April 18, 2014 | 1503 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Extra Volume Collagen mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by TishyLeF

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the worst mascara I have ever tried. It’s VERY CLUMPY. On the first morning I tried it, when I woke up my five year old daughter for school and she smiled and said to me “Mom, your eye lashes look like broccoli.” Not good.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by ambiguouslove

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really disliked this product and it pains me to use it every day--only bc I can't take it back and I can't justify throwing my money away. That being said, idk if I got a bad/dried out mascara, but the mascara is a clumptastic nightmare. With this mascara my lashes all lump together and it provides very little lift or volume. And bc of the small shape of my eyes, the larger brush also makes things more difficult. I will not be buying this ever again, imo there's far better drugstore mascaras out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by azicetea

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am not sure what this product is supposed to do, but it's one of the worst mascaras I have ever used. The formula itself is gross and is a mushy mess. The brush looks like it's gone through a wood chipper. i tossed my receipt by accident or this would be going back to the store. The only place it's headed now is the GARBAGE can!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by heinoushurricanous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First of all, I want to say that it's VERY rare for me to dislike/hate a mascara. I naturally have pretty long lashes and most mascaras do a great job of making my lashes look their best. My results don't vary that much from mascara to mascara.
Unfortunately I really hate this mascara. I bought this product seduced by its ENORMOUS brush thinking it would make the L'Oreal Voluminous Original mascara look pathetic. Boy was I wrong. Here are some things I truly dislike about this product:

1) The actually formula is terrible. It's very wet and messy, and I feel like it doesn't stick well enough to my lashes. Because of this, it takes FOREVER to build up a dramatic look.

2) The formula smells absolutely awful. It smells toxic... enough said. (Not always a deal breaker for me but I thought I would mention it for those of you sensitive to smells).

3) The brush (I was hoping), would be the one thing I would have liked, but I was wrong. I have a LOT of lashes and I felt like the bristles were way too sparse and clumped all my lashes together creating the dreaded spider eyes look. The more I try to brush through my lashes to separate, the worse my eyes look.

4) MOST IMPORTANTLY, I hate-- truly HATE the way this mascara feels. I can feel it weighing my lids down. It's wet to start and then as it dries it feels heavier and heavier. Just the worst...

The only thing I can say about this that's not completely negative is that EVENTUALLY you will get your desired dramatic look, it just takes an unnecessarily long time to get to your desired results.

Moreover, I will continue to use this mascara until I am completely through with it, but I will steer clear of it from now on.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 1:30:00 AM More reviews by xoxollt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of my absolute favorite mascaras. There is nothing about it that I don't like except the tube isn't endless! I like to layer this mascara on top of Maybelline Colossal Volum. I first curl my lashes, apply CV, let it dry then I apply this. The fluffy brush is PERFECT to reach all of my lashes (I have a lot) and the large brush size is great too (I have very long lashes). This mascara is great because it builds on my naturally long lashes and helps them to become even longer and more voluminous. I like to sometimes wear 2 or 3 coats of this. It dries soft, gives the perfect amount of thickness and is very dramatic! So beautiful. Also, the color is nice and black! One strange thing... I hate the first application of this. I like it once it's a bit more used and oxygen has gotten to it... It helps it to thicken up and become a bit more substantial. I do find that toward the end of the day it has flaked a little, but with gorgeous lashes out to here, who cares? :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

HATED THIS! I bought it as I usually like to try new mascaras (that was way back before I was a member here :) ) and I really thought it would deliver. But was I wrong. It made my lashes SUPER clumpy and dry! I was only thinking how badly I wanted it OFF. I thought it had to be defective and exchanged it. WRONG! The new one was the same! That was it, this was a no go for me. I see some pictures where people have achieved great lashes. I don't know how you did it, but I tried two bottles and it was a mess!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by cofarb

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This may be my holy grail mascara. Love the brush. It isn't gloppy or too wet. Makes my lashes look terrific. Comes off with mild eye makeup remover. Can't get any better than that, right?

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2012 3:07:00 AM More reviews by uncontrolled

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this mascara, but the only thing it did was give me SUPER crunchy lashes. I love the packaging, and the brush but that's about it. I would not recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2012 2:16:00 AM More reviews by bbarry75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

smelled bad. stung my eyes

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 2:27:00 AM More reviews by PaulaNC

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like it, but it's not perfect. So, during a sale/coupon deal at CVS, I purchased this, and Maybelline Illegal Lengths. I am not fond of the big brush of this mascara, but the first couple weeks it's not a problem. After that, occasionally the brush needs to be wiped to not clump. Enter Illegal Lengths! While on it's own, IL is wimpy and very "I've got to run to the grocery store and I don't care", it comes to the rescue of the first. It's wide spaced bristles comb through beautifully and it's a great combination! A note about Illegal Lengths..there's oddly random fibers, about 4 mms. long. You know, when a fuzzy is flying in the air and gets caught in damp mascara? Yep, that's it. So, it's a good mascara, not great. I'm still pleased with Voluminous, Carbon Black. I also like Tarte, Lights, Camera, Lashes. But, for double the price, Carbon black suits well. This one is worth a shot, if you don't mind the huge brush. I don't find it easy to maneuver.