October 26, 2014 | 1336 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Make Up For Ever - HD Microperfecting Primer in 1 Green

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2011 2:21:00 AM More reviews by beisquared

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually don't have regret buys as I'm not one to really regret cosmetic/skincare purchases and even if a product didn't work the way I had hoped or thought, I can still find a way to continue using it without too much gripe and grumble. This primer was just not one of these products. As a matter of fact, I will say that this primer is a SUPER REGRET buy. It didn't work for my redness (which is the only reason I justified my spending) at all. It was a waste of $32. Everytime I see it in my makeup drawer, I see a waste and imagine other, more fun things I could buy with $32. I bought it thinking it could neutralize and tone down my red cheeks, but it did nothing. Some products work well when you first apply it and then fade and lose its effectiveness throughout the day, but this primer didn't even have effectiveness at the start of application. I bought it from Sephora but I had thrown out my box (lesson learned) so I couldn't even return it. I had this on my swap list, but out of curiosity one day, I unscrewed the pump and took a peek inside. I've used it less than five times (half a pump each time) and yet, the product rested under the halfway point. I didn't want any swapping drama, so I removed it from my list. Now I use it as a regular primer. I don't even use primer. Ugh.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by purrlions

At first I loved this product. If you don't have any blemishes, it does truly even out skin tone and diminish pores without causing breakouts (i have oily skin). But if you do have any blemishes it makes them more pronounced with a green tint. And, the pump always dispenses more than I need, and it doesn't dispense a smaller amount. So I end up wasting product every day. With its price, and over-the top packaging I had expected better, but after giving it a try for two bottles, I'm going to try something else to get rid of my red undertones. Sorry, I would have liked to give this a more positive review.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2011 8:29:00 PM More reviews by knicks

It didn't do anything for me. Just wasted my money and it's just sitting in my cabinet.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Dayday00

I bought this product from a friend, so glad I did... She was selling it really cheap.
The pro:
Smell really good
The packaging with a pump! Yay to that!
The cons..:
I didn't see any differences about my redness
Didn't smooth my face the way I like. I prefer silicone-based products
Too runny

So I'm sure there is so much more products on the market that can do a better job, and also being less expensive!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by katiex515

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I haven't tried too many primers but I really like this one. The pump is a little annoying, it always makes too much come out. But it doesn't make me feel greasy, it makes my skin soft, it tones down my redness a little bit. It is a little expensive , It was about $35 dollars. It has a mostly neutral smell and easy application.
I would buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by ADPang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So the product is vey light a little too light. Despensing the product, I was very excited on the green color hoping that this will finally cool down the redness in on my face. NOPE. Sorry. The product is so light that the color fades making no real difference on coverage. As a primer it also falls short. It didn't prime as well as the regular primer. But since it was soo light it didn't make me break out so thats a plus but I think i'll just stick with the regular primer with and excellent foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2010 10:02:00 AM More reviews by MeganHan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The first few days I started using this product I thought it was great. It did help my makeup look fresh, matte, and go on smoother, but what primer doesn't? Unfortunately, it made my skin break out, primarily on my chin and forehead.. and seemed to be irritating my pores constantly. It may have been the fragrance, because the Smashbox photofinish light primer is fragrance free and never irritates my skin. I am switching back.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2010 10:42:00 PM More reviews by guccigrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

can't say that i love this but i don't hate it either. I am going to give this another week before i decide if i want to return it or not but so far it's just ok. I actually like the sephora green primer a little better because it smooths down my skin much more than the mufe primer, i don't know why but my skin feels a bit tacky when i apply the mufe primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by lucyann36

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product does exactly what I want it to do - covers redness and smooths out my skin. The only time I've experienced actual green tinting was when I purposely slathered the stuff on really thickly to protect my sensitive skin from oily stage makeup (and of course, once the stage makeup was on, the slight green tint was immaterial). It does put up a great barrier on my skin to protect it from the stage stuff. In everyday use, it takes away redness and smooths out my skin tone. It's got a hefty price tag, but the bottle does last a very long time. For me, it's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by theserpentsapple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I alternate this product with Smashbox's green primer. This one doesn't have the same amount of silicone in it, so it's less slippery, but I still like it. This primer does more to reduce the redness, but not as much to smooth out my skin. My foundation applies nicely over this and I much prefer it to the heinousness that was L'Oreal's green primer.

There are two types of green primers: pale mint green primers and deeper green primers. This one is in between the two. It neutralizes redness without creating a grey tone to your skin and it helps your foundation stay on longer. The pump is nice and I really like the formula. I'd continue to buy this, even though it's expensive.