Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.9

on 5/20/2013 12:10:00 AM

This is going back to the Lancome counter. I asked for a setting powder, and the saleswoman recommended this powder. The overpowering old lady scent really puts me off, and the finish is so matte that it looks terribly unnatural on me. I got the powder in the lightest color, and it has a pinkish cast that makes my face look red. I don't find that it lasts particularly well, as I have been using it for touch ups on my foundation throughout the day, and within an hour or so, the touched-up area is again in need of a touch up. Oh well!

on 5/5/2013 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have been using this for years (about 8). It is my HG and I use it everyday. I haven't mastered the art of the wet application though. When I do use a wet sponge it changes (hardens) the powder and you have to loosen it to use it. When you compare price per gram it is actually very close to powders you find at a drugstore. My biggest problem is that it doesn't last as long as I would like it to. My forehead is very shiny (not oil, although I have oily skin....it's more of a squeaky clean type of shine if that makes any sense) and the powder doesn't keep it matte for very long. It is my most favourite item of makeup. It last forever and makes my skin look flawless!

on 3/16/2013 5:51:00 PM

I don't hate this product but they don't carry the unscented version near me and HOLY monkey this stuff stinks like my grandma's rejected makeup drawer. It is SO overpoweringly floral old lady smell. Now I love older ladies but I do not need my skin smelling like that.

I do have combo/oily skin and this stuff doesn't work as well as I would like. Just alone after I cleanse, tone, moisturize and apply a primer...it just looks patchy some days. Other days it looks great but you never know til you actually get into applying it. But like I said before the smell keeps me from wanting to grab for it.

I will probably give this away or something because I just can't stand it.

on 3/4/2013 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this. I have been using this for 5 years now after drugstore foundations no longer cut it for me. Your skin is so fun in your thirties...lol.. Anyway, this goes on like a matte finish. Does not cake and I feel like everything cakes on me. Does not sit in any of your fine lines. I feel like my skin is almost flawless. I have sensitive skin and I never break out from it. It also comes in a fragrance free which I usually get but I bought the fragranced one by mistake and I never had a problem.You can put it on wet or dry but I find when I have done the wet in the past the powder gets that shiny stuff on it and then eventually it starts breaking. The sponge applicator alone is to die for. I actually save all the ones from my previous compacts and wash them and save them for other stuff. Tip: Don't throw away the plastic cover thing that comes in it. Keep it to store your sponge so your compact doesn't get ruined from your dirty sponge. This is one thing in my makeup bag I cannot live without.

on 2/27/2013 5:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Very good product.

on 2/27/2013 3:07:00 PM

I've used this off and on for many years, and recently returned to it after receiving my color in a swap.

I am not sensitive to scent, so I've never noticed any particular fragrance in this product. I generally use mine as a setting powder, applying with an Eco-Tools powder brush. It gives a very natural and non-cakey appearance, and lasts all day. It gives me an airbrushed appearance.

Considering how long a compact lasts, the price is fairly reasonable. I think it's one of the best in the market.

on 2/20/2013 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The texture of this powder was very nice, finely milled and felt good on the skin, but thats about it.. not worth the $32 price tag at all. I was not impressed with this powder, and returned it at Macy's. I was looking for a powder that had medium coverage, and this really didnt cover much at all. I also think I had the wrong color, a bit too orange-y, even though I was color matched at the counter. Overall, I felt like Maybelline Dream Matte powder covers just as much, and would set your foundation. Maybe not as finely milled, but a heck of a lot cheaper! If you are looking for an amazing HG powder, I recommend Jane Iredale pure pressed base powder with spf 20. That stuff is amazing, and my new holy grail. I dont even need foundation or hardly any concealer anymore- I just swirl that on top of my sunscreen (which I wear even though it has spf 20) and it makes your skin look airbrushed without looking like you have much on at all! The compact is expensive initially $55, but the refills are $40, or $33 on ebay.. and when it replaces your foundation, powder and cuts way back on concealer.. I feel like I save money that way! Check it out. Never breaks me out, and its just awesome.

on 12/28/2012 10:55:00 AM

This is my HG powder and I have been using it for years. I'm Matte Bisque II and in over five years have never had to change colors even though I go from moderately tan in the summer to quite pale in the winter. I have tried other powders such as Benefit's Hello Flawless!, MUFE, and Bare Minerals but always go back to Lancome (although if Lancome ever discontinues the Dual Finish, which I pray they don't, then the Hello Flawless! would be my next option).

The only thing I don't like about this product is the puffs they give you. I usually throw them out and just use a puff I get at the beauty supply store or use the Bare Mineral Handy Buki Brush to apply it.

Other than that I love this compact and will continue to use it as long as Lancome keeps selling it.

on 12/28/2012 10:53:00 AM

I love this product and use it daily. I have used it for a couple years now and it lasts a long time. If i could change one thing about the products packaging it would be the material the top lip is. It looks pretty but i find it scratches and looks junky really easily. I dont find the smell overwhelming as i have seen others report, or I'm used to it :P It is a good coverage for me as i have fair skin with few imperfections and it goes over really nicely on my Josie Maran foundation. deffinattley a re buy. It did seem expensive at first though, which is why i took off a lippie.

This product is okay. I was looking for a replacement for my Rock and Republic powder which has been sadly depleted. I would like this product more if it didn't smell so much like an old lady. The powder didn't over or underwhelm me that much. The price is a bit more than a drugstore brand, but it hasn't done anything to really impress me. I will use this product up, but the old lady smell is preventing me from repurchasing it again.