April 20, 2014 | 1447 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Born Lippy Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2011 3:26:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I used to have this a couple of years ago and have gone through two pots of these. Honestly, the only reason why I bought one was because it was the only lip balm that gave me a little bit of color and gloss at the same time. When it came to actually moisturizing my lips, I'm not so sure. I still love my regular lip balms for that. The pakaging really bugs me though. Totally not a fan of having to dip your finger in the pot every time. I have one more pot that I haven't finished after finally trying out other tinted lip conditioners from other brands. I doubt I'll be purchasing more because I love those more than this now.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by kasiecakes

This lip balm is deceivingly moisturizing when first applied to the lips. The thickness and glossiness of the balm is refreshing at first, I repeat, at first. After a few minutes, the product completely fades away to reveal chapped lips. I applied and reapplied, assuming I just needed a little more. I really wanted to love this balm, but was severely disappointed. The scent is beautiful (grapefruit is the one I bought) and it leaves a glossy, pretty sheer finish that is nice for a few minutes before it completely dissipates on your lips. It comes in a sturdy tub, which I am going to keep and fill up with something else. Bottom line: I would never repurchase. Don't be deceived by the fruity smells and thick texture. This balm sucks.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was severely allergic to this. This was given to me by my sister as a gift years ago. I was excited to try this as it has a really nice watermelony flavor. The next day my lips were horribly swollen! I stopped using it and by the end of the day the swelling subsided. A few days later, I tried it again, dismissing the first time, it had to be something I ate. Hah! 2 hours later my lips were huge like it was stung by a bee. No doubt this was the cause. The tube is unhygienic and this lip balm isn't moisturizing also. Will never in my life repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2011 8:15:00 AM More reviews by Cherrybello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't know why there are so many negative reviews on this product. I was first given this as a gift years ago and loved it then. It was in a slightly bigger container, in orange flavour, and it worked great as lip gloss, it is so moisturising, I often put them on before bed to keep them from chapping overnight - worked as well as Vaseline, minus the runny texture that Vaseline has and it doesn't get in my mouth so I could taste it. I also use this before my lipstick and gloss, it helps with keeping my lips from peeling with lipsticks. I haven't actually ever purchased this product myself so far because I keep getting them for Christmas, but I would definitely buy them when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2011 6:01:00 AM More reviews by danimaria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love! Really lovely smell.(and taste) Great tint and shine. Not very moisturizing but such a lovely product to use instead of lipgloss.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by HGemma

A bit expensive, yes, but I'd buy it again even if just for the scent! As with most other people here, I find that it doesn't moisturize the way that I need, but it does have a lovely shimmer/lip tint to it that makes it more like a gloss.
It goes on very smoothly, and you don't feel it when it's on. It's very weightless.

I didn't have problems with the packaging-I think it's cute and durable, when I run out (very close!) I'll probably use it for something else.

Overall: Good! Might not be worth it to some people, about $8 for a jar, but I'd repurchase!

Use it over another balm like Burts Bees

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by loveoverload

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

So I bought this lip gloss because I see everyone using it and it smells delicious. So I bought this strawberry one and wow it smells yummy! but it did NOT taste yummy. at all. The lip gloss itself is, however, very sticky and it felt gross on my lips. It is shiny enough if you are into lip glosses, but I'm not really a lip gloss girl. The pot is nice and strong I guess, and I can use it for something else after its finished. I didn't finish it and I got my friends to help me use it. Even then it didn't finish. I ended up scooping the lip gloss out and kept the pot haha.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by CookieDough117

I have this in strawberry. There are both good and bad things about this lip balm. The good things are.. It smells soooo good! And it leaves a nice reddish tint and gloss to the lips. However, I just don't feel it does what a lip balm is meant to do which is moisturise. It's more like a gloss that disappears after a while and your lips are back to being dry again. Also, I HATE the packaging! It leaves my finger sticky after dipping it into the pot and also if you have long nails it's soooo annoying because once more of the lip balm gets used up and you have to dip your finger deeper into the pot, the lip balm gets into your nails which is horrible. I wouldn't again, although the smell is amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2011 10:09:00 AM More reviews by makeupfeverobessiveness

I love the Born Lippy Satsuma Shimmer Lip Balm! It smells so nice, that I really want to eat eat. I find if you apply quite a lot of product on it gets very shimmery, though I wouldn't say it moisturises as I've seen no change from my lips. So I wouldn't recommend if you want an actual moisturising lip product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2011 4:27:00 AM More reviews by exoticrum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on my 2nd jar of TBS Born Lippy in Strawberry. I love that it smells so sweet. I wished it would taste sweet as well but no it doesn't. It moisturizes my lips well, maybe because I live in a tropical climate and it seldom gets cold here, hence no frequent lip chapping. It is not waxy, but rather glossy. Lightweight, non-sticky, and lovely red tint = REPURCHASE! :D