November 27, 2014 | 1435 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Five Piece Mineral Set (4 brushes, 1 case)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by mamaoitai

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love love these brushes, super soft, affordable, and I really like the size of them.
The blush brush I use for powder, the blending brush is my favorite, the kabuki one is also perfect for blending out your bronzer and blush, the concealer one I do not use as much, as I like using a blending brush for my concealer. Big thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by jessadores

These work great and are very inexpensive. I have not noticed shedding and I've had them for about a year and a half. The ferrule has not became loose either which happens a lot in cheaper brushes and even ecotools brushes I purchased separately. I mainly purchased them to carry with me in my make-up bag for when I'm gone all day or traveling, but I find that I use some of them everyday. The blending brush I use a lot for eye looks or setting under-eye concealer and the concealer brush for cream based products. The little kabuki is kinda flimsy but works great for when I just need to carry a small brush and touch-up on the go. I admit I don' reach for the blush brush as often but it's still pretty good.
*update*
The size of these makes them a little hard to store, but the fluffy/blending brush has become a staple in my stash I absolutely love it and I was thinking of buying a fluffy es brush from mac (can't remember which one 224 or 227 ?), but don't see the point anymore. And if something were to happen to this brush I would buy the whole set again just to get it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by oxnicoleox3

These are now my favorite brushes of ALL time! I could never bring myself to buy any high end brushes, because I believe there are cheaper alternatives, with the same quality. And I'm so glad I tried these! They are the softest brushes I've ever had and the cutest! I love their mini size because it's not a pain to tote with you anywhere, plus you get a bag with it. The kabuki has awesome coverage, I use the large brush for blush, and the blending brush is PERFECT. The only one I don't really use is the concealer brush, but I prefer to use it with eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 9:08:00 AM More reviews by jellums

I heard about these through Youtube and wanted to try them out. I'm really glad I did and I was very pleased with the price! When I bought them, it also came with a spoolie and eyeliner brush as well. They are all really soft and don't shed when washing.
Blush brush: I love just running this across my face haha. The shape is different for me, but I like that it blends easily.
Concealer brush: I like to apply my concealers with my fingers so I just use this as an eyeshadow brush, and its great for that!
Blending brush: This one works so well, it really smooths out any harsh lines easily!
Kabuki brush: I love using this for blush actually and it blends easily as well.
Over all, I really like all of these brushes and the two extra brushes I received are great too. I prefer the smaller size and the little pouch is great for travel.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by aturingan

I love these! I really don't have any use for the kabuki because it's soooo small but the large brush I use for my blush because it's the perfect size. I like the concealer & the blending blush OMG sooo good. Worth it, in my opinion. (they're also VERY soft)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 11:04:00 AM More reviews by summerrain1994

I bought mine off of Drugstore.com (I think) for a good price. I think it's a really great value and EcoTools brushes are my favourite.
I use the larger handled brush (powder/blush) for my blush daily. It's super smooth and soft, and blends the blush in nicely.
I stuff the mini-kabuki in my purse with my mattifying powder. It applies the powder evenly when my face gets oily. It's quite small, so it's good for travel or in your purse/school bag.
The other two brushes I don't use much - I used the concealer brush for eye shadow awhile back, but lately haven't been wearing any, so it's just sitting in my drawer. The blending brush is very large, but good for highlight (just be wary that you're not applying too much).

This is a good value as I said, especially for the quality. Never shed on me, always soft.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by ElleDuncan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't have expensive brushes to compare these to, however, I've used some of the fancier ones at counters and looked into "investing" in better brushes, and in the meantime, these are fine by me. They are soft, wash well (I've had some of my other Eco tools brushes for two years and am just now thinking of replacing them after dozens of washes with either Dove sensitive soap or baby shampoo).

The baby kabuki is nice once you get the hang of it, it's so small and awkward at first. It works great with pressed mineral makeup like Pur Minerals. I actually use the fluffy one to put tiny traces of concealer over redness on cheeks or nose, and to set powder over anything tiny at the end of my applications.

I agree the powder/brush blush is best for that: blush.
Bottom line: this is a great set, but buy their full size powder brush as well for loose minerals and then you're all set!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2011 3:12:00 AM More reviews by Smanga

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fantastic brushes, oh so soft and able to hold product very well. After reading many positive reviews I went to my local chemist/drugstore and bought this set to use with my mineral foundation. I don't mind the size of these brushes at all, I find they all fit into my little on-the-go makeup bag very well.

I would go so far as saying these are much softer, and as good a quality, as the Mac brushes I own. The mini Kabuki in this set, I find, is excellent for my compact bronzer. It picks up much more product than my old brush did, and buffs into my skin very nicely.

No shedding to report and I will definitely be recommending these to my friends - great on your face, your wallet, and the world ;)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2011 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think this product is over hyped. As I got it online, I have no idea how small they were. They really are small and short. The powder brush is half the size of a normal powder brush and the concealer and the shading brush is half the size of the powder brush in this set. And the baby kabuki is really super small. That said, the bristles are super soft and dense and I have like perhaps 1 fallout during the initial use. Not only that, the bristles are not scratchy at all. They also pick up a decent amount of product.

1)the powder brush=the only brush comfortable enough to use, is quite good at applying blush. It applies my mineral blush evenly.
2) the concealer brush= i use this as an eyeshadow brush. Its quite great actually. I use it to pack it in the color and also blend it in a lil.
3)The blending blush = is not bad, pretty good at blending the eyeshadow nicely.
4)the baby kabuki= i tried using this for blush, but the bristles are too long and the handle too small that it was awkward. My least fave one out of the bunch.

The packaging is okay, it comes with this hemp linen pouch thingy. I hate the fact that when i got my brushes, they were pretty flattened because of the packaging-the plastic thingy. So, the brush had a real odd almond shape when i got it (the baby kabuki n powder brush). But now it has regained its fullness. Overall. The quality of the bristles are quite good, and the handle sturdy. But I'm giving it a three because they're too small and short and awkward to use. And therefore, I would not repurchase...despite the fact i got this for about 7.50 USD...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2011 11:11:00 PM More reviews by lwsege

Superb quality makeup brushes! I deducted a lippies because of the small kabuki inside.

(a) Small Kabuki
I haven't find a good makeup product to use with. It doesn't works well with my Lancome Mineral Loose Powder.

(b) Powder/Blush Brush
Like this for blush application. It can picks up the blush beautifully and apply smoothly too.