July 25, 2014 | 1025 users online

Powder - Lancome - Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 2:32:00 AM More reviews by gpark02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is great for minimal coverage. I don't like to wear foundation for work so I just put this powder on and it's great!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by gksk520

this product looks a little bit different from when i bought it.. The coverage was just medium for me. It wasn't terrible but i really could not STAND the smell so i gave it to my mom.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by ingridwinter

I highly recommend this product despite the price that seems high. It is actually well worth the price for a couple or resons:

1) the product provides great coverage either wet or dry.

2) the product lasts a very long time. I wear it every day and it lasts for more than two years.

The quality of the sponge and the pad are very good, not like the budget brands. You get what you pay for.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 8:36:00 AM More reviews by pocky

I have this in Matte Ecru II, which is a decent match for my NC25 skin. It's not nearly as yellow-toned as my HG Diorskin Forever compact foundation in Linen, but oh well. Lancome foundations tend to run a little too pink/peach for me anyway. I apply Dual Finish with a damp Beautyblender sponge for a flawless finish. I only use this foundation on days when I bascially only need to even out my skintone a little but not look like I'm wearing makeup because Dual Finish gives a very light coverage. You will not be able to cover up any blemishes, only mattify your skin and even your skintone a tiny bit. When applied wet, the finish more of a satiny matte instead of a powdery matte. I don't ever wear Dual Finish dry on its own so I can't say what the finish is like dry, but it's perfect wet and as a setting powder over liquid foundation. The fragrance is awful but fades after about 30 minutes. Lasting power is decent for me (I have combination to dry skin, not very oily and no large pores) but it will sweat off so I can only wear if it's not so hot out that I will sweat or if I'm going to be mostly in air conditioning.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by karencilla9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this just like a compact powder and it`s really good, it has a sheer coverage, nothing heavy, really good quality, velvety finish, not chalky at all (If you are looking for a full coverage this is not the product for you). It`s a bit expensive, but wait: this really last for months! Mine last almost a year (no kidding!!!) using it every single day! This powder doubles the content of every other compact powders, so at the end, it's not really pricey, because you are getting good quality and a fair amount of product.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by dhoppykins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm so mad at Lancome I could spit! I have used Dual Finish for years and adore it but something's changed. It took me weeks to figure out that the red scaley rash on my jaw and checks was from their powder. I'm just sick of companies changing their formulations and ruining wonderful products!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 11:24:00 AM More reviews by sarahq1

I started using this product a few months ago after having only used liquid foundation. I wanted to transition into using powder foundation, even though my skin can get a little dry and flaky. It's just soooooo much easier and takes such less time. I use Matte Sand III. The shades are lighter than what it appears to be on the website. I am an NC40 in Mac.

I loooove the feel of this foundation on my skin. I would say it is a medium- to full- coverage buildable foundation. I have acne scars that are dark and need to be covered so I use a wet sponge and apply all over my face. The coverage is amazing and so is the feel of the foundation. I don't feel like I am wearing any foundation!

Here is how I apply it. First, I apply my Mac Prep and Prime primer all over my face. I don't use this product for around my eyes because this area for me is much much darker than the rest of my face, so I use a liquid foundation around my eye area, wait for it to dry, then apply a concealer under my eyes. After that, I apply the powder with a wet sponge (not on the eye area), and then use Mac Fix + spray to set it. Sometimes, when I really feel that my acne scars are looking much darker, I use Mac Studio Sculpt concealer on the scars, wait for it to dry a bit, then apply the powder with a wet sponge on top.

I have even used a translucent setting powder instead of the fix plus and loved the feel of it. I think we aren't supposed to use a setting powder over powder foundation, but it works for me!

Anyone looking for a good quality powder foundation that delivers should definitely buy this!

Just one more thing to add, I have been using my Sephora Microsmooth foundation and I can say that the sephora one provides a luminosity that this one doesn't. I love both for different reasons, but for the cost, if I had a choice, I would go for the Sephora Microsmooth foundation which I also apply with a wet sponge.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by MissNRI

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this powder a lot and I do find it very versatile. I apply a very thin layer before my foundation to absorb sweat and oil in the hot humid summer, use it to take shine off my nose, and sometimes apply it with a wet sponge for better coverage in the heat, when I feel like liquid foundation would get too runny. It has good staying power and looks very natural and nice on my skin. It's nothing transforming or amazing but it's a very good and reliable powder and a purchase I did not regret.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by VBaricelli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Lancome's Dual Finish Powder. I don't find it to be expensive, but one compact lasts at least 6 months for me. I usually buy the unscented version, but the scented one doesn't bother me. I like that I can use it wet or dry and it provides light coverage. I don't use liquid foundation at all, so this works perfectly for me. I've been using it over 20 years!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 1:39:00 AM More reviews by Mrsriah

I love Lancome! This powder is ok. Not much coverage! I still have to wear foundation. I do like the fact taht it last long and I dont have to re- apply over and over. I would recomend for people with oily skin. I bought it and it came with a bunch of free goodies! That is always a plus :)