Revlon Matte Lipstick - Nude Attitude

2.9

Buying this I knew that it would be drying from the many reviews and swatches Ive seen and by the finish: matte. But I bought it determined to make it work. First off, the packaging is matte plastic circular tube with a clear plastic on top showing the actual product itself. It looks classy and simple. Right off the bat, just looking at the lipstick itself I can see no shine to it. The color is a nude with a good hint of peach borderline orange. It actually is a beautiful nude ( I admit on some skin tones it just wont work) because on my pigmented lips the orange/peach tone to it cancels out and looks more like a nude with a pink tint to it. However, the dryingness to it is horrible. I tried everything in so many combinations: lipbalms, lipliners, lipgloss, technique in applying, amount that I apply, pairing with other lipsticks. Nothing works. It makes my lips look cracked, chapped and very dry. All the lipstick gathers in one area on my lips. I have never had a problem like this with any lipstick ever. Unless you do not have any problems whatsoever with dry lips, do not get this. There are plenty of other nude lipsticks out there to try. Pass on this.

on 8/12/2012 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I wanted a nude lipstick and I tried other colors that I love and decided to go for this one. It looks super pale in my skin and just plain weird. I don't know how to mix it so it doesn't look like I had a rare color on my lips.

on 7/25/2012 2:54:00 AM

I'm a PPP. I wear light pink lipsticks only. I bought Nude Attitude with Revlon's other Matte colour, Pink Pout so that I could warm it up a bit so that Pink Pout is not as lilac/blue toned. Together these two Revlon matte shades make a perfect and very unique light pink colour for me. Nude Attitude is also a good base colour when you want to neutralize the remnant of darker lipstick you have removed that has stained your lips so that you can apply another colour again. It is also a great lightening slightly "warming" colour to tone down the blue/lilac cool tones of a lippie. This shade is great underneath a lipgloss for a different variation of a look. I love that these mattes are unscented. I would prefer a totally clear and sturdy top though as an improvement so I can easily tell what colour they are since I have a collection. I resent having to remember to pair this with lipbalm underneath because I often don't when i'm in a rush. I will probably replace with MAC's Snob or Pink Plaid when I run out and combine that with another MAC nude because MAC is more moisturizing. - Unless of course Revlon makes a dupe of this particular colour combination, I've created that's more moisturizing, while retaining the pigment concentration and running cheaper than MAC...Are u listening, Revlon? A girl can hope, right? And pink is a popular colour...

on 7/20/2012 3:01:00 PM

Don't really care for this color at all. It is just way too light for anyone's skin tone. I have fair skin and it just looked horrible. I thought it would be a nice light pink but it is like orange-beige....not nice at all.

on 6/27/2012 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

My poor lips couldn't bear anymore anguish! WAY too drying. It cracked my lips and looked awful! Such a shame since it is a great color. Don't purchase unless you want your lips to look chapped.

on 6/11/2012 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I had been checking out this lipstick and a few others and i was on the hunt for a Kim K nude and this came close from what i could see.After i bought this i tried it on in the car(what i usually do when im excited about a product) and i hated it! I never put lipstick on at full force but even when blotted on it looked pretty bad.Because i paid around $8 for this i didnt wanna just take it back or trash it so i just decided to keep it and use it for when i want certain lipsticks to be lighter

on 6/11/2012 7:09:00 PM

I hate this lipstick. I have extremely light skin and even that made me look like the walking dead. The color has way too much orange in it and doesn't look very matte to me. It makes me look extremely scary and clown-like. I wouldn't recommend this on any skin tone. Don't buy it!

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I wanted to love this lipstick. It is indeed a gorgeous colour, but the consistency absolutely ruins it. It settles into the natural lines in the lips. It is streaky and bunches up. In order to get past this, I tried applying a little bit of lip balm to my lips before applying the lipstick, but it still failed to work. After 10 minutes my lips were a streaky mess again. Before I bought this, I'd read terrible reviews on here but I still wanted to give this a go because the colour looked so nice. The consistency kills it. Packaging is average. Bad consistency. Drying lipstick. It was quite expensive too. Take note of the low rating MUA's - it's for a reason.

on 5/12/2012 9:43:00 PM

Ummm.. I didnt give this lipstick a 1 cuz this is partly my fault. I shoulda known that the color was too light for my tan skin.. I put it on and was grossed out.. I looked like a zombie with a nasty case of chaped lips! It seriously finds every little crevice in ur lips and settles in them making ur lips looks a desert..its hard to get it smooth cuz its pretty dry. This listick is just not for me

on 5/12/2012 6:17:00 PM

ive heard this is a dupe for mac myth, and having purchased both, i can assure you this is nottt a good dupe for myth. i love myth n i hated nude attitude. it came up orange on my nc20 skin.

Popular Lipsticks