Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Mascara

3.2

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my go-to mascara. I don't think I am ever going to change it.
I own the Lift-Up version, the one with the curved brush. If you are patient with the application, the lashes are separated, they become voluminous and long and curved.
My lashes are long but they are straight, so this product makes my lashes look like false ones, but in a very good way. They just look AMAZING!
I also like the fact that it doesn't flake as bad as others, including high-end mascaras.
And as the packaging says, the application is very fast!
The only disadvantage is that it dries up pretty fast, but since mascaras shouldn't be used for a long period of time, it's more than acceptable.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This mascara is perfect! It makes my eyelashes big and fat, and I can apply several layers without getting clumpy. I've been swearing by this mascara for almost a decade now.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have been using this mascara for a few years now. A more expensive alternative for me would be Urban Decay's Fatty Mascara or Dior Show. I have really short lashes and this product really lengthens them! Usually in photos, you could barely see my eyelashes, but with this product, I receive compliments on how long my lashes are! The packaging mentions that you shouldn't allow the mascara to dry in between coats so if followed correctly, its supposed to prevent clumps. I never had a problem with my lashes clumping. I see a huge difference when I use this mascara and its been the only drugstore mascara that really works for me.

on 9/16/2010 4:12:00 PM

I'm surprised by a lot of the negative reviews. I bought this mascara on a whim and ended up really loving it. It makes my lashes look soooooo long and almost like I'm wearing falsies. I don't think I've ever come across a mascara that did that and made them look this good. The color is super black like I like it. I only knocked one lippie off because it's kind if hard to wash off, but not too bad. Other than that, I will definitely buy this again!

on 9/14/2010 5:33:00 AM

I purchased the black tube with red lettering. I think it's new, but I'm not sure it it's new packaging or if Maybelline actually reformulated the product.
I actually didn't mind this mascara considering it was a impulsive buy for a sale price of $4.99. It delivered pretty good results of length and volume that gave me the optical illusion of wearing fake lashes. I did notice that when applying two to three coats I had to work fast. If the mascara completely dried between coats then my lashes became one big clumpy mess when I applied another coat. If I applied coats quickly before the mascara completely dried then I got great lashes. I did notice that during the day my lashes started to droop, lose their curl, and their was some minor flaking.
Overall I'm glad I tried this mascara and wasn't disappointed that I wasted my money, but I don't think I would buy it again unless I was desperate and this was the only product on sale.

on 9/7/2010 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I bought the Turbo Boost Mascara that came in a red and black tube. It was on sale for $5 at Walmart so I figured I'd buy it just to try it out since I needed a new mascara anyways. I'm not sure why, but I've always had luck with Maybelline mascaras (except for Great Lash. I hated that! [See my review]). I really liked this mascara. It was super dark and very buildable. It extended the length of my lashes and made them look really thick as well. It also lasted really long and didn't flake at all. What I hate the most about mascaras is when they become flakey and make my eyes feel as if someone threw sand into them. With this mascara, it never happens. I also accidently hit myself in the eye with the mascara wand and my eye didn't even burn or sting. I've had it for about 2 months now and it didn't dry up or anything. I hate it when mascaras become dry quickly. I probably won't repurchase this right away since I like to try a bunch of mascaras out, but if I'm ever in need and it's on sale again, I'd buy it.

on 9/4/2010 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Soo I saw this mascara at my local walgreens and with the new red and black packaging, I was totally excited about trying this out. And it's pretty good but it does have some flaws.
THE GOOD: My lashes don't stick together with this mascara unlike the colossal and it's a buildable mascara, meaning that I can have a natural look with one coat or a bold look with 3 or 4. I also like the brush and how the formula isn't a big runny mess.
THE BAD: The formula isn't a big runny mess but instead it is dry and it feels like this mascara might dry out on me any second now. It tends to flake more than the colossal too (sorry I'm comparing this to the colossal, I bought them both together :)) Flaky Mascara + Contact Lenses = BAD!

OVERALL: It's ok but I think that there are better mascara's out there and I'm not too sure that I will buy this again.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

UPDATE (September 15, 2010): Compared to the colossal, this mascara sucks big time. It doesn't volumize (sp?) enough for me and it flakes too much. I'm returning it tomorrow for the falsies mascara. Will not repurchase (obviously lol).

on 8/15/2010 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I recently bought the Maybelline Falsies mascara, and though it does an alright job on it's own, I have realized that it does a much better job when paired with another mascara. I was using L'Oreal Telescopic or whatever with the Falsies and it was great since Telescopic thickens and Falsies lengthens pretty well.
I've heard good things about Colossal so I was going to purchase that one. I saw the Turbo instead and, not sure why, but I went for this one.... probably because it has more attractive black packaging with red letters.

**UPDATE:** I officially hate this prouduct! It is terrible and went into the trash today. I have never thrown out a mascara despite coming across a few bad ones, so that really says something about this product. I pruchased this a while ago and used it maybe a total of 10 times. It just got worse over time. I find that most mascaras get better as they dry up a little bit, but this one got worse. It didn't really dry up very much, but the fibers inside became more and more obvious, causing my lashes to clump and stick together like crazy yet I saw no volume or length. Also, the wand had a small defect in it so that part just kept collecting all the fibers and depositing them onto my lashes, making horrible clumps. I tried using it today on its own just to enhance the color of my lashes, gave up and tossed it. Gross. Horrible. Would never purchase again. Wish I had spent the money on any other mascara but this one.

on 8/7/2010 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I actually like this mascara ; i was suprised at some of bad reviews below. First off i apply my mascara very thick, usually ovee ten coats an i did not have a problem with clumbing at all to my suprise.
It does thicken your lashes nicely, and lengthen them a little. The only i really didn't like though was i couldnt get to my outter lashes because of the thick wand. I would buy again, but i can't say i'm in love with it.!

on 8/6/2010 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

First let me start by saying, I don't wear mascara much anymore. I feel it is more eye-friendly to wear false lashes. Once you get the hang of application, it is far quicker than waiting for mascara to coat your lashes--AND you don't have to worry about ruining facecloths or towels with mascara residue.

OK...this morning I decided to do mascara instead of false lashes. I purchased this Turbo Boost a couple of weeks ago b/c the store was out of Great Last. Where do I begin.....The wand is garbage. Too thick. Hard to get at end lashes. The mascara was nothing spectacular. Yes. My lashes have thinned somewhat due to menopause, however, Great Lash does a fine job with what I have left.

That said, I have always had issues with mascara on the bottom lashes and this is no exception. Already smudged and it is noon. Am not happy with this product.