July 26, 2014 | 1812 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Diorissimo

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2009 12:27:00 AM More reviews by missnat

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Absolutely gorgeous, classy, classic, very feminine scent. I first heard of it when I asked my client what she was wearing and she said Diorissimo. It's funny, though,how personal fragrance is. I would never wear this myself. It just wouldn't feel like "me". But I just love the way this smells.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2009 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Dagney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous scent. Really truly does smell like a bouquet of lily of the valley. There is nothing shrill about this fragrance like some lily perfumes. Very well rounded, voluptuous, and classy. Floral with some sweetness, very versatile........you could wear this to something as informal as a picnic as well as to the specialist of days like your very own wedding. Considering when Diorissimo was first developed, there is nothing old fashioned about this perfume........ it's timeless. I really want a bottle of this as part of my collection.
Edit: April 7, 09 - I purchased the parfum via Fragrancenet and it's much richer than the edt, (above review based on edt). I'll probably purchase the edt as well since there is enough of a difference. Both versions are gorgeous.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2008 2:36:00 AM More reviews by winterfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful lilly of the valley fragarance... Gorgeous, tender, sensual... Perfume for big moments in someone's life - for wedding, for teaching your baby to walk, for every moment that is big for it's significance when you don't want to steal the show...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2008 12:17:00 AM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this! I wear Chanel No 19, Alien Body Cream (the perfume is a bit too strong for me), Pink Sugar periodically, and Must de Cartier as well as the original Burberry every so often. I was looking for something with Jasmine - something not sharp, not complicated. The SA said to try Dior, but I was hesitant. I tried a couple, too sweet, too weird, then I asked what this Diorissimo was - it looked like a classic! The SA said I wouldn't like it, but I sprayed it and, voila, loved it! She said it was pretty pure Lily of the Valley, but there was something else I loved. It stayed true, although it wears off quickly so no staying power, but hey for a great scent, I can spray it into a purse decanter. Anyway, when I got home, I looked up the notes and the base note is Jasmine! So lo and behold, I got what I wanted. And I love it - I am wearing it everyday because it is so easy to wear, feminine and pleasant. Lovin' it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2008 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Melloney

This is a beautiful floral fragrance and to me, it's Lilly of the Valley all the way . It's gorgeous of course but I am not that into Lily Of the Valley so I gave it 4 lippies. Between Miss Dior and this, I would take Miss Dior simply because on my skin, the Lily of The Valley note is very strong and I smell like a florist's !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2008 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wore this during my college days and to this day love it. Diorissimo is a perfect lily of the valley floral and although quite green it doesn't turn metallic on me as so many green scents do. This is very feminine but not femme fatale, lady like but not prudish and floral without being insipid and sweet. Diorissimo is the scent of rebirth and all the possibilities for growth that the spingtime suggests. This is a perfect scent for a garden party wedding.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2008 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Tess35

I like this fragrance a lot. Not too sweet and is clean. Elegant yet not overpowering. But everywhere I go I smell this a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2008 1:24:00 AM More reviews by goddring

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I cannot wear this because of allergies but I am entranced by this scent. It is one of the most recognizable fragrances. I just LOVE when I catch a whiff of it and I think...wow! Lucky woman that can wear it! A pure classic ( with an edge) BEAUTY! Leaves a wonderful signature trail.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2008 4:37:00 PM More reviews by lemonlye

From the first moment of opening the vial, I thought, "Wow, spring bouquet!" Hyacinth in particular, it seemed, or those narcissus bulbs that people grow indoors in late winter, though that's only because I'm not as familiar with lily of the valley in the natural world. But either way, this perfume does smell natural; it captures the beautiful feel of a fresh, dewy flower in spring. It makes me think of the softest, lightest cotton frocks (the word "dresses" would be too heavy for this scent). It's old-fashioned but young. It reminds me a bit of Clinique Happy, but without those meddlesome fruit notes. I tend to like more complex scents, ones with greens and spices and resins and hints of smoke, but I do like this little handful of blossoms.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2008 2:19:00 PM More reviews by highrise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love---LOTV with green edge. Huge sentimental value for me as it was my first 'proper' perfume that I bought for myself when I was 17. Largely springlike, ladylike, young, fresh/pure, suitable for anyone. Benchmark, classic, etc., it's just beautiful in itself, without a lot of chatter. Wear it to a wedding, work, bed.