The Body Shop Born Lippy Lip Balm

3.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

(Rasberry) Im working now but I've used this product since I was in 6th grade! yup2x im crazy about lip stuff since 12. back then the pigmentation is great. it gave me a hint of healthy natural pink with gloss and it would leave my lips supple and smooth too. then eventually I noticed that the tint got lighter. it would also leave my lips a tad bit dry. i dont think it's aging that's causing this (LOL). i mean, im only 22 and i dont smoke or drink or whatever that might affect my skin or lips. idk. maybe they changed the formula? BUT the scent! oooh smells like candy paradise. people around me would notice the delicious scent. the scent kept me buying and it brings me back to the good old days where disney channel actually featured good shows. (hehe)

A MUST HAVE :-)
they dont work any miracles however they smell gorgeous and leave your lips feeling lovely and smooth and looking glossed but not overly glossed as if you have actual lip gloss on, a must have for men and women. especially for the price, i always have 3 flavours in my makeup bag and one in my pocket always. theyre always on 3 for 2 also.

if you're looking for a great lip product i recomend mac lip conditioner, it's amazing my HG lipbalm

I have this in Watermelon, which is pretty much colourless and scentless. I apply a little on my lips every morning before putting on any kind of lip colour on. It isn't particularly moisturising, but serves the purpose I use it for.

I LOVE THIS! I have them in the flavours: Strawberry, Watermelon, Passionfruit,Satsuma Shimmer and Pink Guava! First off, they smell delisous! But sometimes if I get fed up of using it at school everyday (which I do) I like to use my lightly apple scented vaseline when I go to bed. I dont know about other people but the product stays quite well on my lips (If I havent licked it off already!) And since im quite young, its fun to share them with my friends (I know not that hyginic but I only share with my besties!) The packaging is really sturdy and the lid with the shape of the fruit is really sweet and cute. Also I thought I might just put this in, my birthday is soon and im having a sleepover and my mum got loads of them to put in goodie bags! Last is the price: I think they are very reasnable with the priceing, a pot is either 2.50p or 3.00 pounds, but I got a set of 3 for four pounds whick I thought was a good deal! I also saw the pack of I cant remeber how much lipbalms (but there was quite a few) for 10 pounds which was a chruistmas set. I think Ive saidenough so I really reomend this product and hope to get lots of other flavours in the future! Thanks for reading!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have no idea why I keep purchasing these- since I don't use them. Well, I guess the fragrance is attractive (I have the strawberry, satsuma, cranberry and golden apple)
I don't think it works as a lip balm- it performs rather as a lipgloss (a not long lasting!) in terms of sheer colour and shine.
Recently I realised that I haven't used them for years- so I scooped the product to use the containers (I only kept the golden apple one since the scent is unique and reminds me of holidays)
Two lippies for the delicious scent and the fact that (if you end up using it) you get a lot of product in the pot.
For me it doesn't worth it after all.

includes a lot of product inside and would last you a long time <3 it does moisturize your lips and gives a little shines, the only problem i have is the packaging, it's kinda hard to get the product out if you have long nails like mine :<

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is perfect to for just chucking in your bag and refreshing your lips throughout the day. Although I think there are a lot of better products for moisturising your lips this one leaves them glossy with a hint of colour. They also smell nice!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I used to have this a couple of years ago and have gone through two pots of these. Honestly, the only reason why I bought one was because it was the only lip balm that gave me a little bit of color and gloss at the same time. When it came to actually moisturizing my lips, I'm not so sure. I still love my regular lip balms for that. The pakaging really bugs me though. Totally not a fan of having to dip your finger in the pot every time. I have one more pot that I haven't finished after finally trying out other tinted lip conditioners from other brands. I doubt I'll be purchasing more because I love those more than this now.

This lip balm is deceivingly moisturizing when first applied to the lips. The thickness and glossiness of the balm is refreshing at first, I repeat, at first. After a few minutes, the product completely fades away to reveal chapped lips. I applied and reapplied, assuming I just needed a little more. I really wanted to love this balm, but was severely disappointed. The scent is beautiful (grapefruit is the one I bought) and it leaves a glossy, pretty sheer finish that is nice for a few minutes before it completely dissipates on your lips. It comes in a sturdy tub, which I am going to keep and fill up with something else. Bottom line: I would never repurchase. Don't be deceived by the fruity smells and thick texture. This balm sucks.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I was severely allergic to this. This was given to me by my sister as a gift years ago. I was excited to try this as it has a really nice watermelony flavor. The next day my lips were horribly swollen! I stopped using it and by the end of the day the swelling subsided. A few days later, I tried it again, dismissing the first time, it had to be something I ate. Hah! 2 hours later my lips were huge like it was stung by a bee. No doubt this was the cause. The tube is unhygienic and this lip balm isn't moisturizing also. Will never in my life repurchase!

Popular Lip Treatments