolutely at a loss. The rest of my face is pretty good, though, not oily or dry, and barely red except for a little on my cheeks, so I decided to stop caring so much about my nose and just use a little BB cream/concealer.

Bad idea, I was even more of an oily nosed mess. I went to Target for new mascara, and decided to grab this on a whim. I got the second shade, which actually is my one gripe about this product and the reason for only 4 lippies- "classic ivory" is actually quite orange and probably won't work for anyone without a tan--luckily my week-long trip to 80 degree San Diego colored me up. I probably won't be able to match when I lose my tan, though.

On to the good stuff: NO OIL. I am in shock. I've been using this for two weeks now and I get home from school only looking a little dewy, not completely matte but certainly not full-on oil slick like I was before. It blends really well with my ELF flat-topped powder brush, and a pump and a half on the brush is enough for my face/neck, and covers redness/blemishes pretty well on its own without concealer. It also feels very smooth/satiny on my skin. It doesn't look cakey or too thick to me. I put it on with Smashbox's photo finish primer and Rimmel's stay matte powder and it does fade a little throughout the day (about nine hours for me) but not overly and not to the point where I feel the need to reapply or fix with concealer.

The packaging is great, too. I love the pump on it because it doesn't give too much product, and you can also see how much you have left. It does have a slight smell, but not anything that would bother anyone, and it goes away after application.

TL;DR, the colors are too orange. It controls my oil well and stays on well throughout my day. It's smooth and satiny on the skin and blends well, and the packaging is great.

I am so mad I didn't pick this up before. It has drastically improved how my skin looks throughout the day and I will definitely be repurchasing after I run out. I am so happy I grabbed this on a whim. Very, very, nice and on its way to HG status.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 5:55:00 AM More reviews by kazmags

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation and have been using it for a while now. It glides on beautifully and stays put. My skin looks soft and glowing, covers all my blemishes and I've had several compliments on my beautiful skin...which I certainly don't get with no make up! I do try other foundations now and then, but always come back to this

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by harrisonfjord

I purchased this because I was tired of smothering my face in medium/full coverage foundations to hide slight acne scarring and hyper-pigmentation. I though the "lighter, airbrush" finish of this foundation would be better for my skin, but I really should have done more research. The ingredients are comedogenic and broke out my cheeks horribly.

I am an NC 25 in MAC and I purchased this in shade 3.5. It was slightly too dark for my face, but the next lightest shade was too light and would have made me look like a mime. I agree with the other posters who say this foundation disappears after a few hours. I set it with the Maybelline dream matte powder, but I noticed this foundation would separate and "disappear" rather quickly. I really did like this foundation when it is freshly applied but the breakouts are just too severe for me to continue wearing this on a regular basis.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2014 8:20:00 AM More reviews by DinaD5

I wish I had have listened to the reviews, but the sales pitch for this product was just so alluring ... dream mousse, airbrush finish ... blah blah. All for $20! Well I bought the lightest shade (#1) & I'm not pasty ... just fair. This made me pink! It didn't cover any spots, just made the nice parts of my skin look textured & pink. I'll stick to Revlon.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by localgal

I have an oily "T" zone,which is prone to breakouts.This base gets sticky when it is humid out.Flakes around my nose.I found it hard to blend,it just sits on top of my skin.Always have to touch it up through out the day.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by adunn02

I can not stand this product. It is very heavy on my skin no matter how little I use it weighs me down and is very uncomfortable. It does not last all day and no matter how long or well I blend it still looks caked on. I have tried using it with primer to thin it along with moisturizer and it is horrible. My skin hates it as well I break out horribly every time I use it and I have now decided to throw it out and its not even 1/4 gone. It also has a very orange undertone and I got it in the lightest shade possible and I still looked like an oompa loompa I wasted my money on it.
Overall
Way to heavy, not enough coverage, irritates skin .

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2014 9:52:00 AM More reviews by jessicapereira1691

This product is very light weight does not really cover imperfections if you have them like me. Also I got the lightest shade which was Porcelain Ivory and it was way to orange. Was dissapointed :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by prtyleprd90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

*googly eyes* I loveeee this foundation. Maybellineís Dreamliquid Mousse definitely lives up to its name. Itís lightweight formula, medium-full coverage, itís buildable and blendable, and gives an airbrushed, poreless (or nearly poreless :-P) finish; this is my perfect foundation.

Health wise: Dreamliquid Mousse is hypoallergenic, dermatologist tested, oil and fragrance free and non-comedogenic making it safe to use for acne-prone, sensitive skin like mine.

Packaging wise: The foundation is in a small, fully transparent,clear glass bottle with a lockable pump top- perfect packaging to maintain cleanliness, hygiene and it allows you to see how much foundation is left.

Shade wise: Iíve found that with any foundation, no matter the brand, pricing, or promises it never fully matches my skin tone- and this remains a fact for this foundation. I am naturally tanned (somewhat honey/light caramel- toned) so Caramel (Dark 2) is too dark and the shade above, Pure Beige (Medium 2) is too light. So, I decided to buy both these shades and mix them (2:1 Ė Caramel to P.B .) and it created my perfect shade (the closest match Iíve ever had with a foundation). I use a foundation brush, squirt my ratio on it and gently buff it across my skin.It looks dewy and flawless. I have been using this foundation for a week and half now and have experienced no reaction or breakout. It doesnít add any shine, or become too oily and I donít experience excessive foundation transfer. And IT LASTS ALL DAY. I never have to reapply this foundation through an 8hr work shift. Lastly, it plays well with other makeup- I use Milani Mutltitasker Powder in 05 (Tan) to set it and the result is matte and beautiful- NO caking, balling up, or sliding.

Pricing/Accessibility: Dreamliquid runs about $8 Ė which is affordable considering the quality of it. And it can be found in any retailer that carries Maybelline: Target, Wal-Mart, CVS, Rite-Aid, Walgreens, etc.

Of course, when using foundation, powder, and the like-please remember to take proper care of your skin and remove all traces of makeup before going to bed, whenever it is worn. Although this foundation doesnít cause any adverse reactions, any product not meant for skin rejuventation/acne clearing sinking into your pores day after day will most likely cause pore blockages leading to breakouts. And, remember to clean your makeup tools at least 2x weekly.

I definitely recommend this foundation- and if you canít get a perfect match try blending two colors: a shade darker and a shade lighter than your skin tone.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by MarissaS05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my foundation that I always end up going back to. Whenever I try something new I always go back to this because the was the makeup sets so beautiful on the skin. It covers all imperfections and makes you glow. Whenever I try something else it never compares.