April 17, 2014 | 1829 users online

Loose Powders - New York Color - loose translucent powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2011 10:13:00 AM More reviews by thebeautymakeupreview

Really good translucent powder. Leaves a lovely smooth finish on the skin and does help my make up last longer. Only downside being the awkward packaging. Full review here beautymakeupreview.blogspot.com :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 10:02:00 AM More reviews by katerbug

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

i have oily skin sometimes becaus i play field hockey so much. but this i amazing!!! after practice and my teamates want to go get a smoothie i wip off my face and put this on. BOOM!!! not more shine i LOOOVE THIS STUFF!
xoxoxxo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by EvilyKyoko

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such great stuff for the price. It leaves my skin looking very smooth, and not powdery unless you way overdo it. I have the translucent and Naturally Beige. It's only $3 each! You get so much product too! This isn't my HG loose powder but if it was, I would not be running out anytime soon!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by funsizedxcutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

for starters, the packaging is horrendous. the top of the container just sort of slides on and off without a anything holding it in place. that being said, the powder never fails to end up everywhere. nonetheless, i love the product itself! i've never had a problem with cakeyness. granted, it doesn't have much oil control at all, but it's great for touch ups. it does manage to set my makeup nicely without causing my face to change to an odd color like so many other powders i have tried also. and i mean, let's face it, it's darn cheap! i give it four stars. minus a star for packaging and messyness. this is definitely not a product to travel with unless you can find a better solution to packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by melimoe

Well to begin with i feel this powder leaves my skin looking ghostish no big deal it goes away within the first 15 mins
as far as oil controls goes its not that great and i have super oily skin >< so its nothing amazing
would i buy this product again? probably not, i prefer my ELF's HD transculent powder

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 1:55:00 PM More reviews by ajaeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. It's sucks up shine like nobody's business. I have oily skin & I use CG AquaSmooth makeup every so often; this powder works well over both my bare skin and the makeup. No blotchies, no cake, and if I wanted to, I could pile it on and there would be no visible colour change. I don't use the sponge that came with it - instead, my mini-kabuki works super awesome with it. I give it the BE treatment: pour a bit, swirl, tap, buff, smile!

The packaging can be a turn-off for some, but I left the majority of the protective sticker on it, and then covered all but half of one hole. I travel with this pretty much all the time, and this is the easiest way to keep it from spilling all over. It might make your makeup bag look a little bulky, but if you're like me and only travel with eye-liner and this, you should be fine.

My skin is prone to break-outs & rashes, but this doesn't break me out or clog my pores. I wouldn't, however, leave it on overnight - as light as it is, and as awesome as your skin looks with it on, it is still makeup and needs to be washed off! Fortunately, it also washes off quite easily :)

I would recommend this, especially if you have skin that gradually becomes oily through-out the day, like mine. It's cheap and there's a ton, and it doesn't have any weird smells or huge chunks. You won't be disappointed!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2011 10:07:00 AM More reviews by YCH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Great cheap powder, packaging is awful, but what do you expect for this price. Bought this after looking everywhere for Coty in the UK and failing to find it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 10:44:00 AM More reviews by brohay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i tryed this powder after the rave reviews i heard i use this powder over my minerilized satainfinsh mac foundation and it is amazing! makes my make up stay on all day and its so silky n smooth lovely buy and lovely price!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2011 2:24:00 AM More reviews by hannahbanana434

love this stuff! it makes me look flawless and matte. its a great and cheap translucent powder for everyday wear. it'd definitely buy this product again

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by shcjeunbyeol

the powder was ok but then the packaging sucked. so i just threw it away after a few tries. i couldnt stand the packaging. the packaging is terrible. it leaks everywhere.