April 21, 2014 | 952 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - EverPure Moisture Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by sammmmtan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do not hate much things. However, this is the worst shampoo I've ever used. I have really soft, straight hair and just recently got blond highlights. I was recommended to use a sulfate free shampoo, so I bought what I thought was a reasonably priced shampoo that would keep my hair moisturized. What I ended up with was a tangly, split endy, dry hairdo. I was using the matching conditioner, but it did not condition. Luckily, deep conditioning and dove conditioner brought my hair back to life. I would never buy this product again or never recommend it with someone with Asian hair, like myself. It smells really good though. My hair hasn't been the same since I started using it, so I'm currently looking for a new shampoo. Thanks, L'Oreal, for making a crappy shampoo.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by makeuplane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The shampoo in itself really did appear to cleanse my hair and after blowdrying, it was very sleek and shiny. The only qualm i have with it, and this is a deal breaker for me, was the scent. at first when i squeezed a dab of the shampoo out of the bottle i marveled at the rosemary mint smell. but for whatever reason, after done with shampooing and conditioning the smell changed. as in, it smelled different in my palm before applying than on my hair when dry. i hated that! the after-smell of the shampoo on my hair ( and i tend to put 2 or 3 days in between washes, so i had to stick it out) reminded me very very much of a dog and cat shampoo that i had used for years on my animals. it just kind of grossed me out. i liked the smell on my pets but on me i prefer something more sensual. i dont know... overall id say this: product works, but smell was the deal breaker.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2011 11:33:00 AM More reviews by ispiratabyblue

First, I DON'T have color-treated hair and this product still works really great. I actually prefer using products for colored hair because they seem to make my hair shinier and even more moisturized, as well as have less harsh chemicals, since colored hair usually is more fragile and must maintain the color to avoid excessive damage.

I have long, fine, straight hair (lots of it though) but I still like this over volumizing shampoos that strip everything from my hair and cause it to get greasier quicker. This smells wonderful, comes with a lot of product, is easily attainable and not overpriced, and worth the 7-8 dollars. It also lathers really nice too even though it's sulfate-free, and is a pretty gentle shampoo if you're afraid of the words moisturizing shampoo, and like me go for volumizing ones.

Overall I like this a lot and would recommend it to many people :) It's not an HG by any means but I really don't look for HG shampoos, just ones that keep my scalp healthy and not dry or greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2011 9:27:00 AM More reviews by lizindallas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been buying expensive salon shampoos and conditioners forever and I have been highlighting my hair (professionally) for many, many years. My hair needs tons of moisturizing to stay healthy - and I wash and condition every day. This shampoo and conditioner by L'Oreal are the BEST I've ever used - salon or drugstore brand. They provide amazing moisture. I even bought the moisturizing deep conditioner that I've seen only ONCE in any store and use that one to two times a week and that is AMAZING as well....

I highly recommend this line of shampoo/conditioners... I hope L'Oreal never discontinues it...!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2011 10:30:00 PM More reviews by lolapeaches

this looked like a promising product at first so i was willing to spring for the more expensive price than im used too, and at first it actually did the job. my hair felt great and soft and clean. but after many more uses it made my hair horribly dry and brittle giving me mor split ends than i've had in my life! plus my roots feel greasy and there's always residue left on my hair, on my hair which is usually flexible won't style at all!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2011 4:12:00 AM More reviews by BunnyOnMeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just bought this shampoo and conditioner today. I LOVE IT. My old shampoo just wasn't doing the job anymore, and after bleaching my hair awhile ago, my hair is still dry and brittle. My hair has never been this soft before. It smells amazing, and does a fantastic job on making my hair look less like straw and more silky and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2011 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Mommy05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is hands down the best drug-store brand shampoo for dry or color treated hair. I have extremely tempermental hair. It's thick, I straighten it and it's color treated. I've tried $25 dollar shampoos which left my hair like straw and then went back to drug-store brands which continued to leave my hair dry and dull. This is the only shampoo that leaves my hair shiny and like silk even after using a flat iron. It also doesn't strip the color from my hair, or at least not as fast as other shampoos. I love the smell of it and it lathers up great. I use the conditioner as well and it works just as good. I use Biolage leave in conditioner too for a little added softness. It's pricey for a drug store brand ($6-7), but still inexpensive for what you are getting.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by dearrachel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For reference, I have fine, straight hair, but a lot of it. My hair is slightly damaged and prone to tangles and breakage. When I first started using this shampoo, I was absolutely in love. It made my hair look shiny and soft, and it's sulfate free which is important as I'm highly sensitive to sulfates. However, after a few months my hair began feeling dry and brittle at the ends but abnormally greasy around the roots, and I had major frizz, which I never had before. This product was great in the beginning, but unfortunately it really damaged my hair in the end.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by Lizziex3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this shampoo because it doesn't fade my color! AT ALL!
So I first decided I wanted to dye my hair to level 2 neutral for a soft black/brown back in November. I dyed it and the shampoo I was using then (Lush shampoo puck) faded it back to blond almost immediately. I dyed it again the same color but have been using this shampoo and after several weeks my color has not faded at all! So Everpure is nice because of this.
But I have some complaints:
1. It doesn't lather well especially compared to the Lush shampoo puck (which is made entirely of sodium laureth sulfate so that is understandable). Its hard to spread throughout my thick hair and it doesn't feel like its getting through to every strand if that makes sense.
2. i'm pretty sure it is this product that has caused my scalp to be itchy and irritated. I thought it might be the new Aveeno conditioner I bought but after using my regular Rusk Calming conditioner its still itchy and i have some small red pimples around my hairline now as well.
3. This is probably the most drying shampoo i've ever used. It leaves my hair puffy, frizzy, and straw-like.

Definitely would not repurchase; I am sure there are better more moisturizing products out there that will keep my color from fading!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by kathyscrapper

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Paula Begoun the Cosmetics cop gives this shampoo a terrible rating- a frownie face because it does contain sulfates. For a short time, all her reviews, including this shampoo, and every other conceivable beauty product are free for the reading on her website. I won a tube of this shampoo at Rite Ade in a gift basket give away or I would have never tried it for a couple reasons. At $5.99 I have other cheaper shampoos that work well and I actually have oily hair and don't really need a moisture shampoo. But I was pleasantly surprised when I used it, it left my hair feeling full and soft. I have actually repurchased it using a $2 coupon I got from L'Oreal's website plus it is only $4.99 at the Air Force Commissary. I can only use this when my hair does start feeling a little dry from the dry climate here in Idaho, hmm maybe I could smear it on my wrinkles too. Not real sure if I will repurchase because I need it so rarely, a tube lasts me forever. Pert does the same job in a travel size.