Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

3.8

Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 4.20%, Titanium Dioxide 2.45%. Other Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isosterate, Stearic Acid, Alumina

on 2/26/2015 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Received a deluxe sample of this and it lasted me quite a while, actually. I did not like it. It left my skin feeling a bit greasy and really didn't differentiate itself from primers that cost much less.

on 2/26/2015 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Does nothing that you won't find in any other silicone primer. It didn't make my makeup last any longer than anything else I've used, but I will say I like the creamy texture this has. It feels more like a moisturizer than a primer.

It didn't help with my oily skin, and I don't think the SPF is high enough to do any real good.

For the price, it's definitely not worth it and I ended up having to return it after a couple of weeks. *sigh*

I would not repurchase.

I've never really been the type of girl to spend loads of money on make up products, expensive face moisturizers etc but as I've gotten a tad older I've noticed my skin has changed a lot and it really does pay off to spend a bit more and try products until you get it right.. I've only ever used 1 primer and it was horrible so was put off I only used it for about 3 weeks and ditched the primer all together thinking that's what all primers did to your face, I had a change of heart recently and so I went on the hunt for some new primer and I told the SA that I wanted something that wasn't going to make my face shiny and greasy and she gave me a generous sample of this wonderful stuff!! It is so creamy and velvety and just delicious! The texture and the feel of the stuff is amazing but what it does for your face is even better, my make up stayed on all day and didn't turn greasy and shiny which it ALWAYS does, its made my foundation sit so much nicer on my face and this primer has made me feel like i'm barely even wearing make up because its so nice and light on your face.. I absolutely love this stuff and will definitely be re-purchasing and would recommend anyone or any skin type to try this stuff!

on 2/24/2015 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This is the best foundation primer I have ever purchased or used. I have used/purchased primers by Bareminerals, Revlon, Laura Mercier, Clinique and Sally's. This one makes my skin look flawless. My pores all but disappear. It is very pricey. So, if you are thinking about buying, go to Sephora or another store and ask for a sample first. If after sampling it, you want to purchase it, opt for the largest bottle (tube). It is $72 but you get twice as much product as the 1 oz bottle that costs over $45. So, it makes more economic sense if you think you will continue to use the product. You will save almost $20 in the long run. IJS.

on 2/24/2015 6:39:00 AM

love it find it a little expensive but seeing it comes in different sizes makes it more affordable!

on 2/23/2015 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I first tried this about a year ago as a sample and concluded then that it was too rich/ moisturizing/ greasy for my combination skin. Fast forward to now. I pulled this sample out again as I have been trying new primers because my old standby was not getting the job done. My skin has gone from combo to closer to normal as I have aged a bit.

I applied the primer over moisturizer, waited and put on my foundation. Yowza! Did I ever look good. I felt like I'd been photoshopped with one of those glowy filters that makes you look younger. I gave it a few hours , and it did not break bad on me. I was afraid I'd be an oil slick by noon and was not.

This may be the best primer I've used, and I've used a lot- Laura Mercier, Lorac, Smashbox, Lancome and a few others.

I recommend this for those with normal to dry skin, particularly those with aging skin. This made my makeup more luminous and it resisted settling into those fine lines. If you have oily or combo skin you should skip this product or use it only on your non- oily areas.

My rating on the packaging is meaningless. I used a sample. Unfortunatey MUA makes us rate it. Likewise the price tho since it is Hourglass I assume it is pricey.

I am very happy I gave this a second chance.

on 2/19/2015 3:41:00 PM

This primer makes my foundation last all day! However it doesn't do much else. I like to use benefit professional under neath it. Great combo. A little too pricey though.

on 2/15/2015 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got the travel sized version to test it out after hearing rave reviews by Youtubers I love. I've used this every so often for about a month now, with different foundations, and I'm barely halfway into it. A pump can cover most of my face. I have combo skin.

*Price: High. Its a luxury brand so it's understandable.
*Packaging: Gorgeous glass bottle that really feels expensive. I love the pump and the fact that you can see how much product you have left. I imagine it'll break if it's dropped, though.
*Product: Feels so light and smooth, it's white but doesn't blend out clear. It kinda goes pearlescent? It's hard to explain. Doesn't have a strong smell from what I remember. It melts into the skin pretty nicely and hasn't broken me out.
*Positives: It does prolong the wear of my foundations, from the thicker, matte formulas to the sheer, dewy ones. It keeps blush and bronzer from fading and feels like nothing on the skin. I did notice that it helped hide my pores - not completely, but it did help some.
*Negatives: Did not control my oils. I have an extremely oily nose that I did not expect it to help at all, but my forehead and cheeks do get a little shiny during the day, and it did nothing to prevent that.

It feels luxurious and is great for some people, but didn't wow me enough to make me want to repurchase. I'm sure I can find a better primer that suits my skin's needs. I'm glad I don't love it, to be honest, because that price tag is insane!

on 2/11/2015 10:00:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have combination skin type with oily T zone. I purchased the travel size a month ago to test out the product and I am so glad I did.

The primer is very runny and often seems separated, I shake it as well as I could before application, but it's still very runny. I normally apply a basic moisturizer first, then the primer, it glides on my skin nicely and it does keep the T zone matte, but it drys out my skin quite a bit as well, especially on my cheeks. I don't like the finish on me at all.

If you have really oily skin, this primer maybe suite you better. I will not repurchase. For the price, there must be something else work better for me.

on 2/7/2015 2:35:00 AM

I wish I didn't like this primer so much, but it really lives up to the hype! A SA at Sephora used this on me during a custom makeover, and when she tried to get me to buy it, I told her I already owned other primers. However, after a several hour photoshoot, my makeup looked just as flawless as it did at the beginning and I was sold.

I recently used Mineral Veil primer under my makeup for a very important, all-day interview, and my makeup stayed on from 5:30am to when I washed it off 12 hours later. Most primers and/or mattifiers leave my T-zone still shiny by mid-day, but when I wear Mineral Veil, it really does a great job of keeping my skin matte, yet natural-looking.

I've tried it under my two main bases, Bobbi Brown BB cream and Marc Jacobs Genius Gel, and both have such longer lasting power when I wear Mineral Veil Primer underneath than just foundation alone.

Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer comes in an easy-to-use pump that dispenses the white, milky primer that can only be described as a miracle product. It is SPF 15, feels silky light going on, and keeps your makeup looking amazing for hours on end. The only downside is that it costs $52 for 1 oz., which is quite ridiculous, but if you only use it on special occasions, buying the travel size ($18 for 0.33 oz) is a little more palatable. This is a very expensive HG for me.

Popular Primer/ Correctors