E.L.F. Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua(water), Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, SD Alcohol 40 (Alcohol Denat), Butylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Maganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Yellow No. 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090)

on 8/24/2013 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a pretty good product and you can't beat the price. It isn't super black, but I definitely think it's waterproof. I've had it for months and it hasn't dried out.

on 8/22/2013 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Can't beat this eyeliner pen, for the price point. There are two colors, and brown is OK but black is definitely worth trying. It has staying power in my very oily eyelids. Felt tip degrades quickly, but does not really effect use. Best stored upside down so there's always color on the tips. Easier than liquid, in my opinion, and the new white packaging is pretty. Only complaint is that it gets on the cap and you can unwittingly wipe liner on your face.

It isn't waterproof. It lasted less than a non waterproof eyeliner on a swatch test.

It is pigmented, goes on smooth. If only it faded away smoothly. It transferred onto my lower lid within 3 hours. At least it isn't waterproof so I can just use a q-tip to clean it up.

Regardless, It's not so useless that I'm throwing it away. I use it on chill days that I will probably not do anything- therefore I don't use up my other good eyeliners- but I still want to look presentable in case someone comes by.

on 7/23/2013 5:54:00 PM

Easy to use and tear-free, but this is FAR from waterproof. It smudged within 2 hours. I couldn't believe it! I didn't even rub my eyes, just slightly touched it and there it was.. the infamous smudge line on my hand. Four hours later (after application), I took my glasses off and had raccoon smudges under my eyes. Big thumbs down for this cheap liner.

on 7/16/2013 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I know this product doesn't have the most positive reviews, but I have been fairly happy with it, and I am very particular about my eyeliner. This eyeliner pen does not smudge and lasts on me all day. You can't beat the price... I think I paid $3 for this at Target. In other reviews I read that these pens tend to dry up, but I have had my pen for a couple months now, and it still produces a black color. No, it is not the blackest black, but it can be built up. The one issue I have had with it is that the tip of the pen frayed pretty quickly, and is no longer a sharp point. However, it doesn't seem to effect the precision when applying this product. For the price, I am very happy with it, and will definitely be repurchasing.

on 6/27/2013 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is my go to liner. It's so easy to apply and mess free. However it does smear and crease in my inner lids but I don't wear eyeliner too often anyways. Great eyeliner.

on 6/25/2013 8:19:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I like this. I've only tried one other from revlon and this is a lot more black compared to that one. I don't use these kind of eye liners a lot, I prefer gel or liquid, but they come in handy once in awhile. This has a very fine tip, so perfect for doing fine lines. Like I said before it's very black one swipe and you're good to go. The container does feel a bit cheapish but for a dollar you can't pass this up.

on 6/21/2013 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The price of this eyeliner is fantastic. The pigmentation is decent. The packaging is pretty good as well. I generally use this as a backup for when my gel liner starts to fade or if my eyelash curler took some of it off (am I the only one with that problem?!) but otherwise it's a decent product. Sometimes it can be a bit rough on my eyelid and not be as smooth and pigmented as it gets more dry, but I store mine upside down to try and reverse that effect. If you're on a whim and you need a good, cheap eyeliner, go for it. However, i must say, I don't believe the "waterproof" statement. It didn't stick as well as my gel liner did, and that's what I base everything off of because it's my HG liner. If you're willing to spend about 2-3 dollars more, get the Essence gel liner. It's fantastic. But the ELF eyeliner pen comes in second in the "dirt cheap" price range.

This product was okay.
For the first couple of uses, it worked great. It was dark and stayed put.
But after the 3rd use, it had already started to dry out and became very blotchy.
It is extremely cheap but i dont want to be spend $1 every 2 or 3 days on eyeliner when i can buy a good one for $6 and have it last months.
I was not a fan of this product.

on 6/15/2013 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

pretty damn good, stays in place and easy to apply, can't complain.