December 22, 2014 | 1967 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Extra Volume Collagen mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by lizindallas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think this is a great mascara. I was just about to start buying Lancome which is more than twice the cost, but decided to try this as I had previously purchased one and wanted to use what I had before I bought more... and it turns out that it works great! I use Urban Decay lash primer first and that does make a difference on length.
And then afterward, I used a clean mascara wand to comb out any clumps. Comes out perfect. I will definitely continue to use as it's a great mascara at a good price!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by evapop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is odd. When I first bought it, I hated it. Too clumpy, odd brush, not a good look. But sometimes with L'Oreal mascaras, I find they do better after a week. Almost a break in period. After it got broken in, I liked the look, but didn't love the product. Ultimately, I would buy the formula again, but am not a fan of the hour glass brush. If they kept the thick bristles but smoothed the shape, would buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2013 5:03:00 AM More reviews by twiggychic3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a huge fan of L'oreal mascaras (actually, their eye makeup in general), but something about this formula does not sit well with me. One coat feels heavy on my eyes, yet it does not give me any volume or length. My lids start to feel sore after about 5 minutes of wear, and after an hour, my eyes start to look bloodshot. This is also one of the only L'oreal formulas that I've tried that crumbles and smudges on me...Sleek packaging though!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My new favorite mascara. Replaced my Rimmel Bold Max Curve in the green tube. This does not clump & is not dry like a lot of mascaras that I've tried. It's a wet formula but not too wet that it's messy or smudges. Volumizes like crazy! Gives the false lash effect, which I've been looking for for so long. Sorry I didn't try this sooner.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 6:01:00 AM More reviews by Babypretty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product stapled in my makeup case since forever. Use it every day, very often. Love how it make my eyelashes volumised and thick black. I definitely got no problem with this mascara. I have tried a lot of mascaras. But,I never let my day walking by without this bad boy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by velvetgirl

This is a very good mascara in my mind. But I haven't too many mascaras that I don't like. I have pretty good eyelashes to begin with, this gives me extra length and really seperates each lash. I have no problem with clumps but I just wipe off any I may see on the brush before I apply it to my lashes. I like the brush, it really grabs on to my lashes as I pull through. No flaking during the day. What more could you ask for? I don't remember the price but I bet I paid less than $10 for this. A great d/s mascara! L'Oreal and Maybelliene make the best mascara at the d/s in my opinion. I haven't been too impressed with Covergirl mascaras.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by TishyLeF

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the worst mascara I have ever tried. It’s VERY CLUMPY. On the first morning I tried it, when I woke up my five year old daughter for school and she smiled and said to me “Mom, your eye lashes look like broccoli.” Not good.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by ambiguouslove

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really disliked this product and it pains me to use it every day--only bc I can't take it back and I can't justify throwing my money away. That being said, idk if I got a bad/dried out mascara, but the mascara is a clumptastic nightmare. With this mascara my lashes all lump together and it provides very little lift or volume. And bc of the small shape of my eyes, the larger brush also makes things more difficult. I will not be buying this ever again, imo there's far better drugstore mascaras out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by azicetea

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am not sure what this product is supposed to do, but it's one of the worst mascaras I have ever used. The formula itself is gross and is a mushy mess. The brush looks like it's gone through a wood chipper. i tossed my receipt by accident or this would be going back to the store. The only place it's headed now is the GARBAGE can!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by heinoushurricanous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First of all, I want to say that it's VERY rare for me to dislike/hate a mascara. I naturally have pretty long lashes and most mascaras do a great job of making my lashes look their best. My results don't vary that much from mascara to mascara.
Unfortunately I really hate this mascara. I bought this product seduced by its ENORMOUS brush thinking it would make the L'Oreal Voluminous Original mascara look pathetic. Boy was I wrong. Here are some things I truly dislike about this product:

1) The actually formula is terrible. It's very wet and messy, and I feel like it doesn't stick well enough to my lashes. Because of this, it takes FOREVER to build up a dramatic look.

2) The formula smells absolutely awful. It smells toxic... enough said. (Not always a deal breaker for me but I thought I would mention it for those of you sensitive to smells).

3) The brush (I was hoping), would be the one thing I would have liked, but I was wrong. I have a LOT of lashes and I felt like the bristles were way too sparse and clumped all my lashes together creating the dreaded spider eyes look. The more I try to brush through my lashes to separate, the worse my eyes look.

4) MOST IMPORTANTLY, I hate-- truly HATE the way this mascara feels. I can feel it weighing my lids down. It's wet to start and then as it dries it feels heavier and heavier. Just the worst...

The only thing I can say about this that's not completely negative is that EVENTUALLY you will get your desired dramatic look, it just takes an unnecessarily long time to get to your desired results.

Moreover, I will continue to use this mascara until I am completely through with it, but I will steer clear of it from now on.