February 1, 2015 | 1169 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by chickengifts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This nailpolish is just plain transparent. I didn't see any pink, white, or just any color at all! I thought this would be a good nailpolish for a french manicure, but really it is colorless :(.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Easy to use - gives you a great, pink and polished nail. No streaks for me. Very sheer - I use this on my fingernails with one coat to even out my nail bed, two for a bit more opacity but it still is sheer. Nothing eye-popping or dramatic, but classy and clean. Will always be a staple in my stash!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2012 5:59:00 PM More reviews by rimanuela1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

On my NC 25 skin it was like a shiny clear polish... You need 4 coats if you want a light pinkish color... will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Roxxy6341

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I think everything about this polish has already been said. It's a sheer (very sheer) milky pink with a blue undertone. This was used by a manicurist when he did a french manicure on me and I knew I had to have it. It is just sheer enough to paint over the white tips without making them look pink. This is a staple polish for me for french manicures. I'm almost done with my first bottle, and will repurchase. The reason I gave it 4/5 is for the obvious fact that this color is time consuming to build up. If you want that opaque color you will need at least 3 coats, granted it looks very pretty when you do.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by MissMelanieM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Barely noticeable. Run of the mill sheer pink shade. May as well buy Sally Hansen Hard as Nails sheer pink in that fun vintagey bottle. Looks exactly the same.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by sexylovie84

this is a nice, paler alternative to my usual favorite ballet slippers. One coat appears useless, and the second/third coat is where the magic is. I did like 3 coats on top of white tips on natural nails. It looks nice on it's own. I would rather use something with more color.. this takes too many coats to have a purpose

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2012 1:01:00 AM More reviews by CristiK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Nice colour in the bottle, but goes on very sheer and tends to streak. Also too light for my skin tone. Meh.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 3:47:00 PM More reviews by nixsticks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just started painting my nails after a several-year hiatus -- I'm usually much too lazy, but I need to stop some bad habits and having pretty nails is a deterrent. So keep in mind that I'm not particularly skilled at applying nail polish.

I tried two other Essie pinks, True Love and BBF (technically a "mauve" but still quite pink). Then I tried Mademoiselle, but was skeptical due to all the hype.

I love it. It's totally worth the hype. Well, not if you want opaque color... it took four (very thin) coats for me to get a semi-opaque color, which to me means opaque except for VNL. But I've found it almost impossible to find a pale pink that doesn't make my warm tan skin look dirty; most of them are cool/blue-toned. Mademoiselle is so clean and pretty. It does apply streaky if you don't do it right, but I've found that to be true of all nail polish. I'm not very good at it, and I have perfect, even nails right now.

Also, weirdly enough, I remember trying OPI Bubble Bath a long time ago and thinking the color didn't live up to the adorable name. This one does!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Maurie97

Love Essie nail polish but this one I could do without. I know its a classic and i guess if you are looking for something basically clear it's good. You get a just polished nice look but that's IT. If I am going through all the work of a manicure I just want something a teeny bit darker. Does not look like what you see in bottle. Yes, its a clean look but like another post said, you could probably get the same look with buffing your own nails. Just OK for me but I returned mine and will stick with Ballet Slippers or OPI's Bubble Bath for a tad more color. I do love Essie though, just not this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by franzvonstuck

For years, this was my first and only Essie polish.
It is a true classic and you can easily see why: Neutral, glossy, clean nude colour, that makes your nails look like a dream.
Thereīs nothing special about this colour and you might think of it as another boring neutral.
But I tell you: My nails look clean and fresh, glossy and healthy. Simple nail polish, but effective as a "nail-beautifier".
Essie describes it as a classic grown up pink.
It goes well with my NC 20/BB sand skin-tone and my nails, that tend to look yellowish with the wrong colour.
I painted it on my auntīs nails and on my motherīs nails. Both are totally different types with totally different skin-tones than mine and it worked on both!
I dare to say that most women can wear this colour, but as with every other colour, there may be an exception to the rule.
I also agree with another reviewer, that this is not meant to be opaque. The sheer pinkish milkiness is one of the classic features of this colour.
As I also own sugar daddy from Essie, I can say that sugar daddy has a stronger pink undertone and while I can build mademoiselle with 2 or 3 coats, sugar daddy becomes to pink on my nails with more than one coat.
So, in a way, mademoiselle is more neutral than sugar daddy, although love them both.
I use it on my hands and toes and love to wear it summertime or wintertime.
It doesīt streak and lasts forever.
I love mademoiselle and it is "the" nude colour from Essie.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No