November 28, 2014 | 1303 users online

Loose Powders - New York Color - loose translucent powder

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by anaelleee

The powder itself is fine and smooth and makes my skin quite soft, but I find that I do need to constantly apply it, because I still get oily, but that's fine because it barely cakes on me at all! Only on some of the dry patches around my acne scars ):

The packaging is quite bad, but honeslty, what can you expect from such an inexpensive product! Also, dont bother with the sponge it comes with haha. I apply the product with a big soft fluffy brush :3

Make sure to moisturize your face first and put on a good foundation/bb cream/primer or similar product so the powder can really grip itself onto something! By the way, my skin is NC20-25, and the shade transluscent is a tad pale for me, especially in natural sunlight, it gives me a slight grey cast, but this can be fixed with either a darker foundation or application with a light hand! It seems a bit pale in the jar, but blends okay(: Im just saying because I had a heck of a time deciding if I should get Naturally Beige or this shade! This also makes me look white and ghostly in pictures, so for picture-taking-events, I wouldnt recommend, but should be fine for everyday use (to school, work, etc).

One last thing, if you purchase this, cover up all the sifter holes except for 3-4, or else this will be a super messy product! If you do this extra step, application will be way easier, cleaner and faster (: you could also buy both shades and maybe mix them (LOL I have no idea..) and make your own shade (play around with the ratios of the two shades!)
Hope this was helpful!

EDIT: I don't use this any more as the ingredients in this are a major turn-off for me :c Ive found pressed powders that control mid-day shine better, dont give a grey cast and that contain better ingredients :) I would still reccommend trying this because its inexpensive, but this isnt for me.

For a natural mattifying powder, give cornstarch a try! It's an active ingredient in many natural-blend face powders (:

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 11:00:00 AM More reviews by alyssa18o6

I've repurchased this product quite a few times, and you can't go wrong. The price is amazing, under $4 at most drugstrores. Alot of people are complaining about the packaging but I don't feel like my lid comes off super easy, I feel like it kind of "suctions" down. I've tried the Cover Girl loose powder before and definitely prefer this. I do find it a bit messy, but it's worth it for me. It leaves a nice silk like finish on my face after my foundation. I've tried this with quite a few different foundations and it's worked perfectly every time!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2011 11:16:00 AM More reviews by AyameAngel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first loose powder I've ever tried and I am quite pleased with it. My only problem is the clumsy packaging. It is very flimsy and the top comes off really easily so you can't take it with you anywhere since it will dump out. I will repurchase this when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2011 10:13:00 AM More reviews by thebeautymakeupreview

Really good translucent powder. Leaves a lovely smooth finish on the skin and does help my make up last longer. Only downside being the awkward packaging. Full review here beautymakeupreview.blogspot.com :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 10:02:00 AM More reviews by katerbug

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

i have oily skin sometimes becaus i play field hockey so much. but this i amazing!!! after practice and my teamates want to go get a smoothie i wip off my face and put this on. BOOM!!! not more shine i LOOOVE THIS STUFF!
xoxoxxo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by EvilyKyoko

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such great stuff for the price. It leaves my skin looking very smooth, and not powdery unless you way overdo it. I have the translucent and Naturally Beige. It's only $3 each! You get so much product too! This isn't my HG loose powder but if it was, I would not be running out anytime soon!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by funsizedxcutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

for starters, the packaging is horrendous. the top of the container just sort of slides on and off without a anything holding it in place. that being said, the powder never fails to end up everywhere. nonetheless, i love the product itself! i've never had a problem with cakeyness. granted, it doesn't have much oil control at all, but it's great for touch ups. it does manage to set my makeup nicely without causing my face to change to an odd color like so many other powders i have tried also. and i mean, let's face it, it's darn cheap! i give it four stars. minus a star for packaging and messyness. this is definitely not a product to travel with unless you can find a better solution to packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by melimoe

Well to begin with i feel this powder leaves my skin looking ghostish no big deal it goes away within the first 15 mins
as far as oil controls goes its not that great and i have super oily skin >< so its nothing amazing
would i buy this product again? probably not, i prefer my ELF's HD transculent powder

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 1:55:00 PM More reviews by ajaeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. It's sucks up shine like nobody's business. I have oily skin & I use CG AquaSmooth makeup every so often; this powder works well over both my bare skin and the makeup. No blotchies, no cake, and if I wanted to, I could pile it on and there would be no visible colour change. I don't use the sponge that came with it - instead, my mini-kabuki works super awesome with it. I give it the BE treatment: pour a bit, swirl, tap, buff, smile!

The packaging can be a turn-off for some, but I left the majority of the protective sticker on it, and then covered all but half of one hole. I travel with this pretty much all the time, and this is the easiest way to keep it from spilling all over. It might make your makeup bag look a little bulky, but if you're like me and only travel with eye-liner and this, you should be fine.

My skin is prone to break-outs & rashes, but this doesn't break me out or clog my pores. I wouldn't, however, leave it on overnight - as light as it is, and as awesome as your skin looks with it on, it is still makeup and needs to be washed off! Fortunately, it also washes off quite easily :)

I would recommend this, especially if you have skin that gradually becomes oily through-out the day, like mine. It's cheap and there's a ton, and it doesn't have any weird smells or huge chunks. You won't be disappointed!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2011 10:07:00 AM More reviews by YCH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Great cheap powder, packaging is awful, but what do you expect for this price. Bought this after looking everywhere for Coty in the UK and failing to find it.