April 16, 2014 | 1925 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Sustainable Shadow Box

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2010 11:55:00 PM More reviews by yuphehe

I love Urban Decay shadows, and the ones in this palette are just as great. However there are many problems with this particular palette.
The packaging though seems very cute and interesting is actually no good. If you just throw this in your bag, the cover will swivel, so I prefer the flip covers more.
The mirror is so small and useless because if order to use it, you have to turn the cover entirely, but then if you do so the palette is very hard to hold so that you can use the mirror.
The brush is also no good, but that did not affect my ratings.
although I do like all the shadows in the palette they don't really work well with one another. ALL of them are too shimmery, and some are Glittery as well. I like to mix some low shimmers or mattes into my eye looks, so this palette did not make a very good stand-alone palette to me.
If you are just going to put this on a vanity to add to your collection, this palette is just fine, but if you want something more versatile, I'd say look elsewhere.
t

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2010 2:29:00 AM More reviews by diordoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i really like this palette but 2 of the colors (Midnight cowboy rides again and Uzi) have VERY chunky glitter that ends up everywhere. Uzi barely has pigmentation its basically silver glitter, but midnight cowboy rides again has nice pigmentation and also chunky glitter. Other than that its amazing and cute!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2010 3:22:00 PM More reviews by tetora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wouldn't buy again simply because I don't think I'll need to. Bought this because it had a lot of shades that I wanted to work with, and for the most part I think I'll end up using all of them. Uzi is the one exception, because I already have a pot of Polyester Bride and the color on Uzi isn't great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2010 11:45:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow i apparently forgot to write a review for this! This was my first UD palette (and only) that ive ever bought.
I decided to buy this around xmas time after aquiring a few of their singles & fell in love w/ them. It was a tough choice between this & another palette (had smog & mildew in it) but this one screamed my name. I don't regret buying it (although i do still want mildew & smog). I also just figured out what the brush was for lol, detailing & lining. Great colors but my only complaint is the same as everyone elses,i don't like the swing out lid. Id over look that & repurchase though.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by mugglemichelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was lured in by all the hype over Urban Decay shadows and I got this one b/c it came with the primer potion which I have always wanted to try. Ilike the primer but the shadow are nothing special more than DS ones I don't like too much and this is way more expensive.
The colours are pretty in the case but they don't have much pigment and don't go on smooth. And usually I love glittery things but this glitter goes EVERYWHERE! The shadows that don't have glitter get glitter mixed all over and the particles of glitter are large and random so it's just a mess. I didn't hate the brown one but that and the primer were all I liked. I feel like I totally wasted my money ($47 in Canada). I would much rather have 1 or 2 good shadows than this big pallette

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2010 11:12:00 PM More reviews by melmacncheese

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this palette specifically because I thought flipside would be a really good color to blend along with the other colors in here, but of course flipside fell out of the palette not to long after I bought it.
I am not a fan of how tiny the mirror on this is, as it makes putting on the makeup considerably harder.
I also don't like how half of the palette is pretty, smooth looking colors, and the other half are glittery messes that come off all over my face.

That said, I use this all the time for the 5 colors that are nice.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2010 6:25:00 PM More reviews by dirtyrat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

until purchasing this palette i had only used the Deluxe shadows from UD. i loooove the deluxe shadows pigmentation and they blend out like a dream so i got this palette to try out some of the regular UD shadows. i use the non glittery ones quite often,(love flipside) but the majority of these are pretty glittery. don't get me wrong - i love me some glittery eye m/u .... but i seem to have an even harder time with these and fallout than i do with MAC pigments.

i have tried dampening my brush and patting on gently, but the colors like grifter and midnight cowboy (off the top of my head) end up all over. i apply damp, and it looks great. an hour later is is all over my face - which is fine if it's a night out - but kind of a bummer when worn out during the day.

i think i will stick with the deluxe shadows.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2010 7:29:00 PM More reviews by polejunkie

This was my first UD eyeshadow i had bought, and im very very happy with it. the colors are BEAUTIFUL, and i love glitter so this pallette was made for me!! the brush is okay but i need more range with brushes, and the packaging was wonderful, aside from the sliding cover.. kinda awkward haha. it comes with a sample bottle of the UD eye primer potion which is AWESOME!! its also very nice because the shades came with a kind of pre-existing partner, since i am not too experienced with so many color choices!! but you can mix and match which helps with creating custom and creative looks!! i would definetly buy this product again!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2010 1:01:00 AM More reviews by clairebear12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this a lot!!! It's a very good deal considering Urban Decay is pretty expensive. I use YDK, Midnight Cowboy Rides Again and Half Baked to make a sort of brown smokey eye that's just lovely. The primer potion is awesome. The brush is not very good quality though. I wish there was more of the shadows they're great. Unfourtunately some of them are quite literally glitter chunks and don't go on easy. I would definatly buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2010 2:28:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

These are all pre-existing best-selling shades. You get 10 shades each 0.02oz/0.56g. The packaging is very pretty but a pain to open, however I love UD so much I'll let it slide, literally! haha, anyway it includes a brush for detailing work or thick lining. Here is the color descriptions- YDK a bronzy mocha w/ gold glitter, Midnight Cowboy Rides Again golden beige w/ bronze, gold, silver glitter, Flipside bright teal w/ blue sheen, Flash a bright iridescent purple, Grifter light lavender w/ silver glitter, Oil Slick black w/ silver glitter, Uzi metallic white-silver w/ iridescent sparkles, Kiddie Pool, pool blue w/ glitter, Twice Baked darker brown w/ a little gold glitter, Half Baked shiny bronze.