E.L.F. Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua(water), Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, SD Alcohol 40 (Alcohol Denat), Butylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Maganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Yellow No. 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090)

The older $1 version was SO MUCH better. When they came out with the silly $2 pencil, it was the perfect example of taking something great and butchering it to death. This applies strangely and the strange two-tip opening is bizarre.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Conceptually, this is terrific. Practically, not so much. I liked this for the one or two days I got to use it. After that? Dry as a bone. Even for a buck, it was worthless.

Okay so this product is not waterproof and may not apply perfectly... But for $2 I don't care! I usually don't rub my eyes during the day and this does not smudge or fade on me. The few times I have accidentally touched my eye it hasn't gotten ruined. Sometimes the brush does not apply a straight line but I use a q-tip and water to perfect it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like this pen. While it will eventually fade after a while on me, I am the one to blame for that. My eyeshadow does that to me too, AND with pencil eyeliner, so it has to be my eyelids and not the actual product. I need primer, but I still need to get up off my ass and buy it.

I also love that since it's got a thin point, I can make thinner or thicker lines. I am not into the whole cat-eye look, it's overused, and I'd probably scare little kids if I wore my eyeliner like that. This pen is perfect for what I want to do. Yes, it can start to dry out, but before you start whining and throwing it away, just run over water for a second or two.

Overall, I LOVE this eyeliner pen and will repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I tried this in the past and liked it but I thought it smelled bad and burned my eyes. ELF has since updated this product and I LOVE it! Its only $1.00. It gives me precise lining abilities for my thin, clean, presise cat eye look I'm rocking now. It goes on smooth and drys quick. It lasts all day for me with no chipping but comes off easily with any oil based makeup remover (I use baby lotion, baby oil or coconut oil). It is not as water proof as Wet-n-Wilds H2o liquid liner but still for $1, I have no complaints. The tip is more of a thin marker type that doesnt hold it shape to well after many, many uses and it can dry out quickly (I store it cap side down and that helps). Right now this is by far my favorite liquid eye liner.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really love this, and the price makes it even more amazing!

Pros:
it really is waterproof
last all day
cheap

cons:
drys out fast
brush's starts to break apart

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a pretty good product and you can't beat the price. It isn't super black, but I definitely think it's waterproof. I've had it for months and it hasn't dried out.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Can't beat this eyeliner pen, for the price point. There are two colors, and brown is OK but black is definitely worth trying. It has staying power in my very oily eyelids. Felt tip degrades quickly, but does not really effect use. Best stored upside down so there's always color on the tips. Easier than liquid, in my opinion, and the new white packaging is pretty. Only complaint is that it gets on the cap and you can unwittingly wipe liner on your face.

It isn't waterproof. It lasted less than a non waterproof eyeliner on a swatch test.

It is pigmented, goes on smooth. If only it faded away smoothly. It transferred onto my lower lid within 3 hours. At least it isn't waterproof so I can just use a q-tip to clean it up.

Regardless, It's not so useless that I'm throwing it away. I use it on chill days that I will probably not do anything- therefore I don't use up my other good eyeliners- but I still want to look presentable in case someone comes by.

Easy to use and tear-free, but this is FAR from waterproof. It smudged within 2 hours. I couldn't believe it! I didn't even rub my eyes, just slightly touched it and there it was.. the infamous smudge line on my hand. Four hours later (after application), I took my glasses off and had raccoon smudges under my eyes. Big thumbs down for this cheap liner.